Hey Devs Can We Get An Example...

Options
2»

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Astralwind wrote:
    Just to share my Jace2 which was able to beat 3.3. A copy and paste from the from one of the noxious gearhulk thread.

My point was that the event is themed, it has objectives for vehicles, but when I attempt to participate with a new planeswalker using new cards I get steamrolled. Energy is weak unless you have the key cards. Once again, I will likely remove all KLD cards and revert back to prior sets.

KLD is a flop. They even recognize that. So what do they do with Aether Revolt? Flop! (Yes, I was actually expecting some improvement here).
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I beat 3.2 with my Dovin deck. They admitted some mistakes with KLD, just as they did with previous sets. "FLOP!" is not really constructive.
  • Schlemoc
    Schlemoc Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I greatly appreciate the insight on the bounce deck idea. Sadly i dont have any blue leveled, and my kiora is not good at managing that deck. Any insight on sorrin, kiora, or koth? I was thinking a koth deck may work alright with olivia and lots of creature destruction, but not entirely sure.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Aethertide Whale (AKA Fiddler))

eyyyyyyy I'm glad my nickname for it has caught on somewhat. now if i can get everyone to start calling Rishkars Expertise REpertise... *ahem*

anyway, i breezed through 3.3 with J2. just ran a bunch of bounce spells, some defenders and flying spells, tamiyos journal and it was pretty easy to be honest. you bounce all his non-token critters and let your defenders deal with his token from his ability. just have to make sure you last until you can ultimate, because you have to ultimate before you play your defenders otherwise they get wiped out. try that out icon_e_biggrin.gif worked brilliantly for me

The proper abbreviation for all "Person's Expertise" cards is:

Baralsex
    Rishkarsex
    Sramsex
    ..and so on

*cough*
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Steeme wrote:
    Aethertide Whale (AKA Fiddler))

eyyyyyyy I'm glad my nickname for it has caught on somewhat. now if i can get everyone to start calling Rishkars Expertise REpertise... *ahem*

anyway, i breezed through 3.3 with J2. just ran a bunch of bounce spells, some defenders and flying spells, tamiyos journal and it was pretty easy to be honest. you bounce all his non-token critters and let your defenders deal with his token from his ability. just have to make sure you last until you can ultimate, because you have to ultimate before you play your defenders otherwise they get wiped out. try that out icon_e_biggrin.gif worked brilliantly for me

The proper abbreviation for all "Person's Expertise" cards is:

Baralsex
    Rishkarsex
    Sramsex
    ..and so on

*cough*

Lol, that made me chuckle. They're both acceptable. RExpertise, BExterpise, SExterpise, KExterpise, YExterpise and your ones icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • -bubufina
    -bubufina Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gruntface wrote:
    I have a theory! The objectives for this event are designed to catch cheats. If people are consistently beating every node all in and staying perfect, it's a pretty good indicator.

It's probably possible right now as anyone beating 3.1 as is would have certainly built a vehicle deck to win 1.1 and fallen foul of the busted secondary objective.

So if anyone is perfect right now, pretty much chalk them up for the watch list.

I very much doubt it's because the event wasn't playtested.......

+1. This was clearly designed to flag cheaters... If not, wow.
  • MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Schlemoc wrote:
    I greatly appreciate the insight on the bounce deck idea. Sadly i dont have any blue leveled, and my kiora is not good at managing that deck. Any insight on sorrin, kiora, or koth? I was thinking a koth deck may work alright with olivia and lots of creature destruction, but not entirely sure.
    I beat it with my Koth deck. I think I got the third objective too, but I don't think the second (can't remember what the objectives actually were).
    Olivia
    Decimator of the Provinces
    Void Winnower
    Ulrich
    Tamiyo's Journal
    Molten Vortex
    Corrupted Grafstone
    Unlicensed Disintegration
    Demolish
    Inner Struggle

Olivia is your priority, but the other 3 are all good too. Journal is important, the other two supports are helpful but not crucial. I only rarely needed to use Koth's second ability to trade with a Skyship. His third ability really puts the game away, so if you only have a choice between a 3 blue/white match or a 3 loyalty match, it can be the right decision to take the loyalty.

Hope this helps!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Schlemoc wrote:

I went into 3.3 with my very scary, chock-full-of-mythics Kiora deck, and then wasn't ever able to lock him down and lost the damage race (narrowly). So on my second attempt I switched gears and ran a Sorin deck with no mythics whatsoever (and only two rares, both of which could've been removed/replaced without making a difference), just the usual lifelink/Serene Steward cheese. I won quite easily, ended the game with a 125/73 Farbog Revenant on the board (I run Farbog Revenant and Lone Rider in case of blockers, but as far as I can tell Tezz doesn't have any blockers, so whatever), and could definitely have tossed in some cheap vehicles for the extra objective if I had thought about it.

One point, somewhat counter-intuitively, is *not* to go removal crazy. He ramps so fast and draws so many cards that he's just always going to be able to play creatures faster than you can remove them - it's better to let him fill his 3 board slots with relatively harmless creatures (a couple fabricates a turn should be no match for how fast your Serene Steward is pumping your lifelinker) and then take advantage of the fact that the AI won't ever replace creatures in play with other, better creatures from his hand. If you're a little bit lucky and strategic/sparing with your removals, you can let his hand fill up with creatures that he has no room for on the board, and then as long as your lifegain per turn is high enough you've got no worries.
  • Schlemoc
    Schlemoc Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you StormCrow and MrMustache! Im proud to report i finally beat tezz. I used koth with olivia, jurin,and territorial. The last actually saved my life.

The tips on saving for his ult, and being very careful on creature destruction made the difference. Im very appreciative of the help!

Hope some others struggling saw these comments as well!