Events this week pushed back one day 4/8/14

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Due to an unanticipated back-end (non player facing) issue with the reward structures for this week's Events, we have pushed back the start and end dates of all Events to be running this week.

These include:
    Heroic Lightning Rounds Human Torch "Hotshot" Tournament Heroic Chapter 3

Comments

• Good to know. Is there any reason you don't include starting times?

(It would help me schedule my poops more efficiently).
  • IceIX
    Options
    Good to know. Is there any reason you don't include starting times?

(It would help me schedule my poops more efficiently).
    *Usually* things start at either 12PM EST (or EDT depending on that wacky daylight savings stuff) or 12 AM EST depending on ending times of surrounding events so that we can roll from one to another. We don't publish exact times though because they can be slightly off depending on if something pops up last minute.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Due to an unanticipated back-end (non player facing) issue with the reward structures for this week's Events,

*IceIX stands up at the d3p meeting*

"In light of player feedback from our recent PvE event, I suggest we rollback our code to eliminate the "Lightning Round progression rewards begin at 1500 tournament points" change. We anticipate a small content delay as a result."
  • Good I have lots to study...
  • IceIX
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    "In light of player feedback from our recent PvE event, I suggest we rollback our code to eliminate the "Lightning Round progression rewards begin at 1500 tournament points" change. We anticipate a small content delay as a result."
    ::Goes to look for listening devices in the conference room::
  • IceIX wrote:
    *Usually* things start at either 12PM EST (or EDT depending on that wacky daylight savings stuff) or 12 AM EST depending on ending times of surrounding events so that we can roll from one to another. We don't publish exact times though because they can be slightly off depending on if something pops up last minute.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. icon_cool.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We don't publish exact times though because they can be slightly off depending on if something pops up last minute.

Poops up?
  • Does this mean we'll have no events available after the Widow event ends? Time to start some riots!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Does this mean we'll have no events available after the Widow event ends? Time to start some riots!
    It ends at 12, the Lightning Rounds and Hotshot should start at 12. So maybe a minute or two of rioting? Possibly?
  • I can see this in a DirectTV commericial fashion. It'll show a guy looking at the Event tab that has nothing on it, and that'll lead to some kind of international incident at the end. Don't delay events this week by one day!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I can see this in a DirectTV commericial fashion. It'll show a guy looking at the Event tab that has nothing on it, and that'll lead to some kind of international incident at the end. Don't delay events this week by one day!
    I was thinking more Two Minutes Hate, but this works too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    When your mpq game doesn't have any events going on you get antsy.

When you get antsy you want to relax.

When you want to relax you go and spend exorbitant amounts on a hot tub.

When you spend exorbitant amounts on a hot tub you have no money left to spend on that stark salary that is on sale.

When you have no money left to spend on a stark salary you lose every single fight in your pvp event that is now available because you don't have enough covers.

Don't get antsy when there are no events going on. Subscribe to the forum to be informed on all the latest about events.

(All said in a low announcers voice)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on the recent Movie and TV Show, it's a hard week to keep schedules for SHIELD. I blame HYDRA.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Based on the recent Movie and TV Show, it's a hard week to keep schedules for SHIELD. I blame HYDRA.

I just finished watching the latest episode of Agents Of SHIELD! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • Nemek wrote:

I just finished watching the latest episode of Agents Of SHIELD! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

No spoilers!! Checked my feeds not up for me yet. Maybe ill have it when I get home from work tomorrow. I likes last weeks episode a lot.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hail HYDRA!
  • They pushed it back a day because the pve event is actually going to be 15 days long with 72 nodes that refresh every 90 minutes. They thought you would need an extra day to prepare icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Madjam wrote:
    They pushed it back a day because the pve event is actually going to be 15 days long with 72 nodes that refresh every 90 minutes. They thought you would need an extra day to prepare icon_e_biggrin.gif

Aw man, I have to wait two whole weeks to start the event? There IS a downside to rubberbanding!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope - event is pushed back by one day to allow devs to insert more 5000 ISO progression rewards
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Does this mean we'll have no events available after the Widow event ends? Time to start some riots!
    It ends at 12, the Lightning Rounds and Hotshot should start at 12. So maybe a minute or two of rioting? Possibly?

It's more than we need icon_e_wink.gif