Count my lucky stars! Day 1200 resupply is.....

2»

Comments

• j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Just to throw another perspective...

some people at this tier may be working at their mbw (5 blue) farm, and at this point their rankings are quite high and they dont get as many chances at a standard token.. coz they probably only get heroics n elites from events
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    j0nats wrote:
    Just to throw another perspective...

some people at this tier may be working at their mbw (5 blue) farm, and at this point their rankings are quite high and they dont get as many chances at a standard token.. coz they probably only get heroics n elites from events

In the current pve system everyone gets 7 stanfard tokens per sub if they clear 4/6. And there are also some standards in pvp events and lots of standards in LRs. Even the whale-iest of whales get plenty of standards
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you hit a certain point of progress, you should have an option to toggle between getting standards and getting elites (or even heroics!) (or even legendaries!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I see both sides of this argument, and though I hate the entitled people of the world... I have to agree to an extent with the OP.

Sure, it's free stuff that they did not have to offer anyone. So you can yell that we should just appreciate it. But once you start giving stuff away for free, the receivers will at least want it to matter. I remember in college, I would do anything for free swag. As an adult, does a free keychain even move the needle for you anymore? A keychain is basically just wasted money on me, because I don't even value it more than nothing at all. The older you get, and the more resources/needs you have, the less it matter when you get a trinket.

So, all in all... basically I believe that IF you are going to give something away for free, it has to feel like it's something worth having for the receiver to be happy. A standard token is pretty clutch for someone who has played for 3 weeks. A standard token to me, who is only at day 600 or so? I just shrug and say "meh". I am not feeling like I deserve anything at all, but if you're going to give us something for free (and expect us to be content with it), it has to move the needle. Not saying LT's need to be given away, but standard tokens and crit boosts need to go the way of the dodo in the daily resupply.