Which characters would you like to see added?

Options

Comments

• kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lot's of good suggestions, fellow gamers and Marvel fans. Keep 'em coming icon_cool.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need far more villains as the current ratio is really lacking. Heck, I would even be ok with more Gorgon like additions where maybe they are playable characters, but at least we get to see more unique villain representation in the game. New goon enemies would also be appreciated as long as they are closer to original goons (NOT like Ultron sentries).
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am OK with variants if they are actually cool (like Storm but with a hammer) or if their versions already in the game are only used early because they are only available in low levels (like Juggernaut or Hawkeye).
    For new characters, I agree we need more villains. The Sinister Six or Frightful Four not yet in the game would be nice as three stars. Moloid minions and a 4-star Mole Man + Tricephalous dual character.
    More heralds of Galactus and the Phoenix Five (two would be variants, but that's fine) would be cool to collect.
    Of course the Phoenix Five not yet in the game would also need their non-phoenix versions. I don't know if you guys prefer namor with the little shirt or thong-only. And most of Emma Frosts' suits would need to be edited a bit so the game is still for all the family. For Magik, I never read New Mutants, so instead of her classic uniform, I would prefer her current one, even if she looks like an anime OC or an ad for League of Angels.
    magik_artfx_statue__39388.1439482315.450.600.jpg?c=2
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Morph
    Blink
    Omega Red
    Mr. Sinister

I don't really care about anyone else. Or more accurately, the ones I'd want are weird one-off villains that I liked that were in their respective comics for like ten minutes, like Vessel and Black Tarantula, and I know I'll never see them.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Promotional:
    I'm expecting Vulture (hopefully) with Spider Man Homecoming. Electro and Sandman are other good Spidey villains to add, though lower priority since their movies passed.
    Maybe Yondu or Nebula could join, but I'm not sure D3 would bother. Maybe Wonder Man (though I think Simon Williams role in GotG2 is just a cameo/teaser spot).
    I wouldn't expect Hela in game, but maybe we'll see an Odinson of some kind?
    Non-promotional:
    Read the first issue of Champions, and I liked it. While I don't know how popular she'll be, maybe Viv Vision will end up in the game.
    I mostly don't care about the Wrecking Crew, but I always thought Absorbing Man (power wise) was cool. And a power that changes depending on the biggest AP pool could make him really unpredictable to deal with (default to its own color, then adds new possible powers at higher ranks?)
    The Mandarin, also with a versatile power set through the rings. That should be more like Kingpin/MCU Cap or Nick Fury, with multi-color CD tiles or AP thresholds, or even like Goblin's Trick or Treat. And he should summon Fin Fang Foom.
    A Marvel Zombie for Halloween. Maybe Giant Man since Hank Pym was passed over for Scott Lang.
    Lockjaw. Because huge, teleporting dog.
    Taskmaster. This could be really fun, laying traps, using photographic reflexes in some damage dodging mechanic or retaliation. Or both.
    And maybe Red Skull? Classic villain and all.
    Studio Rights Hell:
    Kitty Pryde (My bae), Archangel (Horseman of Death?), other X-Men characters that would make the post way too long, Annihilus, Super Skrull, Kang the Conqueror.
    I liked their comics, but super unlikely:
    Power Pack. Gravity control, density control, velocity, and disintigration/energy discharge. Making 4 characters would be a bit much. Making the whole team as one character could be possible.
  • buck3
    buck3 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Omega Red
    Apocalypse
    Bishop
    Red Skull
    Odin
    Adam Warlock
    Dormammu
    Sabertooth
    Purple Man Killgrave
    Jessica Jones
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alfje17 wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    Apocalypse: need I say more? Imagine him calling upon his horsemen like Captain America or Nick Fury calls upon the Avengers!
    The Vulture
    Mysterio : his powers of illusion could be a very cool gimmick in the game

Apocalypse could be cool, but whilst I don't agree with it, I can see why Marvel doesn't want to promote the non-MCU films.

According to movie sources, Vulture might be in the new Spidey movie, so there's a chance he or other Spidey characters are coming to MPQ. Personally I'd love to see some more classic characters, like Black Cat and Mysterio.

A bit mystified why Jessica Jones or Purple Man doesn't exist in the game, especially since they launched a new Luke Cage when his series came to Netflix... maybe a new Iron Fist is coming in time for his small screen debut?

Why is it that other games like Clash of Champions have no problem adding X-Men? Why does MPQ have to be the odd game out?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    Apocalypse: need I say more? Imagine him calling upon his horsemen like Captain America or Nick Fury calls upon the Avengers!
    The Vulture
    Mysterio : his powers of illusion could be a very cool gimmick in the game

Apocalypse could be cool, but whilst I don't agree with it, I can see why Marvel doesn't want to promote the non-MCU films.

According to movie sources, Vulture might be in the new Spidey movie, so there's a chance he or other Spidey characters are coming to MPQ. Personally I'd love to see some more classic characters, like Black Cat and Mysterio.

A bit mystified why Jessica Jones or Purple Man doesn't exist in the game, especially since they launched a new Luke Cage when his series came to Netflix... maybe a new Iron Fist is coming in time for his small screen debut?

Why is it that other games like Clash of Champions have no problem adding X-Men? Why does MPQ have to be the odd game out?

