PVE: The Gauntlet - (2017-02-16) to (2017-02-23)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,322 Chairperson of the Boards
PVE: The Gauntlet (2017-02-16) to (2017-02-23)

Event Info:
The Gauntlet
Length of Event: Varies
Unique Reward(s): High ISO Reward (last node of each map)
Other Notes:
  • There are 3 maps in the event. Beating the last non-essential node on each map opens up the next map.
  • There are only individual progression rewards; no placement awards (individual or alliance).
  • **Update: One run of the event implemented individual placement awards for fastest completion time in addition to the progression awards. The top 10 players in brackets of 10000 got an event token 10-pack; the rest of the bracket received a Standard token. There were no alliance placement awards.
  • Points are awarded once per node. Nodes are repeatable but only to collect the additional ISO/token/boost awards.
  • Points are fixed; there is no rubberbanding in this event. Scaling is set at the start of the event based on your roster strength. Some individual scaling does still seem to exist as enemy levels have increased during the event for some players.
Link to mags1587 PVE Format Guide

This Event Essentials:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_quake.png Daisy Johnson
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png Classic
star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png Astonishing X-Men

New Characters:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngmordo_icon.PNG Master of the Mystic Arts

This Week:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_venom.png Agent Venom
icon_nickfury.png Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
icon_deadpool.png Uncanny X-Force
icon_ghostrider.png Johnny Blaze
icon_peggycarter.png Peggy Carter Captain America

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blade.png Daywalker
icon_squirrelgirl.png Unbeatable
icon_thor.png Modern
icon_punisher.png Dark Reign
icon_hood.png Classic

star.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png Johnny Storm
icon_ares.png Dark Avengers

star.png
icon_ironman.png Model 35
icon_storm.png Modern

Stage 1: Wilderness Survival:
35: 100 iso8big.png
123: healthpackbig.png
235: token_standard.png
371: +3 Stockpile redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
597: 100 iso8big.png
196: Rainbow Damage Boost
968: 200 iso8big.png
1164: token_standard.png
1423: star.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
1858: token_event.png

Stage 2: Alpine Tactics:
35: 250 iso8big.png
123: token_standard.png
235: 250 iso8big.png
371: star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.pngredflag.png
597: 500 iso8big.png
196: token_event.png
968: 500 iso8big.png
1164: 50 heropointsbig.png
1423: 500 iso8big.png
1858: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.pnggreenflag.png

Global Domination:
35: 100 iso8big.png
123: star.pngstar.pngicon_ares.pngredflag.png
235: 250 iso8big.png
371: token_event.png
597: 1000 iso8big.png
196: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png
968: 1000 iso8big.png
1164: 50 heropointsbig.png
1423: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.png
1858: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png

Previous Runs:
2016-09-11 - The Gauntlet
2016-05-08 - The Gauntlet
2016-02-04 - The Gauntlet
2015-11-19 - The Gauntlet
2015-09-07 - The Gauntlet
2015-05-28 - The Gauntlet
2015-03-22 - The Gauntlet
2015-02-07 - The Gauntlet
2014-12-10 - The Gauntlet
2014-10-30 - The Gauntlet
2014-09-20 - The Gauntlet

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grrr, the one event I was looking forward to so I could grab another quake through progression... Of course they go with gauntlet.

Also, they badly need to update the prize progression. I'm not slogging through 90 matches of scaled nodes to get a few 3* and 1 4*.

Hard pass.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, because of a combination of Peggy/Xpool/Quake being boosted (and champed for my roster), the no character restrictions change, and the fact that I’m a terrible employee who shouldn’t be left with his mobile phone at his desk, this was the quickest I’ve ever cleared a Gauntlet to get the top 4* reward.

So since I’ve now got some free time, here’s the new match ups with the newer characters mixed for that last sub:

UPDATED w/2nd sub now, there were changes there too.

