Dying on the vine

2»

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    alaeth wrote:
    How do you guys handle the ISO shortage? Myself, I refuse to open any covers except standard ones and the special events (ones with higher drop rates for new characters). Currently I'm sitting on almost 1,000 tokens... taunting me, teasing me... begging to be opened. icon_e_confused.gif

I don't open CP or Legendary tokens, as part of a strategy to whale a complete 5* later on. I open everything else, but I have all the 3*s championed, and enough 4*s championed that if I pull one from a heroic token, I can typically use it. I only usually have to sell a 4* if it's the 6th color for one I don't have completed. I've sold two or three red Luke Cage covers for example. Bunchafiddlefaddle!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My only Dying on The Vine is a red Nova. It's there because I would conservatively estimate it to be my 11th red Nova and I can't get either the last yellow or black that would finish him. We need color agnosticism. Having a character fall 11/4/3 is stupid, infuriating and indefensible. My Spider-Gwen is much the same situation at 3/5/1 now. I don't care about her so I haven't kept much track but I've sold at least a half dozen extra reds.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have covers for winter soldier and bl4de dying in the vine currently. Any other 2 week cycle and I'd be fine. Unfortunately this drought will cause me to have to sell one of them in all likelihood. Really torn on which one.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    alaeth wrote:

How do you guys handle the ISO shortage? Myself, I refuse to open any covers except standard ones and the special events (ones with higher drop rates for new characters). Currently I'm sitting on almost 1,000 tokens... taunting me, teasing me... begging to be opened. icon_e_confused.gif

QUEEEN, open those tokens. You have nearly all 3* champed and half the 4* champed. Most of those tokens will give you more champ levels which leads to ... ISO and XP and more tokens and CP all of which lead to ... MORE ISO.

You are sitting on around 250,000 ISO just waiting to be open!!! Maybe the ISO shortage won't be so bad for you if you open you're TINY KITTY COVERS.

Maybe you have to sell a few covers though, but totally worth it. Or you can open until you get a card for someone you need to champ. Then stop opening and you have 14 days to champ that person. Then open more.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    I have covers for winter soldier and bl4de dying in the vine currently. Any other 2 week cycle and I'd be fine. Unfortunately this drought will cause me to have to sell one of them in all likelihood. Really torn on which one.

i say sell winter soldier and champ blade. i've found that playing against blade can sometimes really get away from you. he also works pretty well paired with OML to tank (in pve at least)
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    This is why I don't pull tokens for 4* characters until I have enough iso to potentially champ one if I have to. Some covers will inevitably go to waste, but such is life. I'm currently wAiting until the last day of Gauntlet to get my Cage cover to allow for the max amount of time to collect iso and champ him.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    TimGunn wrote:
    alaeth wrote:

QUEEEN, open those tokens. You have nearly all 3* champed and half the 4* champed. Most of those tokens will give you more champ levels which leads to ... ISO and XP and more tokens and CP all of which lead to ... MORE ISO.

You are sitting on around 250,000 ISO just waiting to be open!!! Maybe the ISO shortage won't be so bad for you if you open you're TINY KITTY COVERS.

Maybe you have to sell a few covers though, but totally worth it. Or you can open until you get a card for someone you need to champ. Then stop opening and you have 14 days to champ that person. Then open more.

Heh, I hear you... but I find it hard to open them on the (admittedly) low chance I'll have to sell... so I scrimp and save, to Champ the one in queue, only to have it happen again the next month. Seems my "On the vine" status is non-stop these days... I always have something rotting (last week was Punisher Max, now Nova). I briefly got ahead of the rot and had nothing in queue... so I was opening them.. I had over 500k ISO in reserve... it was glorious! Based on how many tokens I have saved up now, you can tell that was over 2 seasons ago!

I keep telling myself "After this Champ, then I'll be safe..."...

I know I'm putting myself behind... and playing ab-normally... but I'm okay with that... better to be odd in my own way and enjoy this game, then get frustrated and quit icon_e_wink.gif. As I type this, I'm reminded of a scene from the Simpsons, where the vet is trying to save a hampster and he says something to the effect of "Damnit, lost another one" before discarding it into the trashbin... icon_e_biggrin.gif