I vote we call this week the great resource drought of 2017

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Gauntlet with no concurrent PvE means basically no iso for the week. All those expiring covers are going to expire because there's no income to get there. I'm struggling to even champ a 2* this week! We already know they won't do anything about it, so this is just a gripe. Life goes on, hopefully the new DDQ makes up for it.

Edit: With CP, tokens, and covers added to the list, we'll just call it the Great Resource Drought of 2017.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are also losing out on about 64 guaranteed CP for progression in 2 events, several hundreds or more HP, a giant stack of tokens and even a lot of XP.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steam users continue to have no intercept ISO. I vote we call this "the great continuation of the great ISO drought since 2016".

As an agreement - I played six matches and got ~6000 ISO and two covers today. Done with gauntlet days ago, done with PVP yesterday...this game left me with nothing to do and nothing much to get today.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were too busy celebrating President's Day to get us events icon_lol.gif
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    With next pve prob being a new release the extreme lack of gold this past week is extremely annoying. As its not annoying enough tryna keep the gold intake high enough to match the speed of NR's loosing about 1k gold (aka. one slot) is very annoying.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually loved it. It was my first "weekend off" in ages! I enjoyed some sunshine, family, tv and even (gasp) other games!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I actually loved it. It was my first "weekend off" in ages! I enjoyed some sunshine, family, tv and even (gasp) other games!

I agree on this but it's times like these that they should worry about players quitting the game. Everytime Gauntlet or a 7-day event (that isn't EotS) I get so unmotivated to the point that I consider uninstalling the app. I am very surprised a new PVE did not start Sunday. This is definitely The Great Drought.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Agreed on the ISO and the CP. Its been relaxing, sure, but I had to sell off a Spider Gwen cover because the ISO math just isn’t there anymore in the time before it expired. I was also hoping to get as many chances as I could at 5* Black Widow before she left the Latest LT’s, but alas.

Its never been problem before with Gauntlets because they usually started an overlapping event around the 4th day, but the holiday weekend apparently nixed that. How about a Presidents Day Sale next year at least?

I’d play more PVP but I’ve already got the 4* progression from both of the current options. It won’t effect me in the long run with my current roster (I’ll get gwen done eventually), but it is disappointing be in a groove in the game, steadily champing characters I had long been forced to ignore, they basically stop.

Hopefully they’ve got some good stuff planned though, as evident from the DDQ markings. But hey, maybe it time I took a break. And let that VIP expire. (hint, hint).
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    While I enjoyed the break, I'm also noticing a resource suck. Lack of intercepts and pve progession has impacted both my iso and hero point totals significantly
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    They can make up for it by running a double RESOURCE week, double iso, hp, comps, xp
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Steam users continue to have no intercept ISO. I vote we call this "the great continuation of the great ISO drought since 2016".

You get what you deserve for playing a mobile game on steam icon_e_wink.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Steam users continue to have no intercept ISO.

iOS users continue to have no intercept ISO, and the devs don't seem to concerned about fixing that either.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

iOS users continue to have no intercept ISO, and the devs don't seem to concerned about fixing that either.

I'm on iOS and I'm still seeing ISO from Intercepts, though not as much these past three days since I've only had DDQ for a PVE option since Saturday.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I think having a small break every season would be great! This would be a terrific quality of life improvement to those in competitive alliances.

My thoughts to accommodate those with ISO drought during these proposed breaks:

1. Make Gauntlet only 3-4 days and make a slight scaling adjustment to compensate for the shortened length
    2. Do at least 1 of the following: Increase ISO rewards for each node, Run double ISO the following event, or run an additional PVP event that has dramatically increased ISO during Gauntlet time.

Just some thoughts, but I am definitely enjoying a break!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm on iOS and I'm still seeing ISO from Intercepts, though not as much these past three days since I've only had DDQ for a PVE option since Saturday.

Well some of us aren't getting any intercepts at all. It's been at least 3 weeks since I've seen a single one.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the people enjoying the "break". It should tell you all you need to know. Treat this game as a simple match game without time constraints and it becomes a much better game than having to slog through competitive and repetitive PvE and PvP events where it feels more like work than a game. I discovered this about six months ago. You will find better games or other activities in real life to better fill that time space but you can always turn on MPQ at any point to play a great Marvel puzzle matching game.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Warbringa wrote:
    For the people enjoying the "break". It should tell you all you need to know. Treat this game as a simple match game without time constraints and it becomes a much better game than having to slog through competitive and repetitive PvE and PvP events where it feels more like work than a game. I discovered this about six months ago. You will find better games or other activities in real life to better fill that time space but you can always turn on MPQ at any point to play a great Marvel puzzle matching game.

I agree that this game is amazing, and that Real Life is also great. I would love to be able to play this game casually, but the developers have made a system that you need to be in a competitive alliance in order to make any real progression (unless you want to be at a snails pace). I enjoy being in a competitive alliance with the challenges that brings. Its just nice to have some free time to remind myself of the other things in life I sometimes miss out on playing this "casual" game. The real reason I dont recommend this game to newer players is because of the time crunch that needs to be set aside every day just to get placement rewards and help your alliance out (and not get a bad score).

I just hope that someday, I can have my cake and eat it too.. I want to enjoy a great game (which this is) with less of a time-crunch. I promise I can stop playing anytime... maybe.. I just hope the Devs get the point from countless forum posts that there is too much time investment that has to happen to be any good, or get any rewards that are better than standard tokens. If they dont address that, eventually even all the shiny tokens and covers, and great alliance mates will not be enough to get people to stay playing. Thats the only reason I want a couple of days off a month without having to let my alliance down (or have them find a temporary replacement).

We wouldnt all be here on these forums and chatrooms (and using LINE) if we didnt care about this game. Hopefully the Devs realize that we have real lives outside this game.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the "end competitive PVE" group wins, get used to a permanent resource drought.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jdob84 wrote:
    Warbringa wrote:

I agree that this game is amazing, and that Real Life is also great. I would love to be able to play this game casually, but the developers have made a system that you need to be in a competitive alliance in order to make any real progression (unless you want to be at a snails pace). I enjoy being in a competitive alliance with the challenges that brings. Its just nice to have some free time to remind myself of the other things in life I sometimes miss out on playing this "casual" game. The real reason I dont recommend this game to newer players is because of the time crunch that needs to be set aside every day just to get placement rewards and help your alliance out (and not get a bad score).

I just hope that someday, I can have my cake and eat it too.. I want to enjoy a great game (which this is) with less of a time-crunch. I promise I can stop playing anytime... maybe.. I just hope the Devs get the point from countless forum posts that there is too much time investment that has to happen to be any good, or get any rewards that are better than standard tokens. If they dont address that, eventually even all the shiny tokens and covers, and great alliance mates will not be enough to get people to stay playing. Thats the only reason I want a couple of days off a month without having to let my alliance down (or have them find a temporary replacement).

We wouldnt all be here on these forums and chatrooms (and using LINE) if we didnt care about this game. Hopefully the Devs realize that we have real lives outside this game.

The other problem is large portion of the forum posters don't understand the free to play model.

I understand the time crunch to be able to progress as a free to play player.

But the game provides another way to progress ...$$$
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Once I ran up against Danvers in the third gauntlet I was done and not having some of the characters for DDQ lately has made the last week the worst ever for me.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    There's a lot of 2017 left to go....