Alpine Tactics

Sim 15 – Empiricist/Subject/Criterion
    Sim 16 – Squirrel Girl/Black Panther/Patch
    Sim 17 – 3* Torch/Beast/IM40
    Sim 18 – Beast/Doctor Doom/3* Cap Marvel
    Sim 19 – Rocket&Groot/Scarlet Witch/3* Thor
    Sim 20 – Gamora/Rags/3* Hulk
    Sim 21 – Psylocke/IM40/Rocket & Groot
    Sim 22 – Riri Ironheart/Kingpin/Nova
    Sim 23 - 3*Thor/Mystique/Kamala
    Sim 24 – 1* Hawkeye/IW/Quicksilver
    Sim 25 - Juggs/3* Thor/1* BW
    Sim 26 – 3* Cap/2* Cap Marvel/Doctor Doom
    Sim 27 – 4* Cage/Spider-Woman/Iron Fist
    Sim 28 – IM40/5* Black Panther/3* Thanos

Squirrel Girl Essential 1 – Gorgon/Rocket & Groot/3* Punisher
    Squirrel Girl Essential 2 – Scarlet Witch/Drax/3* Hulk
    Squirrel Girl Essential 3 – 3* GSBW/5* Iron Man/Black Panther (beware Civil War ally bonus!)

3* Bullseye Essential 1 – 3* Deadpool/2*Storm/Scarlet Witch
    3* Bullseye Essential 2 – 3* Human Torch/3* Spider-Man/She-Hulk
    3* Bullseye Essential 3 -3* Falcon/5* Cap America/Scarlet Witch (beware Civil War ally bonus!)

Global Domination

Sim 29 - 3* Deadpool/Loki/Hood
    Sim 30 - Scarlet Witch/Iceman/3* Storm
    Sim 31 – Agent Venom/Moon Knight/Spider-Gwen
    Sim 32 – Loki/Ultron/3* Mags
    Sim 33 – 3* Punisher/3* Mags/ 3* Blade
    Sim 34 – Medusa/Peggy/Gwenpool
    Sim 35 – Kate Bishop/3* Cyclops/Iceman
    Sim 36 – 4* Cap. Marvel/3* Punisher/War Machine
    Sim 37 - 3* Thor/Spider-Gwen/3* Hulk
    Sim 38 – Gorgon/Antman/3* Storm
    Sim 39 – Rocket & Groot/4* Cyclops/3* Punisher
    Sim 40 – 4* Blade/4* Xpool/Antman
    Sim 41 – Mordo/4* Cyclops/4* Thor
    Sim 42 – Hood/5* Thanos/3*Cap Marvel

The essential were basically the same as before:

Blade Essential 1 - Antman/Carnage/FalCap
    Blade Essential 2 - Blade/Iron Fist/3* Cage
    Blade Essential 3 - Loki /4* Punisher/Iron fist NEW TEAM

3* Bullseye Essential 1– Black Panther/Devil Dino/3* Hulk
    3* Bullseye Essential 2 – Miles/Howard/IW
    Quake Essential - Patch/Phoenix/4* Cyclops

Honestly I think removing the character restrictions will make this a lot easier for most players more than anything else.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Green Check Mark Club. Who's with me?

(Half way there so far, working backward from difficult to easy. So more than half way, really.)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

(Half way there so far, working backward from difficult to easy. So more than half way, really.)

Yep, I've already started from the other end. What else am I going to do this weekend, try for that Riri cover in SHIELD Sim? icon_e_wink.gif
  • thanos8587
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

hell no, i wont go icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

count me in the one and done club.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

I am! I´m already through with Wilderness Survival & Alpine Tactics and nearly half way through with Global Domination. Since I have no health pack left at the moment (thanks to Carnage & Iron Fist nodes), I´ll finish the rest tomorrow.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was just happy to finish this event in a day. OML/4*Deadpool/Quake rolled through it, with subbing in Deadpool or Quake on the required character nodes based on opponent.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    stowaway wrote:

I am! I´m already through with Wilderness Survival & Alpine Tactics and nearly half way through with Global Domination. Since I have no health pack left at the moment (thanks to Carnage & Iron Fist nodes), I´ll finish the rest tomorrow.
    And I'm done! Quake, Peggy and IM40 were rocking the whole event for me. icon_cool.gif
  • Ratbagger
    Options
    Any advice on beating Gwenpool, Medusa and Fat Cpt America? I've tried 10 times and can't do it. I don't have the luxury of many high level 4 stars other than baldy x and nick. All my 3 stars are Champs.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

Doubt I will do it all even with the xp from clearing them, but have at least cleared one sub to green already.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have nothing better to do with my time anyway, so I may as well grind some green checkmarks today...
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can never remember where to ask this question... Brigby please move if wrong spot

Myself and a couple of alliance members are struggling with Sim 34.. any tips out there??

