Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    A. Let's not have a flame war.
    B. LOVE IT!!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I was a 5 star player I would love it, I'm not so I don't icon_e_biggrin.gif if it carries on then they will struggle to find people to hit because even more people will hold at 575 or give up on pvp.

I'm sure it does what is intended, to stop 4 stars eating grills as a test like when they tested no cakes and said it was just a test, but did it anyway.

Either way works to be honest unless they take away the 575.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    They seem to have tried to solve the problem of the Best Buddies (or whatever it was called) PvP by forcing you to bring Deadpool as a third wheel to every match. It seems to work, and is thematically appropriate for Deadpool to throw himself in the middle of things.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to climb to 900.

Skipped 50 times.

47 of the teams were worth single digit points.

3 were 10-15 points.

HATE IT!
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    People in 4* Land just have no way to get placement to get more 4* covers.

I like it in the sense that I am facing teams that are fairly equal to me; maybe a bit easier. They can retaliate though and beat me. In past every match I see is mostly champion blackbolt and OML or some other 5* and its an instant skip.

Being able to see someone with a slightly better similar roster to me would be nice though as I can beat them and get some points. Instead its just 4-5 pts only for 3 champion 4* teams that are buffed.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Awesome change.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    nigelregal wrote:
    Join a bracket with fewer than 5 players in 5* land, or a lower SCL. Surely as a 4* player you don't feel entitled to placement covers over 5* players, right?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    nigelregal wrote:
    Join a bracket with fewer than 5 players in 5* land, or a lower SCL. Surely as a 4* player you don't feel entitled to placement covers over 5* players, right?
    certainly not the ones who put as much or nearly as much effort as the 4* or transitioner, no. but something is a little off when one 5* champ allows you to see all the big point grills out there and you can breeze up to 2k and shield out for the event. yes I think a 4* roster or a transitioner who spends 6-8-10 shields deserves 5th over a guy who happens to have had covers fall better for him who gets 2k in a couple hours. sporting a 405 or 420 shouldn't preclude you from the concept of competing with someone with a 450. and that's what this mmr did.

so if I'm hearing you right. those last 2 or 3 covers on a 5 entitles you to free placement for a fraction of the work. right? sorry, don't agree with that.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall, I like the change because it makes PVP easier. But, it does make it hard to reach 900. Reaching 575 is easy. Would you rather have lots of easy matches or fewer hard matches?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until I hit about 600 I was kind of enjoying it, though I felt really dirty doing it, knowing it was a bug. Felt like I was Usaine Bolt racing against a high school sports team, laughing at them from the finish line and telling them to keep up.

Once I reached about 750 though it became dull. Past 800 and it was tedious as all hell. I reached 853 and somehow got hit for 53 points. I guess I was in someone's queue or something from when I was lower in the ranks. I groaned loudly knowing it would take 3-6 fights to get to where I was before. I slowly crawled up to 899 and prayed to the Gods that I wouldn't get hit again while doing this final 9 point fight. Thankfully I wasn't and got that Red Hulk champ level.

While I did enjoy the plus side of not being hit as I climbed to 900 because I'd quickly moved out of the area the MMR was targetting, I did not enjoy the abysmally slow crawl. Nor did I enjoy the feeling of stoping on newbie teams who had no way to really retalliate against me.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Until I hit about 600 I was kind of enjoying it, though I felt really dirty doing it, knowing it was a bug. Felt like I was Usaine Bolt racing against a high school sports team, laughing at them from the finish line and telling them to keep up.

Once I reached about 750 though it became dull. Past 800 and it was tedious as all hell. I reached 853 and somehow got hit for 53 points. I guess I was in someone's queue or something from when I was lower in the ranks. I groaned loudly knowing it would take 3-6 fights to get to where I was before. I slowly crawled up to 899 and prayed to the Gods that I wouldn't get hit again while doing this final 9 point fight. Thankfully I wasn't and got that Red Hulk champ level.

While I did enjoy the plus side of not being hit as I climbed to 900 because I'd quickly moved out of the area the MMR was targetting, I did not enjoy the abysmally slow crawl. Nor did I enjoy the feeling of stoping on newbie teams who had no way to really retalliate against me.

