2»

Comments

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    There's a lot of 2017 left to go....
    SHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the "end competitive PVE" group wins, get used to a permanent resource drought.

How do you figure?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that we are losing the command points, HP and tokens that are normally awarded in the progresss rewards. But I don't think ISO and xp are affected.

Typical pve node consists of roughly 10 nodes, so 70 for the week. There aren't about that many nodes in the gauntlet. So the xp should be easier to obtain (only 3 clears instead of 4).

As for ISO, each pve sub is roughly 10k. Each gauntlet node is 500+250+100=850. Times that by 70 and it's almost 60k. That's only 10k less than usual.

The problem is, the majority can't be bothered to green tick this event. Myself included. I only did enough to get to the next shield rank.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie wrote:
    I agree that we are losing the command points, HP and tokens that are normally awarded in the progresss rewards. But I don't think ISO and xp are affected.

Typical pve node consists of roughly 10 nodes, so 70 for the week. There aren't about that many nodes in the gauntlet. So the xp should be easier to obtain (only 3 clears instead of 4).

As for ISO, each pve sub is roughly 10k. Each gauntlet node is 500+250+100=850. Times that by 70 and it's almost 60k. That's only 10k less than usual.

The problem is, the majority can't be bothered to green tick this event. Myself included. I only did enough to get to the next shield rank.

Only there are 42 nodes in Gauntlet, not 70, and even if you wanted to green check everything, that it only makes 35,100 (6 nodes replace the 100 ISO reward with CP). That's about 3 subs worth of ISO, not factoring individual and alliance placement for subs. The XP for each node is easier to obtain, but still requires a bit of self-flagellation. With no sub rewards, a week with only Gauntlet running is akin to a third- or quarter-ISO week.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry I didn't actually count all the nodes. 70 was a rough estimate.

42 nodes on the main path +18 essential nodes makes 60 nodes total. I wasn't far off with 70.

Edit: Though I have to admit the actual iso amount for each pve subs (just counting 3x easy, 3x hard and 3x hardest) is closer to 14k. Which is 98k for the week. Compared to 51k (60x850) and it's already half the amount without factoring tokens and sub rewards.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Jdob84 wrote:
    Hopefully the Devs realize that we have real lives outside this game.
    Conversely, the devs would like you to realize that they don't make money off of you during the time you aren't playing the game.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been a resource slim week. Won't say I haven't enjoyed the break though. I might say that in a few days when all those 4* covers in the queue get sold though.