I think it's time to "fix" IM40.

Options
13»

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, Switch is great. Maybe I could've come up with a better example because we've already got a decent purple battery in 3* land. But alternatives are fun too. I think my example in the OP about giving Spidey a decent blue/green generator would be fun (though, on second thought I think I overcosted it by 1-2).

Having a strictly Blue generator could be fun too, something like "deal damage and turn all basic tiles in a random row blue"... you're likely to get at least a 4-match of mostly blue AP but sometimes not with lots of special/TU tiles. Though I'm not sure who I would give that ability to.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK Erik I know what you're saying but I think you are blowing this out of proportion for just one character, I used IM40 with Peggy in the Mordo PVP event only because she was the only 4* I had powered up and it is the most obvious combo to use if Peggy is powered up with that said I played against IM40/Peggy as well but I had to use boosts to my advantage and it works, but I was attacked many times by other players with one powered up 4* and the same 5* OML leveled 360 or higher now I'm not going to make a topic on the forums because I got beat a couple times by OML it is what it is I personally don't see Iron Man 40 in PVP it's usually two 4* or one 4* with a 5* mostly OML because of his healing factor, now I don't like playing against 5* but if they are with points I'll try my best if I lose I head butt my phone and I move on I suggest you do the same.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's fine.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried playing without him in the latest PvP and every match took forever. I wonder who other people are using if not IM40 to get through matches quickly? You can't spend more than 2 minutes in a match if you want to avoid a ton of attacks.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe having his yellow at 7 would be a tiny change but would make a difference as now you need 3 yellow matches or 2 and a 4 match to nab another yellow or a 3 match and a 4 match.

You can always boost but currently you can boost 3 yellow AP and then just need 1 yellow match to get going.

The downside is if you have a champion 5* you are easy pickings even if boosted.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried playing without him in the latest PvP and every match took forever. I wonder who other people are using if not IM40 to get through matches quickly? You can't spend more than 2 minutes in a match if you want to avoid a ton of attacks.

For me it all depends on who is boosted, if you don't have a battery then you can choose a team with rainbow coverage that means that match damage will be higher and you are less at the mercy of a specific colour balance on the board, also you tend to be a less appealing target with two boosted champs rather than one of them plus IM40 so a match could be slower but safer overall.
  • therightwaye
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

For me it all depends on who is boosted, if you don't have a battery then you can choose a team with rainbow coverage that means that match damage will be higher and you are less at the mercy of a specific colour balance on the board, also you tend to be a less appealing target with two boosted champs rather than one of them plus IM40 so a match could be slower but safer overall.

With the current Falcon PvP I have a champed Peggy and Xpool. I tried playing with them both, but against a bunch of people who have the exact same roster, it takes time to build up the AP needed. Battery IM40 made matches 1-2 minutes vs. 5 minutes. That's quite a savings. Those are not hard numbers, but they certainly feel that way.

I've already spoken in great deal about the nonsense that is PvP and lack of a good class system. But at least with IM40 and Peggy (or other boosted 4*) I can get through a single match relatively quickly. And I try to switch to XPOOL and Peggy for defense but as others have pointed out there is basically zero defense in the game.

To regress, I think IM40 is still essential to my gameplay if I want to get through matches quickly.
  • therightwaye
    Options
    I think the new Coulson character might be a good replacement for IM40.