PVE suggestions

13»

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    kevind722 wrote:
    I think there should be a way to fix both rubberbanding and scalinging in one swoop. make it so the longer you wait the higher the enemy. for example if you do not have one single battle until the last 2 hours and then grind for 2000+ points per node to jump into the top 10 every enemy should be 230-400 for you. making it so that those who play early arent hurt by scaling and are rewarded for constant play.
    This is already largely the case thanks to community scaling, and it is not working...
  • I may be the only one that is actually interested in the story during PvE, but here are the changes I would like to see.

Story Changes:

1. Add ability to auto-skip all dialogue.

2. Make certain that dialogue is properly linked in the code. (It's frustrating when I'm interested in the story and the word bubbles pop up coding errors instead of dialogue.)

3. Add a previous dialogue button. (Sometimes I skip the first dialogue before I actually read it, and I wish I could go back.)
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:
    MPQ is a competitive game, people. And there can only be one winner (per bracket).

And now sometimes two!

I've been number two winner sometimes, and not just poopies!
  • how about a more or less radical system change?
    the way i see it most people who are casual tend to avoid alliances and the competion lovers are nearly allways in an alliance right?

so i propose the following:
    solo:progression based rewards with all covers available (first one easy and low, mid one need much more work, high one only reachable with a "small" amount of grinding)
    alliance: competion based like we have now more or less (much more grinding here because everyone wants to reach the top, no covers here but rewards for tokans/iso/healthpacks/hp)

i think that way less rubberbanding or even none would be needed. casuals would be more satisfied. And we other can still duke it out via alliance ranking
  • They should simply make personal scaling based on your total PvE points and get rid of community scaling. If the missions turn out to be too easy, someone's going to grind them all down to 1, which drives up the rubberband, which will increase the level for everyone since now you're getting a lot of more points than before.
  • cross posting from general
    Hmm, there are different rewards per node. What if each different reward was tied to a different enemy team composition.

Each node could then have a possibility of 4 different fights chosen randomly with different rewards depending on who you are fighting. Would take some extra work on the dev's part but could be promising.

Less grindy
    Less predictable
    Rewards can be scaled directly to difficuly
    Event Points could be scaled based on difficulty

Each node could have an "easy" fight and each time a 20 iso reward pops up it hands you the easy group to play with, but event points are also at easy levels.
    Each node could also have a "hard" fight worth greatly more points.

Throwing in a goon node, two mixed goon/hero nodes and one all heroes node would provide variety and make team composition choices more interesting.

I fear we are near the point of exhausting the current pve environment. The same fights over and over is causing burnout especially with the same fights increasing in difficulty each time. We need more randomness, more spontaneity, more reward/risk. People are putting up with the grind for the reward.

Oh what this game could be if you thoroughly enjoyed the ride while competing for the end rewards.
  • Not sure about others but it is super frustrating to me to play a multi day tournament, spend MANY hours and be top 50 or so the entire time and then end up being way down in the rankings because apparently others are willing to spend way more time than I am playing a "casual" game. Why can't PVE events be true PVE events? It seems like no matter what every event is against others? I would way rather play a game where if I put in the time I get the reward regardless of what others are doing. Am I missing something or am I just not playing this game right?
  • jjsolomon wrote:
    Why can't PVE events be true PVE events? It seems like no matter what every event is against others? I would way rather play a game where if I put in the time I get the reward regardless of what others are doing. Am I missing something or am I just not playing this game right?

Because competition is a cheap, easy way for F2P game makers to exert psychological pressure on the user to spend money.
  • brysonian
    brysonian Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Ok the last event for the cyclops cover was insane. I found that I had to work every node down to 1 point before it would give all 4 rewards. Can the iso 20 issue be addressed? The scaling was an issue too one of the sets I waited for the nodex to be worth full points again and by that time 3 of the nodes were scaled to be nearly impossible to beat. I believe my rank slipped some because there was no way for me to stay competitive due to node difficulty. I've gotten used to the 8 hour loop but the iso 20 has to go especially when you're working a difficult node for the iso 500, 250 or token and get iso 20 for your effort making you have to try 2 or 3 more times to get iso 20 over and over again. Please, please, please make something to allow 4 reward accrual before getting iso 20 repeatedly.
  • Viking John

You dont need to say that you will read all our suggestions because we know Vikings do their best and we appreciate that.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Please just flat out get rid of Oscorp: Heroic.

It's not fun, it's somehow LESS fun than "The Hunt" and that is god awful.
    Or, maybe think about unlocking the full roster for this?

Or, unlock ALL one star and two stars and have one required 3?

Either way Onslaught followed by Photon Blast on repeat is NOT fun.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please fix the PVE progression reward thresholds; they have been set far too high recently, as though they are still tuned for 3-hour PVE node refreshes instead of 8-hours. First it was the Kamala Khan progression reward, and now the Steve Rogers reward. Even by clearing all the essentials on a nearly-ideal schedule, I'm going to fall well short of that final reward, even though as I type this I'm sitting in the top 50 in my bracket (I'm over 10,000 points short with less than 12 hours to go).

You should not be required to grind like crazy just to reach the last progression reward. A relatively casual player should be able to reach it with time to spare, and it should still be achievable even if you lack the essential characters. I thought that was the entire point.