Which characters would you like to see added?

Options
kyo28
kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Lately, I've noticed that most of the newer characters are either duplicates of already existing characters (another Black Panther, Luke Cage, Captain America, Iron Man, etc) and most of them are ANAD Marvel characters (such as Riri, Thoress, etc)

As a longtime Marvel fan, there are a ton of classic characters I'm missing and would LOVE to see in the game. So I was wondering, how does the community at large feel about this? Do you want less duplicates or it doesn't bother you? Do you want more ANAD Marvel characters or conversely more classic characters?

If you vote, please feel free to post which characters you would like to see and hopefully, D3 can pick up on this and release the most wanted characters.

Personally, I'd love to see more classic characters and less duplicates of existing ones. My favorite wanted characters are:
Black Knight : think of the cool powers that could come with the curse of his blade!
Adam Warlock : would go great with Thanos that we now have in the game. Imagine two Infinity Gauntlet wielders! icon_e_surprised.gif
Kitty Pride : phasing power would be cool in the game
Apocalypse: need I say more? Imagine him calling upon his horsemen like Captain America or Nick Fury calls upon the Avengers!
BlackHeart: son of Mephisto, think of all the cool stuff you could do with him!
Emma Frost: could be a great addition in her Hellfire club days when she was facing the X-Men
Mocking Bird : could be nice character to team up with Hawkeye
Spider-Woman : classic Julia Carpenter with the black and white costume
Hobgoblin : a bit similar to Green Goblin but perhaps a 4 star.png variant with similar but also different powers?
The Vulture
Mysterio : his powers of illusion could be a very cool gimmick in the game
Wonderman : a mainstay for a long time of the Avengers, how can we miss him?
Quasar
Valkyrie : I LOVE this character. Man, Imagine her in a team with Thor and Loki. That would make a full Asgard Team.

Boss events I'd like to see:
Onslaught
The Beyonder / Secret Wars : the way the original series was written ... and as a final boss we could have the Beyonder himself

Still missing so many on my list but I had to stop somewhere icon_razz.gif

So which characters would you like to see added to the game?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Archangel.

It is a crying shame that the last original xman is not a character.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I woud like to see some classsic avengers like Mockingbird, Mantis, Jocasta, Black Knight. Some british heroes like Union Jack, Captain Britain. Ka-Zar, the Runaways and many more.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More classic characters, duplicates are fine

Not apposed to ANAD but I'd like to see the classics get filled in first.
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Heroes:
    White Tiger
    A-Bomb
    Superior Spider-Man
    Phil Coulson
    Fitz-Simmons

Villains:
    Red Skull
    Leader
    Kraven
    Hive

Mega -Villains
    The Collector
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More classic characters. I would not mind say, a third Cyclops variation but if it ends up being a queer\mexican\vegan\ambientalist\feminist version of the character then I would rather have any classic character of your choice.
  • pmoney82
    pmoney82 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fantomex from Uncanny X-Force
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Uatu ("The Watcher") ...

where you can select him, and randomly watch two PvP teams battle ... or watch people attempt to defeat PvE bosses like Ultron/Galactus/Thanos/ IM46 vs. Cap
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Game still needs more villians!

Aside from the ones already mentioned, where's Modok? Kang? Ronan? Nebula? Korath? Super-skrull? Dormammu? Surtur? The Mandarin? Zemo? Arnim Zola? Sabretooth? Abomination? Annihilus? Mr. Sinister? Baron von Strucker? Madame Viper? The Enchantress? The Executioner? Sebastian Shaw? Graviton? Crossbones? Taskmaster? Grim Reaper? Purple Man? Lady Deathstrike? Sandman? The Rhino? Electro? Omega Red? Terrax?

They could release all villains for the next year and they'd still be out-numbered!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately they will lean towards ANAD characters as they are the ones that Marvel currently wants to cross-promote. But I would love to see more classic characters. I don't mind duplicates if the character deserves them, if they represent actual differences, and if it's across different star-levels (the deeper you get into 4* territory, the less you use your 3* roster unless they are required or boosted, etc.)

I'd really like to see the game add a variety of in-match bonuses for team affiliations, and this would require complete teams. As of now, Uncanny X-Force only has Wolverine and Deadpool. I'd love to have a 4* Psylocke, Fantomex, Archangel, and AoA Nightcrawler to complete this team. Shoot, Deathlok too, although I can't recall if he ever actually suited up.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And to echo above, we definitely need more villains. Spider-Man's rogues gallery has plenty of heavy-hitters alone. I'd like to see a functional 4* classic Doc Ock, Sandman, Hobgoblin or 4* Harry Osborn Green Goblin, Electro, Vulture, Lizard, Morbius, Rhino, Kraven, etc.

