Hey Devs Can We Get An Example...

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello,

Is there any way you (the Devs at Hibernum) can post a few videos meeting all objectives in 3.1 of Revolt Against the Consulate -- I'd like to see:

1. That it's doable
2. That it's doable without Exclusive cards that haven't been released.
3. That the doability can be sustained.

Think of it as a service like when you post horrible deck ideas on Facebook, but this will actually be valuable to us.

Decklists would be nice too.

Thanks!

Comments

• jimilinho_
    Options
    I would love to see anyone do this.

Without cheating of course!
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Options
    Its easy, just cast emrakul turn one, use nahiris harbinger on it, then cast tetra strike on it and boom, one round kill
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    WOW this incredible - 3 turns to do 392 points of damage.

It is rare that i can do this in QB sheesh. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are we taking this weekend to thank the dev team as well?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On a related note, I lost to it from near full health when it suddenly started an infinite Gonti heart turn with Dynavolt on the field.

I didn't expect an infinite turn exploit to be actually used by an PvE opponent.
  • Falizar
    Options
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a theory! The objectives for this event are designed to catch cheats. If people are consistently beating every node all in and staying perfect, it's a pretty good indicator.

It's probably possible right now as anyone beating 3.1 as is would have certainly built a vehicle deck to win 1.1 and fallen foul of the busted secondary objective.

So if anyone is perfect right now, pretty much chalk them up for the watch list.

I very much doubt it's because the event wasn't playtested.......
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess is you help to Energize the board together with the AI, then you have to pull off a Gonti's Aether Heart + Electrostatic Pummeler / Dynavolt Tower infinity chain by round 4.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say it's possible if you have Tower and Heart.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not a top tier player, don't have the spare time (or cash) to be one, so I went into this match knowing I didn't have a prayer in hitting the last objective. I didn't expect to have my stones served up to me on a platter. Maybe the objective should have been to lose the match within three rounds.

I thought maybe it's just me. Maybe i just don't have the cards. But now I see even top players aren't getting this one.

I quickly reconstructed my Gideon 2 ally-disable-double strike-lifelink deck just to see if i could even win the match. This is my "when all else fails" deck. It took me a lot more than three rounds but I did manage to beat it.

How can anyone expect to do this? Kudos to all of you that wake up in the wee hours of the morning just to scrape for a perfect score, that's dedication and perseverance. Looks like that perfect score might be out of reach in this event. Oh well. Maybe you can get a good night sleep for a change.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    Hello,

Is there any way you (the Devs at Hibernum) can post a few videos meeting all objectives in 3.1 of Revolt Against the Consulate -- I'd like to see:

1. That it's doable
    2. That it's doable without Exclusive cards that haven't been released.
    3. That the doability can be sustained.

Think of it as a service like when you post horrible deck ideas on Facebook, but this will actually be valuable to us.

Decklists would be nice too.

Thanks!
    I'll quote myself from previous topic
    I have another suggestion,
    Can we ask development team to dedicate a person who would play this game on daily basis ?

and on a more serious note, unfortunately D3 devs are not that good at "deving" and making this game cheat proof so they had an idea of setting up unrealistic target which would only be achieved by cheaters. because ribbon data is being sent back to HQ they will be able to see who used hacked apk to achieve this goal. (also with good cascade its achievable by legit players with nissa2 or even maybe nahiri)

but now anyone cheater who reads this post will probably stay away of beating 3.1 under 5 rounds
    so devs no more sneaky games causing chaos amongs normal players please,
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    James13 wrote:
    On a related note, I lost to it from near full health when it suddenly started an infinite Gonti heart turn with Dynavolt on the field.

I didn't expect an infinite turn exploit to be actually used by an PvE opponent.

There is one in the Avacyn event as well. I don't know the cards name but I think it was the 2.2 node. Killed me from full health to 0 in that round.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 wrote:

Jesus.
  • Falizar
    Options
    Yup lol how i lost the first time as well.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've written off most of the objectives. Simply don't care anymore. I'm not competing for the top of the leaderboard, yet I need to be griefed by stupid troll objectives that are supposedly being introduced to break ties.

