PvP Matchmaking Poll

2»

Comments

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir wrote:
    It makes me sick knowing that I have to play the same game as some people here, who only care about their personal gains.

Is climbing easy? Sure.
    Is it fair? Nope.

Crushing inferior rosters should never be the main idea of PvP, but hey I'm the crazy guy who would like to see fair challenge for all the players.

If you don't like easy matches, then you should stop playing the easy nodes in Pve. Only hit the ones that are scaled up to the top guys in your roster. I'm not saying that we should only get to hit 2* rosters. I'm saying that we should be able to q anyone regardless of what "class" they're in if they are in the same point range as us.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:
    It makes me sick knowing that I have to play the same game as some people here, who only care about their personal gains.

Is climbing easy? Sure.
    Is it fair? Nope.

Crushing inferior rosters should never be the main idea of PvP, but hey I'm the crazy guy who would like to see fair challenge for all the players.

If you don't like easy matches, then you should stop playing the easy nodes in Pve. Only hit the ones that are scaled up to the top guys in your roster. I'm not saying that we should only get to hit 2* rosters. I'm saying that we should be able to q anyone regardless of what "class" they're in if they are in the same point range as us.

It's simply astonishing that you would compare hitting AI in PvE to hitting another player, that is losing points after your attack. Disgusting.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir wrote:

It's simply astonishing that you would compare hitting AI in PvE to hitting another player, that is losing points after your attack. Disgusting.

Isn't that the whole point of pvp? Someone is losing point unless you only hit people once they're shielded, which imho sucks the life out of the game. Like I said, it's not about picking on lower rosters, just give me a freaking match that's worth points regardless of what their roster looks like. In the end, to each his own I guess.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Alsmir wrote:

Isn't that the whole point of pvp? Someone is losing point unless you only hit people once they're shielded, which imho sucks the life out of the game. Like I said, it's not about picking on lower rosters, just give me a freaking match that's worth points regardless of what their roster looks like. In the end, to each his own I guess.

I play some other games aswell and balanced (a.k.a. on- tinykitty) PvP means figting guys that have a fair chance of fighting back. Here that would mean 2* rosters fighting each other . In this case, best out of 1* players would get top placements (and rewards) in their bracket, 2* in theirs, etc. Here we have 5* smashing everyone else and finally fighting other 5* players for some 4* and 3* rewards that they don't even need. That system is fundamentally flawed, and as long as whales are happy to smash helpeless opponents, nothing is going to change.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you've got a bunch of champed 4/5 star.png and a whole lot of time on your hands, this was horrible.

In fact if they do this MMR a minimum amount of points is required.

luckily I know that it's based on the two deadpool situation so it won't be common.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 20 something 4* champs and no 5*s above 270. I play across slices 2-5 as suits my schedule. My personal experience has, surpsingly, not varied much from slice to slice since the end of baking. This is how i would describe my typical in-season pvp experience.

I can almost always climb to 800 with no hits on 45-70 point matches. Above 800 i generally have to use 30-45 point matches, and might get hit a couple of times if i float too long or have a weak boost list for the week. But i can always hit 900 on 0-1 shield if i want to. If it's a strong weekly boost list for me, then i can usually climb near 1k before first shield.

Once i get close to 1k, however, pvp sucks. I rarely find targets above 30 points, and frequently lose 50-150 if i try for 2-match hops. Even when monitoring BCs, i almost never find steaks. Because of this i never bother with 1200. The experience is just way more hassle than i care to endure.

Pvp Matchmaking was noticeably different.

I had a strong team: xpool (287) + carol (271) + medusa (275) plus boosts. I climbed 0-900 without shielding in getting hit. But i never saw a single target above 45 points. Above 600 i never saw a target worth more than 35 points. I climbed 700-900 on 15-25 point matches. Due a work obligation i shielded after hitting 900. In 3 hours since shielding i have seen just a couple of 27 point targets. Most acailaboe opponents are worth 5-9 points. I can see other players at or above my score unshielded, mostly with a couple of 450s, but can never queue them. It appears that i have broken. Mmr, but am still shielded from opponents with champed 5*s.

It's unfortunate, i loved playing my team of car-xpool-dusa, but the overall pvp experience was even worse than usual. Pvp in general has been a total drag since the end of baking IMO. Less action, lower scoring, less need to communicate and therefore a reduced sense of community. Something needs to change. Be it the return of baking or a more wide-ranging set of scoring/mmr changes. The current system is just less fun than it should be.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Until I hit about 600 I was kind of enjoying it, though I felt really dirty doing it, knowing it was a bug. Felt like I was Usaine Bolt racing against a high school sports team, laughing at them from the finish line and telling them to keep up.

Once I reached about 750 though it became dull. Past 800 and it was tedious as all hell. I reached 853 and somehow got hit for 53 points. I guess I was in someone's queue or something from when I was lower in the ranks. I groaned loudly knowing it would take 3-6 fights to get to where I was before. I slowly crawled up to 899 and prayed to the Gods that I wouldn't get hit again while doing this final 9 point fight. Thankfully I wasn't and got that Red Hulk champ level.