And how do we not have Black Cat! She's not quite a villain, but she's certainly an adversary of Spider-Man's at times. Her ability to manipulate probability / give her enemies "bad luck" could be an exceedingly fun power.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ChuckFan wrote:
    Game still needs more villians!

Aside from the ones already mentioned, where's Modok? Kang? Ronan? Nebula? Korath? Super-skrull? Dormammu? Surtur? The Mandarin? Zemo? Arnim Zola? Sabretooth? Abomination? Annihilus? Mr. Sinister? Baron von Strucker? Madame Viper? The Enchantress? The Executioner? Sebastian Shaw? Graviton? Crossbones? Taskmaster? Grim Reaper? Purple Man? Lady Deathstrike? Sandman? The Rhino? Electro? Omega Red? Terrax?

They could release all villains for the next year and they'd still be out-numbered!

How cool would it be to have super-skrull and having a moonblade sort of passive that at the start of the match you would randomly get 1 or more of any of the FF powers??

Aside from that...

Honestly, I do not care if it is classic, anad, variation, or completely original character. The only questions I like asking are:
    Is it useful? Is it playable? How synergistic is it?

For example...
    Mordo (new character) is meh for the moment because I haven't figured out in which team he belongs to.
    Riri (variation) didn't really seem all that and it feels like the general consensus is that she is bad
    Carol (variation) two words. She rocks!
  • Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A villan for Deadpool would be great...

Typhoid Mary!

The **** and giggles would be huge... icon_lol.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kyo28 wrote:
    Apocalypse: need I say more? Imagine him calling upon his horsemen like Captain America or Nick Fury calls upon the Avengers!
    The Vulture
    Mysterio : his powers of illusion could be a very cool gimmick in the game

Apocalypse could be cool, but whilst I don't agree with it, I can see why Marvel doesn't want to promote the non-MCU films.

According to movie sources, Vulture might be in the new Spidey movie, so there's a chance he or other Spidey characters are coming to MPQ. Personally I'd love to see some more classic characters, like Black Cat and Mysterio.

A bit mystified why Jessica Jones or Purple Man doesn't exist in the game, especially since they launched a new Luke Cage when his series came to Netflix... maybe a new Iron Fist is coming in time for his small screen debut?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclops (All New X-Men)
    X-23 (Original or X-Force)
    Jean Grey (Classic, as in same time frame as Cyclops Classic)
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Baron Mordo (The Classic Comic Version, would likely be more like Strange)
    Hercules (if you can get him away from the open bar)
    Thor (Unworthy or Beta Ray Bill)
    Adam Warlock (would be a perfect 5 Star and should have been released with Thanos)
    also they should make Gorgon playable and return Yelena and Bag Man to the token pool
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Villains, we need villains:

Apocalypse, The Vulture, Red Skull, M.O.D.O.K., Ronan, Dormammu, Mandarin, Zemo, Zola, Sabretooth, Abomination, Taskmaster, Sandman, Rhino.........

There are enough villains in Marvel universe....

And then I would like to see Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Emma Frost, Captain Britain and Beta Ray Bill
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I want to see alternatives for Iron Man and Venom. Also maybe a new event starring the Dark Avengers, with special sidekicks Juggenaut and the Muscles.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Uatu ("The Watcher") ...

where you can select him, and randomly watch two PvP teams battle ... or watch people attempt to defeat PvE bosses like Ultron/Galactus/Thanos/ IM46 vs. Cap

Here's one of his powers.

Purple: Sworn Never to Interfere (passive). Every turn, The Watcher gives a long speech about how he's not allowed to interfere, only to watch, then gives you 5 AP in your strongest color but only this once, just an exception, because needs are really dire, you know. Please don't tell the other Watchers, I just really love watching my stories.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sabretooth
    Lady Deathstrike
    Omega Red
    Red Skull
    Arnim Zola
    Adam Warlock
    Namor
    Black Cat
    Iron Monger
    Whiplash
    Mandarin
    Red Skull
    Killgrave
    Misty Knight
    Sandman
    Vulture
    Electro
    Scorpion
    Rhino
    Shocker
    Lash
    Yellowjacket
    Ronan
    Yondu
    Mister Sinister
    Mysterio
    Jessica Jones
    Cable
    Kitty Pryde
    Bishop
    Nightcrawler
    Gambit

Variants:
    God Doom
    Maker Reed Richards

Bosses:
    Onslaught
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until they add Gambit and Rogue, the 90's X-Men series fanboy in me will always have a small hole in his heart...

Haha. But realistically, how are more of Spidey's rogues not in this game?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock wrote:
    Until they add Gambit and Rogue, the 90's X-Men series fanboy in me will always have a small hole in his heart...

Haha. But realistically, how are more of Spidey's rogues not in this game?

They definitely need Gambit and Rogue. With charged tiles being a thing, that's perfect for Gambit.

I also want to see 5* God Doom.
This discussion has been closed.