Disney licensing practices are shrouded in mystery. Its pretty clear the bias against mutants exists. But hey, we're still doing better than Future Fight.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously, stop asking for X-Men. It's clear that licensing is preventing ALL Marvel games, not just MPQ, from introducing any new X-Men into their rosters. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Gambit and Rogue in the game.

That being said, I'd like to see more villians. I think Kilgore could be great, having a power that turns the enemy powers against them or disables power usage.

I don't mind duplicates, as long as they're on a new power bracket. Like, I'm ok with a 2, 3, and 5* Steve Rogers, or a 1, 3, 4, and 5* Iron Man.

I'd love to see more 3* versions of 5s, as well.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    How about not just some new characters, but a new tier too since 5* was sooooo 2016:

6* Kobik - Lets you re-write the game's code to whatever you like
    6* Grandmaster - IBM Watson actually controls and plays this character
    6* Collector - Whenever he wins, he takes one of his opponent's covers and adds it to his collection

icon_e_wink.gif

Otherwise, among the realm of "reality," I would join the chorus of more villians as they're less represented in the game and I would love to see some classic ones such as the Red Skull and Kang the Conqueror (who are both kicking around in current comic runs). Also, I'd love to see some more Thunderbolts action in the game because I'm a big fan of the new comic series and their 10th anniversary is coming up. Sure, we have Bucky and Moonstone, though not her current costume variant (*dodges rocks thrown from other forum-ites*), but would also love to see Atlas, Mach X, Songbird, and Fixer.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, stop asking for X-Men.

To be fair, dude asked who you "would like to see" added, not "who is actually likely to be added." Historically those have been very different questions, with a handful of exceptions; I do remember a lot of people saying they wanted to see Moon Knight, for instance, but I'm fairly sure nobody was clamoring for Riri or Phil Coulson.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only variant I would like see added is Juggernaut, a 1* just doesn't do him any justice!

And if we must have more Heroes, I'd vote for Angela (Thor's long lost sister)!
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    We need far more villains as the current ratio is really lacking. Heck, I would even be ok with more Gorgon like additions where maybe they are playable characters, but at least we get to see more unique villain representation in the game. New goon enemies would also be appreciated as long as they are closer to original goons (NOT like Ultron sentries).

This.

Really, a great way forward would be to introduce a stack of villains as enemy bosses, and then adjust their powers later when they get around to making them playable. In this way, the community gets new opponents, and D3 gets free balance testing!

Second the "no more sentries" goons, as well.

My preferred characters? I'd like Spiral to make it in, along with Legion, Kid/Female Loki, Hela, Enchantress and etc.

--Khanwulf
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Everybody takes a backseat to Gladiator!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    It makes me so sad, that people ARE STILL listing FOX characters, even after all these years.

Lord...........
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At least no one asked for Spawn... icon_twisted.gif
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted for more classics, but duplicates are fine.

At the rate they're going, are there actually many more ANAD characters left to add?

Viv Vision and Teen Cyke to round out the Champions roster?

That's... that's it. The only other stuff I'm seeing is a bunch of lines that were confirmed cancelled or have had no recent publications, such as: Mockingbird, Nighthawk/Squadron Supreme, or Angela. There's a bunch of mutants who have solo books - including Iceman, Jean Grey, and Cable - plus the new X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold series which are kicking off this year IIRC, but we're probably not going to be getting a rush of mutants any time soon.

Looking at the recent line-up changes for the Avengers, and there are a few names which stand out.

Songbird
    This would be a great "twofer" add to the game. Songbird has been on a few different teams, mostly villainous, before ending up working with the Avengers. She's also been around long enough to be classified as a Classic character, but has a distinct ANAD incarnation.

Wiccan
    I don't know much about Wiccan, but we've had a few magic users added recently, and this one is apparently destined to become an entity called "Demiurge". Just sayin...

Dazzler
    Because its Dazzler!

So, yeah, I don't see a whole tonne of ANAD characters that I could reasonably suggest as close possibilities. I think the fact that we're getting Coulson now - instead of, you know, ~2 years ago - suggests Marvel have pulled back a bit to cover stuff outside of the comics. There's a huge likelihood of 4* Iron Fist in the very near future, and the possibility of Jessica Jones and Daredevil for The Defenders. Would not be surprised to see a Tom Holland Spidey and maybe Vulture for Homecoming, and "Gladiator" Hulk for Thor 3. Maybe Yondu and Nebula for Guardians 2. And since we now have both Coulson and Fury, I could definitely see us getting Maria Hill somewhere down the line too.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    more classical/more ANAD, less duplicates!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I guess I am just too "old school" as I would like to see more classic characters. That doesn't mean that I am opposed to ANAD characters, though. My personal list of characters I would like to see:

Emma Frost
    Adam Warlock **
    Beta Ray Bill **
    Banshee
    Enchantress
    Lady Deathstrike
    Fantomex
    Kang
    Kraven
    Vulture
    Valkyrie
    Mr. Sinister
    Morbius (to round out the Midnight Sons!!)
    Nightcrawler
    Omega Red
    Onslaught
    Sabertooth ***
    Shadow King
    Taskmaster
    Archangel

As for duplicates, I am not too fond of them but might like to see:

Maestro
    Spider Man 2099
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hate it when you duplicate so many characters.
    I agree with all his indications, mainly: Adam Warlock and Emma Frost. It would be great to see them in the game.

I would like to see Sabretooth; Omega Red; Namor and Sunspot also in the game.
This discussion has been closed.