MPQ at Marvel.com: Agent Coulson Jumps Into Action

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Seems pretty solid, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the loaner Coulson.

I do wish there'd been some bonus character synergy with either Fury/Avengers or Quake, though.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    World Rupture came to my mind as well.

Also, 4Pool could be fun with purple countdowns and his passive also triggering a countdown.

RHulk and Hulk also get quick countdowns. And Cho/SWitch get auto countdowns.

And stealth-buff to Redwing?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure I dig the stealth change to the release event. Deadpool vs. MPQ is not a great release event. And coming off of the abysmal iso week, having back to back 48 hour subs doesn't help with that at all.

Is it too late to change it back to a Heroic?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    When they say "Strength tiles" do they mean 'Strike tiles?"

This may refer to strike or attack tiles, but given that Coulson creates "Sniper" and "Spy" tiles at higher levels, which seem to be new types of tiles (the latter does AOE damage so it isn't a strike or attack tile), "strength" tiles may be a new type of tile unique to Coulson (maybe one that gives health?) Or maybe not.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I think it's fair to say his "commander" tile is a countdown that has essentially the same effects as KP's yellow power.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Great,another character i will fully cover in a year, and max out in a decade...
    How about comming with some ways how to actualy USE all of heroes who are just sitting in our roster? Seriously, i use like 10% of all characters.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Coulson's passive TU reduction should be limited to a specific color match (like yellow), not just any match when you have 6+ TU.

Characters Coulson will Not play well with:

5* Black Panther - auto reduction of TU AP making it impossible to acquire 11 for yellow power Spirit of Wakanda, and reducing the black power Panther's Prey CD tile that benefits greatly from lasting longer. He hinders 3* BP yellow strikes bonus damage as well.

4Clops - again, good luck trying to accumulate 10 TU AP for the big red one-shot. Also, reducing Cyke's Uncanny Stretegist CD...

Anyone who benefits from CD's lasting longer on the board - 4Pool purple, Ant-Man blue and yellow, Medusa, Kate black, Carol black (kinda), WM red, and others including a handful of 3*'s of course (Strange blue ... dang it!).

Naturally the CD reduction helps more characters than it hurts, so with good team planning everything will be fine. Not yet excited to see how he makes Peggy even more OP than she is already - swapping charged red into easy matches, reducing blue CD's while two enemies are already stunned... gulp.

He sounds really fun to play with several 3*'s though too. Combo him with an old favorite, Quicksilver and Daredevil. Don't knock DD (excellent stun CD aaaand) until you see how easy it will be to have 5+ red traps on the board that you can continually match yourself with QS and Coulson, swapping and charging up like crazy.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    astrp3 wrote:

This may refer to strike or attack tiles, but given that Coulson creates "Sniper" and "Spy" tiles at higher levels, which seem to be new types of tiles (the latter does AOE damage so it isn't a strike or attack tile), "strength" tiles may be a new type of tile unique to Coulson (maybe one that gives health?) Or maybe not.
    99% sure it's referring to Spy "Silent Strike" and Sniper "Sniper Rifle" abilities.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ry:Enemies
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    Not sure I dig the stealth change to the release event. Deadpool vs. MPQ is not a great release event. And coming off of the abysmal iso week, having back to back 48 hour subs doesn't help with that at all.

Is it too late to change it back to a Heroic?

I prefer 2 day subs for release events, as it gives me a chance to compete still since I can't play for a whole day during the weekend.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 wrote:
    I think it's fair to say his "commander" tile is a countdown that has essentially the same effects as KP's yellow power.

Very similar overall, with slightly different effects/order. For example, Kingpin doesn't have an AOE, and puts out strikes at level 4 of the skill, where Coulson (assuming strength tiles means strike tiles) does it as the first and an additional on the last level of the skill. But, yeah, definitely Kingpin adjacent.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't help but wonder if there was a mixup at the office. Seems like the guy who decides what order the events run in assumed Venom Heroic would start yesterday and cover the second half of the Gauntlet, but the guy who sets the start dates didn't know it was supposed to run then and instead put a Thursday start date.
    All speculation, of course, but it seems like something that could have happened.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc wrote:
    astrp3 wrote:

99% sure it's referring to Spy "Silent Strike" and Sniper "Sniper Rifle" abilities.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ry:Enemies

Yep, this means that the Commander's special tile is a strike tile (Tactical Deployment)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    His last power is Super Secret S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech for 11 Blue AP. Based on another Agent Coulson characteristic, Coulson unleashes an advanced piece of tech, raising an eyebrow in mild surprise at its effectiveness.

Why isn't the move called "So That's What It Does..."?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    What no starlord goes great with every character? Come on they seem like a good match!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was hoping for a 'so that's what that does' move with the defender gun, but nevertheless, looks like a solid skill set.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    i was hoping for a 'so that's what that does' move with the defender gun, but nevertheless, looks like a solid skill set.

On a similar note, the use of the word Cavalry without the power involving Melinda May seems slightly lazy on their part.

Also, here you have an ordinary guy without super powers and they somehow manage to miss including a power that relates to his robotic arm with built-in shield too.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I read the article and my first thought was "Phil seems to have been almost specifically made to play with 4hor and IM40....."
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Crowl wrote:
    Also, here you have an ordinary guy without super powers and they somehow manage to miss including a power that relates to his robotic arm with built-in shield too.
    Maybe they're saving that for the 5* version?? (Probably not)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    • The guys who do these interviews are always kinda off with the lingo, like how George Lucas still calls a lightsaber a "Laser sword" and blasters "Ray guns".
    • They could be saving the specific Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. references for a dedicated spec (like the ones I keep designing in the spec forum *cough*). A buddy build like R&G, or maybe a multi build like Banner/Hulk, that could let the agents shine together without necessitating a whole build for each one--Mack shotgun-axes somebody, May kicks some dudes, Fitz-Simmons heal the team and create special tiles.
      (Hmm, how would they maximize synergy with Coulson and Quake? Back to the lab again...)
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    I plan on using him with War Machine (5/2/5) and either OML (4/2/2) or C4rol (2/2/3)....in a year's time when i finally get enough covers icon_lol.gif !