While I did enjoy the plus side of not being hit as I climbed to 900 because I'd quickly moved out of the area the MMR was targetting, I did not enjoy the abysmally slow crawl. Nor did I enjoy the feeling of stoping on newbie teams who had no way to really retalliate against me.

This. Once I hit 900 I kept trying to climb but I became the noob with no chance to retaliate, I spent 30m trying to outperform the incoming attacks by slaughtering the 18-21 point teams that were way weaker than myself but I gave up.

I feel like my point total was predetermined, and I felt terrible about crushing all the lower teams.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have 20 something 4* champs and no 5*s above 270. I play across slices 2-5 as suits my schedule. My personal experience has, surpsingly, not varied much from slice to slice since the end of baking. This is how i would describe my typical in-season pvp experience.

I can almost always climb to 800 with no hits on 45-70 point matches. Above 800 i generally have to use 30-45 point matches, and might get hit a couple of times if i float too long or have a weak boost list for the week. But i can always hit 900 on 0-1 shield if i want to. If it's a strong weekly boost list for me, then i can usually climb near 1k before first shield.

Once i get close to 1k, however, pvp sucks. I rarely find targets above 30 points, and frequently lose 50-150 if i try for 2-match hops. Even when monitoring BCs, i almost never find steaks. Because of this i never bother with 1200. The experience is just way more hassle than i care to endure.

Pvp Matchmaking was noticeably different.

I had a strong team: xpool (287) + carol (271) + medusa (275) plus boosts. I climbed 0-900 without shielding in getting hit. But i never saw a single target above 45 points. Above 600 i never saw a target worth more than 35 points. I climbed 700-900 on 15-25 point matches. Due a work obligation i shielded after hitting 900. In 3 hours since shielding i have seen just a couple of 27 point targets. Most acailaboe opponents are worth 5-9 points. I can see other players at or above my score unshielded, mostly with a couple of 450s, but can never queue them. It appears that i have broken. Mmr, but am still shielded from opponents with champed 5*s.

It's unfortunate, i loved playing my team of car-xpool-dusa, but the overall pvp experience was even worse than usual. Pvp in general has been a total drag since the end of baking IMO. Less action, lower scoring, less need to communicate and therefore a reduced sense of community. Something needs to change. Be it the return of baking or a more wide-ranging set of scoring/mmr changes. The current system is just less fun than it should be.

That's almost exactly where my roster and current Pvp experience is at as well, but 3 of my 5s are in the 320-350 range.

I stopped caring about Pvp after the cupcakes left, now if I need the 4* cover I hit 900 and shield, if I don't care about the cover I hit 575 and float until it ends.

Too bad, this used to be fun! I used to spend way more money too.. It felt like the sky was the limit if I opened my wallet. Now it feels like my progress is SOFT Capped and we all know how people feel about that!!!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    One boosted 4 star for this event. From 825 onwards to 900, I was jumping at the chance to hit anyone for 10 points. I was only able to hit 900 by retaliating.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Trying to climb to 900.

Skipped 50 times.

47 of the teams were worth single digit points.

3 were 10-15 points.

HATE IT!

I just climbed to 575 then 650 for the token.
    I noticed the points for wins were getting smaller and smaller.
    Wanted to climb to 850 to get another token.

I've just downed tools. I can't be bothered.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I have 28 champed 4*s, but no 5*s over level 360. This is the first pvp I have ever made it to 1200 points in, and I have to say the journey from 900 to 1200 was dreadful. I think during that last climb there were two fights that were worth double digits. It was very hard to make sure I did not double tap people when there were close to 50 battles just in the final 900 to 1200 climb.

I would be much happier to accept the 900 to 1000 points that I normally reach in a pvp a have normal MMR. My apologies to all the lower rosters I hit on the way.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    My experience was climb forever with battles worth 10-20 points trying to reach progression. Then when you get close to 1200, get hit for -37 to -69 so you're in early 1100s. Rinse and repeat each time you hop, waste money on shields while late climbers steal your points. But don't allow me to q anyone even next to me in points or roster strength. Nice one MPQ
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Normally I'm able to get 900 pretty easily. I started earlier than usual, and my mmr was pretty much broken after the seed teams. I couldn't find any matches more than 30 pts between 0-600. Then I was lucky to find anything over 15 pts until I got to 800. After 800 I skipped at least 60 matches that were 4 to 6 points each. I shield hopped a couple of times past 850, just didn't have the patience to slog through to 900. Felt a bit guilty beating on the 2-3* rosters, and I couldn't q anyone above me because most were in 5* land. Worst PVP for me in a long time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was fun being able to hit 900 relatively easy. But yeah, points started drying up around 600 and then came to an almost dead stop at 900. I'd then occasionally get hit by someone stronger than me for a large.sum 30-50 points and if I needed to gain anything back it was against weaker teams for 5-15 points.

I don't know if it's better worse than before because usually I can only make it to 800 ish before I start getting hit by multiple better rosters rather than the occasional better roster.