PVE: The Gauntlet - (2017-02-16) to (2017-02-23)

Options
2»

Comments

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've just finished alpine tactics but the points don't add up to the amount needed for the blade cover. I've beat all the nodes once but I'm on 3344 points. Anybody had this problem? I've checked all the nodes again but none of them are worth any points now
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Email cs, since it is obviously an error if you hit all the nodes once.
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Any advice from the experts on beating these last sub essentials? Remaining nodes before getting 4* Luke Cage.

- Bullseye - Black Panther/Devil Dino/3* Hulk ( all lvl 258)
    - Quake - Patch/Phoenix/4* Cyclops (all lvl 275)

Roster is updated. I'm on 3* land so these are my strongest (and buffed) characters available:
    LThor (267), Blade (258), Hood (258), Squirrel Girl (252), Punisher (252) and Bullseye (238)

I have a extremely undercovered Quake at 175 with 2 green, so don't think I'll be able to beat it.
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used to hate the gauntlet, now I love it.

Is it hard? yes it is, it was frustrating when I started playing MPQ, I finished it but is still a challenge, I had to whale the quake node.

Absolutely loved being able to play at my own pace, no pressure, just enjoy, I would love to see more of this on other events, please developers, community, show your ideas. Everyday I'm feeling more and more anguish by having to play on your schedule.

The rewards, they can always be better, but I'm not complaining.

Cheers MPQ, my desire to quit has gone (until my next match against Medusa)
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bk201 wrote:
    Any advice from the experts on beating these last sub essentials? Remaining nodes before getting 4* Luke Cage.

Roster is updated. I'm on 3* land so these are my strongest (and buffed) characters available:
    LThor (267), Blade (258), Hood (258), Squirrel Girl (252), Punisher (252) and Bullseye (238)

I have a extremely undercovered Quake at 175 with 2 green, so don't think I'll be able to beat it.

3* Thor + Hood, plus some luck and maybe AP boosts, should be enough to do it. Don't give up!
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've just tried my 15th attempt at the Peggy/Medusa/Gwenpool node. I can't do it. I've tried using combinations of IM40, SWitch, Peggy, Quake, XFDP, Winfinite, Blade, Strange, Thor, Daken, Patch, XFWolverine, OML. If anyone has any further advice, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this is the end of the road for this event for me.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/BluSpiritSeeker/
  • bk201
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    bk201 wrote:

3* Thor + Hood, plus some luck and maybe AP boosts, should be enough to do it. Don't give up!

Did both nodes! Thanks for your help!
    Had to whale the Quake node like guzktgui did. For Bullseye node, after a few unsuccessful attempts with Thor + Hood, tested my luck with IF + LC, did it but almost failed, only LC survived.
  • bk201
    Options
    I've just tried my 15th attempt at the Peggy/Medusa/Gwenpool node. I can't do it. I've tried using combinations of IM40, SWitch, Peggy, Quake, XFDP, Winfinite, Blade, Strange, Thor, Daken, Patch, XFWolverine, OML. If anyone has any further advice, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this is the end of the road for this event for me.

For this node, I used 3* Thor + Hood + Bullseye. I don't have usable 4* like you, can only recommend 3* for now. First I took down Peggy, then Medusa and by the end GwenPool didn't fired a single power. Used Bullseye on the tiles created by Medusa and I tried to force his passive when finishing Peggy. Hood helps a lot slowing them down.

