[Poll] Are you buying from the Strange vaults?

2»

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Might have tried if I had more hp to burn.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I have a decent stash of HP, but Mordo seems like he's just OK and I have 3trange champed already, so I will be passing on these.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time this ran i hit the single pulls from each vault every day, thus time I'm pulling the main event vault
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Thinking of clearing out the Orb vault so that I have at least one black cover for Mordo. Going to wait to see what vault replaces Kingpin vault before making up my mind. Still have to decide if I'm going to clear it or go 5 at a time.

That was what I did too, sadly I didn't get the Mordo until the 20th token. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    HPs flow so freely now, I spent to go after an extra Mordo cover. Took me until pull 18, but I got the black cover so I have all three of his powers unlocked.

Until HPs can help me get a 5* cover, this is as good a thing to spend it on as any.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've bought three 5 packs, pulled two Mordos and a Strange. Pulled another Strange and a Thanos from the Strange Sights vault and I've got the two yellow Strange covers from progression so I'm really enjoying the rewards with this event. Strange is pure beauty up against goons with his yellow and his blue is really nice too. Got him up to 172 now and thankfully I haven't had to sell any covers. I got to use them as they came 13 out of 13 which is rare for me with the combined 25 Nova and Spider-Gwen red covers I've scrapped lately.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I did it as much for the Strange cover as the Mordo cover, to save the 20 CP I would have spent to champion him (I had a bunch more wrong-color Strange covers fading in my queue). Buying the vault zeroed me out of HP, but a minute later I was back to 375. All the 2* chintz caused a nice chain reaction, and let me sell one 144 off.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mordo is not good enough to tempt me. If carol had gotten this sort of rollout then i may have bought a 5 pack or two chasing her (and indeed i did chase he during slrs last week).

But with a mid tier like mordo the fewer covers i get now, the longer it will be before i have to start selling covers for him for lack of iso. I can't see any situation where i would rush to champ him as soon as he is covered. There will be a lot of higher prioriry characters.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I cleared the orb pack as I needed the black Mordo. Will not be buying the others.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking of clearing out the Book vault since it had two Strange covers, but then my free token gave me the Mordo cover, and spending that HP for only 3* covers and below feels... wrong.
    I might buy some from the Orb vault as I still have no black Mordo covers, but it's not a huge priority and HP is still a bit scarce... There's a black Mordo cover in my Strange Sights vault too, with a Little luck I might get it in the token deluge.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Placed T5 in Unstable Iso so figured I'd try to get his covers so I'd be at 9 after his PvP. All 3-stars are champed so they didn't provide much value. I was only going for the cover in each of the vaults so I figured I'd be saving HP with 5x pulls as long as I didn't have to pull 4 times. Results:
    • Book: took 4 pulls
    • Wand: took 1 pull
    • Orb: took 1 pull

Took 6K HP to get 3 covers. I have to be pretty happy with those results even though it got off to a bad start.