Precisely the same reaction I had. Good thing was, I got my 13th Rhulk from reaching 900.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

This sounds almost exactly like my experience. It was really easy under 500. Then I felt bad triple tapping a team with 2 2*'s and a loaner deadpool, because it was the only thing that had points. And climbing up from 700 to 900 has been abysmal. 1200 is out of the question, because at this rate, it would take 50 more matches, and any one of those people I hit could just whale me and make me loose 50 points.

It seems like this change was awesome for people that don't really care about PvP, or only shoot for the midpoint, and a real pain for the people that usually shoot higher.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Highest points I've ever made in a PVP. Love it, wish it would stay that way.

I don't mind at all finding weaker teams worth 20 points, considering I'm hit by stronger teams ALL THE TIME for what must be 20 points for them.

I also don't mind not being found/hit for -75 at the end by monster teams climbing late, considering that has been the bane of PVP since I've been playing.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    It seems like this change was awesome for people that don't really care about PvP, or only shoot for the midpoint, and a real pain for the people that usually shoot higher.

The only thing I would say in response to this is that I think this is one of, if not the very first time I've been able to climb even as high as 900 in pvp. I also think this could be due to all of the recent 4* I've champed.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I felt bad about beating up on 3* teams, but I sure enjoyed not getting attacked very much (only hit twice so far, and only by maxed 5* teams) since the other 4* players also had 3* teams to fight.

PVP would be so much more fun if:

You took no points when you lost
    Everyone fought 2* teams until they hit the 2* progression, then 3* teams until they hit the 3* progression, then 4* teams until they hit the 4* progression, then anything goes.
    The 3* progression was lowered from 800 to maybe 550 points so there was more gap until the 4* reward (or whatever was appropriate for the SCL)

This way everyone could get the progression cover for the stage of the game they were on. If they were in the transition to the next stage they could push further, but it would be challenging. I don't think placements would be much different than they are now. 5* teams would get the 4* covers, 4* teams would get the 3* covers (at least in SCL 8).
  • Ougabooga
    Ougabooga Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I hate this new MMR. I have a 4* roster and I cannot q anyone worth more then 10 points. Everytime I win I take a 20-40 point loss because someone with a 5* roster is destroying my team on top of the other 4* rosters that are q-ing me.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    The climb to 1k was nice but getting hit for 50 when the only points I could q we're single digits wasn't fun. I wish they'd open up the mmr so we can see the 2* teams but also see people that are close to us.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    It makes me sick knowing that I have to play the same game as some people here, who only care about their personal gains.

Is climbing easy? Sure.
    Is it fair? Nope.

Crushing inferior rosters should never be the main idea of PvP, but hey I'm the crazy guy who would like to see fair challenge for all the players.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The climb to 1k was nice but getting hit for 50 when the only points I could q we're single digits wasn't fun. I wish they'd open up the mmr so we can see the 2* teams but also see people that are close to us.

That's been my request for over a year.
    550 players should be able to see me if I'm at a similar point range.
    I should be able to see 3*'s (2*'s, whatever) at a similar point range.
    No-one should see me when I'm at 1000 and they are at 250; nor should I see anyone at 2000.

Eliminates (some) baking. Eliminates horrible point-loss to late climbers. Eliminates some of the sniper play. Eliminates lower teams winning the brackets (putting them in the correct SCL if they want placement).

Sounds like a fun game! Sounds like a very different game....
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    nigelregal wrote:
    certainly not the ones who put as much or nearly as much effort as the 4* or transitioner, no. but something is a little off when one 5* champ allows you to see all the big point grills out there and you can breeze up to 2k and shield out for the event. yes I think a 4* roster or a transitioner who spends 6-8-10 shields deserves 5th over a guy who happens to have had covers fall better for him who gets 2k in a couple hours. sporting a 405 or 420 shouldn't preclude you from the concept of competing with someone with a 450. and that's what this mmr did.

so if I'm hearing you right. those last 2 or 3 covers on a 5 entitles you to free placement for a fraction of the work. right? sorry, don't agree with that.
    Sorry, but that's ****. We've got guys in our alliance that are mostly F2P that have **** draw rates, but still managed to get their 5s through dedicated play over a very long period of time and you are damn right they should have an easier time at placement than the soft capper that won't level his max covered 5s so that he can exploit PvE scaling and then **** about how unfair the game is to his 4* roster.

Also, hardly anyone is "breezing up to 2k." icon_rolleyes.gif And if they are, they are doing it off the backs of guys hitting 3k and still not getting T5 even at 2k.