Events this week pushed back one day 4/8/14

Options

Comments

• i actually liked a day between events like we just had. gives a day to rest and not feel like you have to keep playing right away. i'd enjoy it if they did this after every big week long pve, a day of nothing new starting
  • Just got a content push to my phone. I assume that's the fix Ice was talking about.

Make sure everyone takes that short download time into account when planning for the end of the Hollow Point tourney (I've had times where those pushes are crawling at 1% every 10 seconds or so b/c 3G in my office is spotty at best).
  • Oletheos wrote:
    i actually liked a day between events like we just had. gives a day to rest and not feel like you have to keep playing right away. i'd enjoy it if they did this after every big week long pve, a day of nothing new starting

+1
  • kensterr wrote:
    Nope - event is pushed back by one day to allow devs to insert more 5000 ISO progression rewards
    That are impossible to reach
  • Apparently the delay was to make the Courageous tokens ****. Because that couldn't wait.
  • Anyone have any issues after the hollow point ended? I know this isn't the thread but it's still wierd I got booted from the alliance as soon as hollow point ended.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Does this mean we'll have no events available after the Widow event ends? Time to start some riots!
    It ends at 12, the Lightning Rounds and Hotshot should start at 12. So maybe a minute or two of rioting? Possibly?

With Rags rewards and apparently nerfed courageous tokens, let the rioting continue! icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Skrizza wrote:
    Anyone have any issues after the hollow point ended? I know this isn't the thread but it's still wierd I got booted from the alliance as soon as hollow point ended.
    Are you sure you weren't in one of the charity alliances? (Chaos League, Misfit Rightin, probably some others).
  • Lol yeah I'm sure. My buddy and I started it. He used the ISO to make it. He even had an issue that booted him but when you searched the name he was still in it. Oh well I'm just gonna wait and see if it fixes itself.
  • Skrizza wrote:
    Oh well I'm just gonna wait and see if it fixes itself.

Doesn't sound like a good idea. You should write to support. At least that way you're waiting on something that should actually happen.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Apparently the delay was to make the Courageous tokens ****. Because that couldn't wait.
    It was actually because several tiers weren't getting the rewards they should have gotten when we did our final sanity check of testing. Turned out to be a back end change to support some future items that messed with the translation of given rewards that we had to roll back. The token change... That's an entirely different thing, as you can see by the steadily growing thread.
  • Yo ice

The Pve update in game doesn't mention if a new hero is being released like it usually does. Any chance of a heads up on who we might be competing for in heroic venom?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Apparently the delay was to make the Courageous tokens ****. Because that couldn't wait.
    It was actually because several tiers weren't getting the rewards they should have gotten when we did our final sanity check of testing. Turned out to be a back end change to support some future items that messed with the translation of given rewards that we had to roll back. The token change... That's an entirely different thing, as you can see by the steadily growing thread.
    Ok. Perhaps this change made me cranky. I think perhaps if things like this are discussed in advance and/or announced, with the reasoning, perhaps people would be less cranky. I was really looking forward to the LRs, and now I haven't even bothered because the rewards suck now. As someone transitioning from 2* to 3*, this really is going to hurt my chances, badly.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Yo ice

The Pve update in game doesn't mention if a new hero is being released like it usually does. Any chance of a heads up on who we might be competing for in heroic venom?
    Unless someone decides to ninja in a new hero without me looking, you get an Event off from a new one this time around. Current plans are for Captain America (Super Soldier)/Thor (Modern) for the 3* and Hawkeye (Modern)/Storm (Classic) for the 2*.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Yo ice

Unless someone decides to ninja in a new hero without me looking, you get an Event off from a new one this time around. Current plans are for Captain America (Super Soldier)/Thor (Modern) for the 3* and Hawkeye (Modern)/Storm (Classic) for the 2*.

Any news on the roster being allowed? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Yo ice

Thanks ice!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    THEORY -- The delay was actually caused by Lakestone being identified as a HYDRA agent.

Just speculation.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Turned out to be a back end change to support some future items that messed with the translation of given rewards that we had to roll back.

I'm reading this as "Someone magnetically translocated some rewards so we finally decided to fix the bug with his purple power."

Not entirely sure why that makes me feel better but it does.
  • IceIX
    Options
    THEORY -- The delay was actually caused by Lakestone being identified as a HYDRA agent.

Just speculation.
    Well, I do know he's not in the office today. They say he's off at PAX East. They say...
  • IceIX
    Options
    Any news on the roster being allowed? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Posted in the Event thread.