MPQ at Marvel.com: Agent Coulson Jumps Into Action

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Want to save the world, and look good doing it? Here's your chance. Agent Coulson has arrived!

https://news.marvel.com/games/60049/pie ... t-coulson/

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel.com: Who does he fight best alongside? Thor (Goddess of Thunder) seems an easy comrade, making use of Coulson’s charged to power her Smite. Who else fits into Coulson’s crew?

War Machine (James Rhodes)’s Gatling Gun which creates Countdown Tiles that deal damage and destroy tiles around them.

Nope sorry, he only destroys Basic Tiles
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    When they say "Strength tiles" do they mean 'Strike tiles?"
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Brigby, can you ask Josh Austin to stop referring to "strength" tiles in these marvel.com press releases?

It's been going on for a while now and it's pretty confusing. There are three 'basic' types of special tiles that affect match damage: attack tiles, strike tiles, and protect tiles. What is a "strength" tile?

I know that nomenclature can be confusing because players and devs sometimes have different names for the same things (e.g. pins v. nodes). But "strength tile" isn't a player or dev term. I only ever see it in the marvel.com "interviews." (and from a 'street cred' perspective, using the right terms also adds to the appearance that the devs and pubs understand their own product!)

As for coulson, he might be a fun addition if his numbers are impressive. But it's hard to imagine a CD-based character being top tier. Or so i thought before carol!

Also interesting to see a 4* character with a 5*-like power set (i.e. high complexity with each color having multiple components, both active and passive)!
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Will this heroic only allow the use of the boosted characters as normally occured for heroics or will our entire roster be available?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker

Actually I think those are attack tiles, because of the fist
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

It's a new type of Tile that gives your characters Strength. Be careful, Loki can reverse them to Weak tiles.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Could be a good match with Carol and Peggy.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Cool ability descriptions so far, I appreciate the multi-utility powers that usually belong to 5*'s.
    Sounds like a perfect ally for C4rol, and a good red/green user.
    With that color set though, it sounds like Fury's days are limited...
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Will this heroic only allow the use of the boosted characters as normally occured for heroics or will our entire roster be available?
    Hopefully unrestricted like the last heroic. Much more playable like that.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will be pretty hilarious to use with World Rupture.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Hopefully unrestricted like the last heroic. Much more playable like that.
    Less fun though, but I suppose more suitable for a release event.
    Very happy Venom Heroic has subs now. Though having to fight Carnage and Doc Ock in the last sub is no fun.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Imagine gaining 1 or 2 green AP every time Human Torch's Flame Jet countdown reaches 0. That would be fun.
    Want to work for the world’s premiere spy agency, save the world on a weekly basis, and look great doing it? Sorry, but there’s only room for one Phil Coulson in “Marvel Puzzle Quest,” but good news—we can all play his wingman.
    Come on, there's always room for more than one of the same character in MPQ. I'm sure we will get a new Coulson later with a subtitle that honors his mastery of baits.

I want to make a team with Coulson, Sentry and Hood, focused on World Rupture. Meanwhile, AI Coulson will be lethal with grunts. Specially ninjas, as they place several countdowns at once with their Shurikens.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Strength" was probably said since descriptions will say "strength 100 strike tile". Since the CD is a Commander tile, I expect strike tiles.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Still no "Shotgun-Axe" or "Breakfast Nook." Devs, I am disappoint.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Release event now switched to DPvMPQ in the article.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    *Yawn* Another 1 for the 4gotten tier.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Still no "Shotgun-Axe" or "Breakfast Nook." Devs, I am disappoint.

Also no Lola. What gives?!
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "Strength" was probably said since descriptions will say "strength 100 strike tile". Since the CD is a Commander tile, I expect strike tiles.

They really have to work on nailing down this terminology they use. There's what's in the game, then there's the lingo the devs use, and they obviously aren't the same.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 wrote:

They really have to work on nailing down this terminology they use. There's what's in the game, then there's the lingo the devs use, and they obviously aren't the same.
    Forget Terminology. Apparently the release was wrong. Its not a heroic NR at all!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Coulson looks great. But dp vs mpq right after this ISO drought from gauntlet. They really don't want use generating any ISO any time soon.