Did you tried to whale them, IM40 + KK + Steve, IF + LC + SWitch, tanks like Hulk, Captain Marvel and Rocket & Groot?
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options

Won on the first attempt. Used xfwolverine, xfdp and im40. Boosted +2 all, +2 r/y and +2g/b. Targeted Peggy first. The AI worked so well that I think they cheated. They even had scarlet witch coming from nowhere to stun xfdp. My wolv and im40 down real early while 3 of the girls still barely scratched. However I kept my cool and able to down Peggy, medusa and Gwenpool in order. Thanks to xfdp red that deals huge dmg and heals a lot. Those girls are real evil.
    I really think AI have some mechanism programmed to counter im40 yellow cd. No matter how carefully I play, at least one of them will get destroyed or matched
  • TroubledSoul7
    Options
    Hi all, I finished the global domination stage, why didn't the points sum to the final reward? Am I missing something? I did not complete the previous 2 stages though. Thanks!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi all, I finished the global domination stage, why didn't the points sum to the final reward? Am I missing something? I did not complete the previous 2 stages though. Thanks!
    Did you do the two side branches (the optional nodes with a required character) as well? Every node must be cleared at least once to get full progression in this event.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know you've come a long way when, on Day 1156 and with 11 4* champs, you complete the Gauntlet for the FIRST. TIME. EVER.

Luke Cage now at 4/1/1 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    I definitely want Agent Venom covers after playing node 31.

Him, medusa, and moon knight are now high on my "want to get covered quickly" list. Too bad all 3 are sitting at a measly 6 covers.

Anybody has a tip on how to beat this node? My only team that even got close to beating it (Hulk,CStorm, KK) always gets defeated because Moonknight one-shots KK (5 times in a row!) and then Venom's Alien Weakness feeds into Gwen stunlocking me.
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You know you've come a long way when, on Day 1156 and with 11 4* champs, you complete the Gauntlet for the FIRST. TIME. EVER.

Yes! I know the feeling. I completed the gauntlet for the first time on day 1177. I don't even care that the rewards weren't that great - the sense of achievement was wonderful.

Now, to get those green ticks...
  • jezyk88
    Options

Yes! I know the feeling. I completed the gauntlet for the first time on day 1177. I don't even care that the rewards weren't that great - the sense of achievement was wonderful.

Now, to get those green ticks...

Me too, I completed the gauntlet for first time on day 840. It was a long way but I finally did it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I beat 34 with IM40, KK, and 3* Cap on about the 3rd or 4th try. I have a weaker roster than yours (17 champed 3*s, no useable 4*s, no 5*s) but suspect your node 34 was much more difficult than mine due to scaling (I've sold all the 5* covers I've gotten so far to avoid scaling). My opps on 34 were only level 238. I may have used a team-up from my alliance, but don't remember.

Also, for those who haven't finished yet, you might consider doing the side/required nodes last and doing the main line first. My understanding is that every time you complete a node, the level of opps on all unopened nodes goes up, so if you save the side nodes (which have lower scaling to begin with) for last, the main nodes won't be as hard (something I didn't discover until I'd already done the side nodes on Wilderness).

This was my first Gauntlet (day 97) and I was able to beat it - though I used the one whales I had on the Quake node (my Quake only has one cover, so I didn't really bother trying to beat it legit). I didn't like the fact that there were no other PvEs running concurrently and the resulting lack of ISO/CP/HP but I have to admit that I might not have finished (at least not so early) if there had been (since I wouldn't have had as many health packs).
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    34 was my worst node also. I finally managed to beat it using SWitch, DD and The Hood. Hood slowed them down a bit until I could get the DD and SWitch stuns going. Ambush and Pistols finished the job.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alfje17 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Him, medusa, and moon knight are now high on my "want to get covered quickly" list. Too bad all 3 are sitting at a measly 6 covers.

Anybody has a tip on how to beat this node? My only team that even got close to beating it (Hulk,CStorm, KK) always gets defeated because Moonknight one-shots KK (5 times in a row!) and then Venom's Alien Weakness feeds into Gwen stunlocking me.

I don't know how your scaling is, but KK, IM40, and 3* Cap worked great for me. Might take multiple attempts if you get a bad board that doesn't let you get 6 yellow quickly.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing wrote:
    Alfje17 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

I don't know how your scaling is, but KK, IM40, and 3* Cap worked great for me. Might take multiple attempts if you get a bad board that doesn't let you get 6 yellow quickly.

Thanks! Beat them straight away with this team icon_e_biggrin.gif