Dying on the vine

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Who else is going to have to sell some covers because there isn't enough PVE iso available to champ them? I've currently got 4 different 4*s in inventory, 2 of which have 2 covers pending.

Brigby Please pull some strings and have whatever PVE is next have double iso. I beg thee!

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I got a whole 6,000 ISO!

See:sig. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

If you weren't on Steam, you would have at least 12,000 Iso lol.. sorry I had to
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I've a 4* cover Punisher due to expire in 4 days. I need just under 100K ISO to champ him.

Would be gutting to have to sell the cover before I hit the target

Double ISO would be truly appreciated
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    am very concerned about this. Have 3 days for 2 IW covers. Need 15,500 each day to make it (which was the exact amount I got yesterday). Think I can probably get a new SCL in that time, which would obviously do it!

And I just calculated how many Gauntlet fights I have left, so I can spread them out evenly in hopes of maximizing my intercept chances.

Putting ISO into the 2* farm is suspended though!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    rg72 wrote:
    I've a 4* cover Punisher due to expire in 4 days. I need just under 100K ISO to champ him.

Take a loan out against some max champed 2-stars?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Have a Nova expiring in 2 days. He's at 2/5/5 so I need 120 cp and 270k iso. Thanks to champ rewards I almost have enough iso, still need 1 cp to champ. With no pve, and I already hit 575 in top gun theres no easy way to get cp.

Also have Kingpin expiring in 7 days. Probably wouldn't have been able to champ both of them, but no pve really hurt
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

If you weren't on Steam, you would have at least 12,000 Iso lol.. sorry I had to

Ug, the additional punch to the gut.

I forgot today is LR's, so I get a little bit more later.

I demand 24/7 LR's for steam users only, to make up for what we are losing in intercepts.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Hendross wrote:
    rg72 wrote:

Take a loan out against some max champed 2-stars?

None maxed at the moment, so may well have to sell some under developed ones. I have a couple of developing 2*s that are close, so if they don't hit, then that'll be the way forward icon_e_sad.gif

Coupled with no intercepts over the past few days (got one Elite Token today so far out of 15+ games) it's pretty frustrating.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got three Mr. Fantastics chilling right now with 11 days left - I should be fine because I hit a shield rank recently so he's already at 230, but letting him sit there and not pumping levels into him is driving me nuts.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I have 6 dying on the vine right now, and I just sold one because the timer was at 9 minutes (really cut it close for no reason, it wasn't like I would miraculously find 300k ISO). I am shaking my fist at the sky
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The current state of the game clearly says - manage your resources. Tokens are resources as well. If you prefer to keep the cover - open them only when you have the iso for the next one. You keep opening until you get one needed while fueling your 2*-3* champions and maybe 4* champions. This is true to a limited degree for heroics and event tokens (as the 4* chance is about 2% so you might as well want to roll the dice) and absolute must for any Legendary pulls.

It's good to take into account what is the next 4* cover in PvP and PvE progressions. Another factor - are you getting a cover from resupply list soon.

When you check all of that you should limit the number of 4* covers you have to sell to an absolute minimum (and sometimes you will still have to sell). if not and you open all and everything even with no iso you have to be prepared to sell a lot.

One 4* to champion every 2 weeks is close to best case scenario with the current iso flow. A bad week like this can happen (but won't happen for some more months) but in general - 2 per month. So why opening tokens to have more?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I have an IW and a Miles cover in my queue. . . I was expecting to have just barely enough iso (including selling 2* champs) to champion both of them. Now I'll have to choose between them. It's not a huge deal, but it's definitely aggravating. The game just isn't giving me much of a reason to open it. Even as someone who normally plays lightning rounds. . . the "experiment" from two weeks ago burned me off of those too.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    The current state of the game clearly says - manage your resources. Tokens are resources as well. If you prefer to keep the cover - open them only when you have the iso for the next one. You keep opening until you get one needed while fueling your 2*-3* champions and maybe 4* champions. This is true to a limited degree for heroics and event tokens (as the 4* chance is about 2% so you might as well want to roll the dice) and absolute must for any Legendary pulls.

