[Poll] Are you buying from the Strange vaults?

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Are you buying anything from the 21 item event vaults aside from the free token you get from the event?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Guilty. I had an HP bank built up, and I did like that character from the movie, even if he is underwhelming so far on the essential nodes. Been doing the 5x packs. The extra iso and champ rewards have been lucky so far on my pulls.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Voted for 'Yes - 5 packs', but I will be buying these 5-packs only because one has a final 3* Thanos green (3/5/4 right now) I need to champ him and not have to sell 2 purple covers for him. And while I'm at it I'll probably continue until I get the Mordo cover in there too, might as well if I don't get it before Thanos since I have the HP to do so. I'll be gambling on not needing more than 3 5-packs, but that is just a risk I'll be taking to see if I get lucky or not. Might buy a 5-pack for getting another blue Mordo cover, but I'm not sure I will be trying my luck there.

FYI, I'm not overly fond of these vaults to begin with and I probably never will be, just not very appealing much like the Limited Character Vaults. But I really need that Thanos cover, and spending HP to save on having to spend 20CP to get that last cover is better. The Mordo blue is basically because it seems to me like it's his best power to have, but the increase in 1 to 2 covers is not that big so I'm not sure if I'll do that yet, but there are also 2 more Strang3 covers in there. Of course the extra champ levels for all the other 2* and 3* would be a nice bonus.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    StevO-J wrote:
    . But I really need that Thanos cover, and spending HP to save on having to spend 20CP to get that last cover is better.

Good luck on that Thanos cover, but in case you don’t get it from the vault, don’t think of it as spending 20 CP. Look at it as getting 5CP off buying a Latest Legend Token (which you’ll get when you champ in those extra purples covers). icon_e_wink.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to buy out the Orb of Agamotto one because all the covers are pretty useful, 2x Dr. Strange, Gamora and one of the green 2* Storm covers I am missing to refarm her.

The others will probably just get the free pull.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Define "buying".

Am I using my surplus HP to take stabs at some goodies? You betcha. Pulled 2 5 packs from the first one and got the Mordo cover so I could finish the essentials, which was my goal, so I stopped there. Pulled 1 5 pack from the second one and got the blue Strange cover (again, my goal, stopped there)

Would I pay actual money if I didn't have the HP to cover the costs of pulling those tokens? Not a bloody chance...

So, I guess my answer is Schrodinger's Token. I'm simultaneously buying and not buying into these vaults icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I was very disappointed to see the 100HP single-pull option removed this time around. Last time I kept using that option until I had all of the covers I wanted, and I spent a lot of HP on the event. I was considering spending 1,000 HP anyway for a 10-pull, but then realized it wasn't even a 10-pull, just a 5-pull. As for buying the full vault at 3,600 HP? I'd have considered it if I wasn't mostly just buying 2* covers. 3,600 HP is a very large investment for a single Mordo cover. If I had him at 12/13 and it was the last cover I needed, that'd be another story. But 3,600 HP to take him from 1/13 to 2/13? No thanks.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Agamotto vault was the only one that looked useful to me: 2x Strange blue and a Mordo black. Bought one 5 pack.

Didn't get Strange. Did get Mordo. Good enough.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Clearing each vault as I finish their respective subevents. Need Mordos and 3Stranges. Rest go to 2* farms for more ISO to champ fully covered 4*s waiting.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have enough HP available (6500+) to buy out one, but it's just not worth it. All that matters is 5*s. I have over 35 four-stars championed, so winning a few covers of another one doesn't do anything for me. Thousands of HP is too much to spend just for the chance to get one LT.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Pulled the Mordo with my earned token from Vishanti vault so no on that one. I will see about the other two vaults once I get there but might do a 5 pack.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have a 0/2/2 Mordo so will probably spend a bit on the vault with the black cover to try and get at least one of each colour while they are reasonably available.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I don't like the model for 4* I'm close to championing, so I certainly don't want it for the new kids on the block...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably buy one of these as I have the surplus HP and I could use an extra Mordo cover. All the other goodies don't hurt either. If I had a lot of extra HP I would probably get two, actually.

I'll see what the "artifact" token gets me, and if it doesn't get me Mordo I'll skip the formalities and just buy the 20 pack.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Too expensive for me.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Gamble on 5x packs, odds are it's going to cost you between 3000-12000. If you managed to pull mordo before clearing out the vault by 2 pulls, you're already ahead if you were going to by 20x packs (10800).

First vault I got mordo on the second pull. Perfect, even if the other two vaults are in the 4th pull I'm ahead already.

Second vault I got mordo on the third pull. More savings!

Edit: third vault was first pull. 3x 4* covers for 6000 is a great price
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I'm usually floating around 2-3k HP, but the releases have been coming so fast I don't love spending the extra HP.

I'll grab a daily deal if there's a smallish vault that I've already taken a few covers out of, but nothing's really enticing me to spend right now.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I'm buying the 20 pack in the vault that has 3* Strange blue power, unless I get it with my first pull icon_lol.gif

Hundreds of pulls in all the various vaults without a 3* Strange blue for my 0/5/5 has led me down this path.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought 5-packs in the Book of the Vishanti vault until I got the Mordo cover. Unfortunately, it took me 3 of them.

I'll probably buy a 5-pack in the Orb of Agamotto vault too because it has the Mordo black cover (which I don't have) as well as a Thanos cover. If I end up with more HP then I'll buy a 2nd 5-pack if necessary.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Thinking of clearing out the Orb vault so that I have at least one black cover for Mordo. Going to wait to see what vault replaces Kingpin vault before making up my mind. Still have to decide if I'm going to clear it or go 5 at a time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, just not worth it to have a 5 cover Mordo rather than a 2 cover Mordo for the next six months.which won't be used until he an essential again.