Strike this - lol - thought I'd try IF, KK & BP (3*) smashed it!! Only took minimal damage... I'm thinking lucky board cascade with 3 criticals in first move wiped out Medusa
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's really weird. In the previous runs of the gauntlet, I used to have little problems until at least somewhere in the 3rd sub. But this time I've had multiple losses already, and I'm only halfway sub 2. Did the scaling change, or is it due to my own progressing roster? Since last time they ran the gauntlet, I have my first 2 4* champs (XFW+IW), and some 5*s at level 280. But aside from 3 5* level 280s, my top spots for this event are still boosted 3*s in the level 276-282 range.

Currently wiped 3 times already on node (3Thor, 1BW, Juggs!) with varying teams. Might just have to bring some boring default team to win it (SW/LC/IF or something).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    It's really weird. In the previous runs of the gauntlet, I used to have little problems until at least somewhere in the 3rd sub. But this time I've had multiple losses already, and I'm only halfway sub 2. Did the scaling change, or is it due to my own progressing roster? Since last time they ran the gauntlet, I have my first 2 4* champs (XFW+IW), and some 5*s at level 280. But aside from 3 5* level 280s, my top spots for this event are still boosted 3*s in the level 276-282 range.

Currently wiped 3 times already on node (3Thor, 1BW, Juggs!) with varying teams. Might just have to bring some boring default team to win it (SW/LC/IF or something).

There were only a few nodes that gave me trouble this time...I just finished beating the entire gauntlet for the first time ever!

The Medusa/Peggy Carter/Gwenpool (Sim 34) node just destroyed every team I put up against it until I got a blue filled board while using Nick Fury, Ghost Rider and Hood. Even a LVL 314 Peggy Carter is no match for a LVL 366 Demolition from Nick Fury. icon_e_smile.gif After she went down, it got somewhat easier. I did notice that Medusa's countdown tile doesn't count as damage done by her for Penance Stare, though. Too bad.

The other one that gave me fits was 4-star Blade/Deadpool/Antman (Sim 40) because the first few times I tried it were very heavy red boards. When Blade keeps plopping down 440 Strike Tiles every turn, your team dies rather quickly. Finally, I got a non-red heavy board while using 4-star Thor, CHulk, and IM40. A yellow match-5 started things off right, and two recharges later Blade was down, Deadpool and Ant-Man were stunned, and charged tiles were everywhere.

Everything else was a first or second shot. Now my 4-star Luke Cage is a 3/0/2.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:

There were only a few nodes that gave me trouble this time...I just finished beating the entire gauntlet for the first time ever!

The Medusa/Peggy Carter/Gwenpool (Sim 34) node just destroyed every team I put up against it until I got a blue filled board while using Nick Fury, Ghost Rider and Hood. Even a LVL 314 Peggy Carter is no match for a LVL 366 Demolition from Nick Fury. icon_e_smile.gif After she went down, it got somewhat easier. I did notice that Medusa's countdown tile doesn't count as damage done by her for Penance Stare, though. Too bad.

The other one that gave me fits was 4-star Blade/Deadpool/Antman (Sim 40) because the first few times I tried it were very heavy red boards. When Blade keeps plopping down 440 Strike Tiles every turn, your team dies rather quickly. Finally, I got a non-red heavy board while using 4-star Thor, CHulk, and IM40. A yellow match-5 started things off right, and two recharges later Blade was down, Deadpool and Ant-Man were stunned, and charged tiles were everywhere.

Yeah, the Medusa one was a pain. My first attempt failed (don't recall the team, I think it was Quicksilver, Thoress (3/2/5) and Bullseye), and my second attempt was by the skin of the teeth with probably LC/SW/IF again. Had to whale the Captain M4rvel / WM / Punish3r node after 2 failed attempts. Now waiting for some more healthpacks to regenerate. Hard.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

Finished third sub today. Fury, deadpool, and IM40 just killed it.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Are there any notable node rewards?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrDoMe wrote:
    Are there any notable node rewards?
    No. The last nodes in each sub gives one CP, otherwise it's just ISO all the way.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:

I found that 34 and 40 were both "Bring Medusa, win directly" nodes... Steal the World is definitely a winning tactic with tile generators.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I definitely want Agent Venom covers after playing node 31.

Him, medusa, and moon knight are now high on my "want to get covered quickly" list. Too bad all 3 are sitting at a measly 6 covers.