It's good to take into account what is the next 4* cover in PvP and PvE progressions. Another factor - are you getting a cover from resupply list soon.

When you check all of that you should limit the number of 4* covers you have to sell to an absolute minimum (and sometimes you will still have to sell). if not and you open all and everything even with no iso you have to be prepared to sell a lot.

One 4* to champion every 2 weeks is close to best case scenario with the current iso flow. A bad week like this can happen (but won't happen for some more months) but in general - 2 per month. So why opening tokens to have more?

Wise words magic.

I'm on d1000+ here. (GG purple is upcoming in a few days!) I have all 3s champed and 33 4s champed. All but the most recent 5 are cover maxed. I usually have absolutely no problem opening as I go and champing at least 1 person every other week.

My problem is the unprecedented lack of PVE during gauntlet. I believe every singe run of it has had a new PVE kick off about 3 days into it. Without this influx of CP/HP/Iso, my normal roster progress has come screeching to a halt.

As someone who is HP self sustaining, having the lack of HP has even hurt my PVP as I couldn't both compete and roster a dupe Hulk that was going to expire. I ended up selling 2 max champed 2s for the HP.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I've got an Elektra with a few days left -- I think I'll be able to get it done, but it would be done already if we had our regular flow of ISO.

That said, I've been going back to green-check all of Gauntlet. It sucks, and it takes forever, but at least I'm getting some intercepts and XP out of it.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:

there are other ways to die on the vine though. and other ways to acquire 4*. As you mentioned, many tokens can miraculously spit out a 4*, as well as 3* champ rewards. I agree that no one should spend LT's or CP on legendaries if you can't afford the possibility of the outcome. But I am not struggling for the ISO side, my problem is that I pulled legendaries and got a bunch of covers I can't use. My 4/1/5 peggy sure didn't need another blue...
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I have 3 covers for 3 star.pngdrstrange_icon.png that will expire this week but I still need 1 more blueflag.png cover to reach max. If I can find that cover, I have the iso to champ him.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Magic wrote:

there are other ways to die on the vine though. and other ways to acquire 4*. As you mentioned, many tokens can miraculously spit out a 4*, as well as 3* champ rewards. I agree that no one should spend LT's or CP on legendaries if you can't afford the possibility of the outcome. But I am not struggling for the ISO side, my problem is that I pulled legendaries and got a bunch of covers I can't use. My 4/1/5 peggy sure didn't need another blue...

Some covers will die on the vine. It's unavoidable and it's part of the game. But a lot of the people who complain are people who should have stopped pulling long before they did.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:

My problem is the unprecedented lack of PVE during gauntlet. I believe every singe run of it has had a new PVE kick off about 3 days into it. Without this influx of CP/HP/Iso, my normal roster progress has come screeching to a halt.

This. I manage and plan ahead too, (currently saving Falcon and Groot covers because they'll give 4*'s covers with their next champ rewards and so I'm taking advantage of an extra 2 weeks on both) but planning takes learning from the past, and there's always been another PVE by Sunday or Monday. I planned for that, and as a result, had to toss Gwen cover off a bridge today. Just no way to get the ISO for her and all the others in time.

Its not that big of deal to me (it is only Spider Gwen) and I'll be happier with 4* Luke Cage anyway when I finish him, but its a disappointing situation, and probably worse for others who ma actually need the champ or cover they were needing.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Dying on the vine is the reality...

For me it's a Nova cover - 100k to go, 8 days remaining. Should be do-able (especially with LRs starting in 2 hours).

How do you guys handle the ISO shortage? Myself, I refuse to open any covers except standard ones and the special events (ones with higher drop rates for new characters). Currently I'm sitting on almost 1,000 tokens... taunting me, teasing me... begging to be opened. icon_e_confused.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't because I hardly got any covers this week due to hardly any tokens, reward covers, & CP.