I went into the Tezzeret 3.3 match blind. Chose Dovin in the spirit of the event, as I have him set up with vehicles. By turn 4 the AI was doing 60 damage per turn, would have lost sooner if I didn't have deadlock trap disabling his Aethertide Whale (AKA Fiddler) every turn.

Lost the match in probably 6 rounds. Didn't even have a chance to play more than 3 cards.

Cool event! (by the way, this is sarcasm, indicating that I'm not enjoying the event - I enjoy challenges, not guaranteed losses)
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Aethertide Whale (AKA Fiddler))

eyyyyyyy I'm glad my nickname for it has caught on somewhat. now if i can get everyone to start calling Rishkars Expertise REpertise... *ahem*

anyway, i breezed through 3.3 with J2. just ran a bunch of bounce spells, some defenders and flying spells, tamiyos journal and it was pretty easy to be honest. you bounce all his non-token critters and let your defenders deal with his token from his ability. just have to make sure you last until you can ultimate, because you have to ultimate before you play your defenders otherwise they get wiped out. try that out icon_e_biggrin.gif worked brilliantly for me
  • Annihilator-Ace
    Options
    Sooo... after 28 rounds I finally beat the 3.1 node with my koth burn deck and it took an 84/39 skysovereign and a 28/16 flat wheel cruiser. Get to the 3.2 node and take a look at what I'm up against. For 9 loyalty the enemy can fetch one of my cards and put it into the battlefield under his control. What the hell? You devs expect us to beat that? With what? All the mythical and rares that we can't obtain without spending out of our own pocket. The only reason why I have any good cards is because I got lucky with the few 4 packs a month that you allow us players to get and I didn't even pull my best cards from the fat packs either, I pulled them from basic boosters (yeah lucky but the point is is that you are supposed to have a good chance for rares in a fat pack and the last time I got a rare in a far pack was a while ago and they are far and very few in between). Back to the boss tourney. You expect an honest player like me to spend my hard earned money on a game that isn't very rewarding even when I do put money into it, and also puts out **** tournaments that can only be won by players that have spent hundreds of dollars on the game or that cheat? Ha ha that's a funny joke. Fix things before I even consider spending money again.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Aethertide Whale (AKA Fiddler))

eyyyyyyy I'm glad my nickname for it has caught on somewhat. now if i can get everyone to start calling Rishkars Expertise REpertise... *ahem*

anyway, i breezed through 3.3 with J2. just ran a bunch of bounce spells, some defenders and flying spells, tamiyos journal and it was pretty easy to be honest. you bounce all his non-token critters and let your defenders deal with his token from his ability. just have to make sure you last until you can ultimate, because you have to ultimate before you play your defenders otherwise they get wiped out. try that out icon_e_biggrin.gif worked brilliantly for me

Any chance of a deck list please? Don't play much blue, even with the cardboard.
  • Astralwind
    Astralwind Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Just to share my Jace2 which was able to beat 3.3. A copy and paste from the from one of the noxious gearhulk thread.

Nibil of Frost
    Thing in the Ice
    Spatial Contortion
    Imprisoned In the Moon
    Artificer's Ephiphany
    Coastal Discovery
    Scatter to the Winds
    Insidious Will
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Startled Awake

The way to go about it is to cast Thing in the Ice, cast those spells and return all creatures big fatties being thrown out.
    Save a Spatial Contortion for an instant transform.
    Sphinx's Tutelage to increase mana cost of first card and when you think the card will be casted inevitably, throw out an Insidious Will/Scatter to the Winds to negate it.
    Coastal Discovery and Artificer's Ephiphany to keep your spells and Thing in the Ice coming in. Nibil of Frost is to help to buy time and for offense.
    Once you can dish out level 3 ability, victory is usually assured.
    To add on to the fun, you can even imprisoned your own creatures to buff up moon for auto main gain as it grows bigger per card draw. That should speed up the pace.

The only thing to be wary of is dynavolt tower and gonti aether heart. Clear away as much energized gems as you can if you can afford it.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would like the starteld awake but insidious is about the only thing that really bothers tezzeret boss other than jace 2 uses the same colors so by playing him you deny him mana.
    i use conraband kingpin for healing smugglers just for the extra draw for the last ability and fevered dreams for the extra cards. have beat both bosses with this deck, imprison nice to use on one of yours and let him grow with your attackers and no more mana problems.