No PvE to overlap with Gauntlet?

Nepenthe
Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Normally didn't the last few days of the Gauntlet overlap with the start of a regular PvE event? I've already green-checked all of the Gauntlet nodes as of Sunday, so it's looking like there's no story events for me to play until Thursday now? (Apart from DDQ, obviously.)

This is really disappointing. And it makes the issue with the low progression rewards for the Gauntlet even worse, since it's blocking out the full 7 days of PvE. icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Probably not today since they are off for President day.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This weekend has been one of the most boring on MPQ. It is the least amount of time I've played the game since I started two years ago. The thing D3 should be scared about is that I didn't miss it. Not sure if I want the next event to start or not. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess someone forgot to feed the PvE hamsters. What a shame.
    There's still the SHIELD Simulator to keep me occupied though, and there's Lightning rounds tomorrow...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just lol at being off on president's day. Not even my GF is off and she works for the state government which looks for any reason to have a day off.

I just want to know who is the required 2 star cause I have both magneto and daken to sell off, and need a roster spot for 5 star strange.
  • smkspy
    Quebbster wrote:
    There's still the SHIELD Simulator to keep me occupied though, and there's Lightning rounds tomorrow...

I would play simulator, but there is just so much time left on it. I don't want my overall pvp score to go down cause I refuse to shield for it with so many days left. Simulator needs milestone checks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I would play simulator, but there is just so much time left on it. I don't want my overall pvp score to go down cause I refuse to shield for it with so many days left. Simulator needs milestone checks.
    Get your 2K early, fall, reclimb in the last 12 hours.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Boring event with poor rewards and not impressed with the shield awards this time around either

Though in a way it's been good as I probably needed a break from the game after nearly two years of daily play.

Still been doing this event but just a few fights a day

Hoping we have a new event as its been a while since we had one
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

This.
    I always aim to hit 2000 by the 2-weeks-to-go mark. That way I don't suffer trying to crawl up the ladder near the end only to fail. Once you've got the final progression, anything else is a bonus.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I avoided complaining about the Gauntlet rewards because I figured we'd have a proper PvE in 3-4 days, and things would be back to normal. Now I take back my lack of complaining.

I have a Miles cover I'll now have to sell, which I would have had enough iso to champion under normal circumstances. It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's annoying.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:

This.
    I always aim to hit 2000 by the 2-weeks-to-go mark. That way I don't suffer trying to crawl up the ladder near the end only to fail. Once you've got the final progression, anything else is a bonus.
    Ayup. It's not like it's difficult to get up again after you get knocked down.
    Just have a whisky drink, and a vodka drink. Sing some songs that remind you of the good times, and some songs that remind you of the better times.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    They did that joke better in the podcast icon_lol.gif
  • smkspy
    One burdon, one scotch, and one grind up back again.
  • Quebbster
    Tony Foot wrote:
    They did that joke better in the podcast icon_lol.gif
    Quite possible, I don't listen to podcasts. It's not the first time I used that reference here though.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

This.
    Ayup. It's not like it's difficult to get up again after you get knocked down.
    Just have a whisky drink, and a vodka drink. Sing some songs that remind you of the good times, and some songs that remind you of the better times.

Don't forget your cider drink or your lager drink. You'll get up again, they're never going to keep you down.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    very annoyed as well. got to get that ISO flow everyday.

also, I think a lot of Companies stopped giving a holiday for Easter and started giving one for President's Day instead. Less religious!

EDIT:

of course it doesn't matter that it was a holiday, they plug events in advance. there is always a PVP starting on a Sunday!!! and stuff continues like normal over t-giving and x-mas.

I bet whoever made this decision is new and didn't realize Gauntlet is always run in-part, concurrent with a regular PVE. It has to be bad from their perspective. Having that many days without player engagement.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Assuming that the intercepts generate revenue per view, that's bound to have taken a hit too. I'm primarily a PvE player, and I've played maybe 10 matches today (including DDQ), where I would normally be playing 4-7 times that many. I've seen 6 intercepts on each of the last 2 days, when I usually see 12-18. (With apologies to Steam and Amazon users for rubbing it in.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's killing me is there's a Quake cover in the vault that I need. Usually the HP I'd earn in PvE would be enough to have a go at it. I've got 105 HP left with no way of earning more.
    And no, I'm not buying some. I bought a ten pack for that vault and didn't get it, I'm not going to sink more into it. I'd just like to have the chance to get it daily.

But even then, I'd champ her up and be completely out of ISO until Thursday.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

As Bow said it, get the 2k early, farm for iso and XP the rest of the time. On the last 48 hours, climb back up to 2k and shield out. We all need the iso and XP.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Yep, a bit boring with only PvP (which I don't play) and DPDQ. In fact the reason why I don't play gauntlet is because it's too much like PvP.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really understanding the complaints. We get so little breaks with this game, I've loved not having to worry about clears for a few days.