Count my lucky stars! Day 1200 resupply is.....

Jonny1Punch
Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
..... 500 ISO!

This was almost as good as a few days back when I got a standard recruit token!

Gotta love a mobile game that you play everyday for over 3 years straight investing more time and money then anyone wants to admit only to get nothing in return.

The resupply needs a complete overhaul. After day 800 and especially the day 1000 mark it should be something meaningful daily. CP, Leg tokens and a 5* cover somewhat consistently. Not a rant this is a fact.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Standard tokens for 4* and 5* players are pretty ridiculous. An overhaul after 730 (when players start getting 5*s in the dailies) wouldbe a good idea.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Maybe I am old, but I remember a time when people appreciated free stuff and did not complain or think they are owed something more.

And yes, OP, that was a rant you made.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    StarScream wrote:
    Maybe I am old, but I remember a time when people appreciated free stuff and did not complain or think they are owed something more.

When you pay money the rules change.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I got a standard token. I don't know why people keep asking for villains in the game, the devs are the most evil villains there are.
  • StarScream
    StarScream wrote:

Not really. What you purchase, you get. Nothing more. If you purchase hero points, you get them.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I'm all for changing the random daily prize pool for every year you've been playing the game. In my mind, at 365 days, this ISO and HP, health packs and boosts are doubled, and the standards get replaced by elite tokens. At 730 days, triple original value for ISO and HP, do CP instead of boosts (but only 3-5), and heroic tokens replace elite. Then for each year after that, the ISO, HP, and CP get larger.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'd take that ISO over another standard token any day and honestly the whole resupply system needs a do over.

I'm not as far as most of you but rather somewhere along the middle, sitting at day 773 while still getting a measly 500ISO or standard token is depressing. You'd think the rewards would up once you'd reach a milestone like 250 day 500, 750 and so forth but nooooo, they just stay the same.

There was always that hope that once I passed day 750 standard tokens would get replaced with heroic tokens...i mean, why not? 9 out of 10 times you get a moonstone anyways icon_lol.gif
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    They had no obligation whatsoever to have a daily reward in the game. I don't think we would ask for one if it wasn't there from the get go. I remember when I started playing I thought the daily reward thing would end after a week or so.

That being said though, it feels... wrong to reward a player for playing for 3 years with something entirely meaningless like a standard token!

I mean.. even for a 1 year player these tokens become... well,nit useless but quite inconsequential in the grander scheme. 18/20 they give 1 stars! What's a 1* to a 1 year player?? Absolutely nothing except a meager amount of iso.

A cry for revamp is totally justifiable. Do the devs think that a proper reward for a 3 year player's loyalty is a standard token?
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Not even sure why the one stars tier still exists let alone standard tokens. Despite a few awesome team ups the one star tier serves as more of an impediment to new players more than anything else.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:

Bingo. You expect me to pat $10 a month for a VIP, then changes are in order. If we're to draw on old idioms, how about they try, "The customer is always right."
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    You think this is a rant? Wake up.

This is a business not a charity.MPQ is just like any other mobile game that wants to be profitable and sustainable. We pay for many things here like HP, VIP, Shields and even..... gasp..... some people buy ISO. That's what loyal customers and many players here do.

Now a mobile games job is to keep us entertained and coming back for more right? Not feeling like we are getting robbed....

This means throwing us a bone occasionally with some decent loot that may actually encourage more "investment" ( time, energy, money etc). By the time we get to day 500-800 range you are more then likely a 4-5* tier player. With enough buy clubs we all know this can happen within a week lol.

The point is what does a standard recruit token or 500 ISO really matter to any player at any level for a resupply ? Well, it doesn't. It's actually an insult to many of us. We are all chasing CP, 4 & 5* covers along with decent chunks of iso. This is what we need to have a chance at progressing even a little.
    Also we should have a good reason to log in everyday and things to work for in the future. Anyone here who doesn't want to fight for better and higher quality rewards is clearly out of touch much like some of the developers. ( excluding Brigby, he's a great guy here in the community )
  • loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    The 10 pk at day 1192 was nice...the one useful cover i got out of it was not
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    If we're to draw on old idioms, how about they try, "The customer is always right."

Anyone who says that unironically has never worked retail.
  • StarScream
    firethorne wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Bingo. You expect me to pat $10 a month for a VIP, then changes are in order. If we're to draw on old idioms, how about they try, "The customer is always right."

1. They do not force you to put money into the game.

2. As I said before, when you purchase something, you get what you bought. In this case, you get 28 rewards including legendary tokens and a lot of hero points.

3. The customer is actually rarely right.

4. This thread reminds me of a debate I once had on this board about the entitled generation. This is a perfect example of that.
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    http://theconversation.com/why-every-ge ... tled-70405

Every generation is the entitled generation. At some point, people get generally grumped-out about the up-and-comings. In most cases, it's the policies and practices of the complaining genration that has enabled the behaviour of the complaint target.

With that being said, I feel the generation behind me is going to make changes that I don't like.

Edit: Figured I should at least put my thoughts in about the situation

Also, I think it could be helpful to their bottom line to diversify and make the giveaways a little sweeter. Better reward means more playtime, more ad traffic potential, mo' money for errbody, potentially
    Fi
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

2. As I said before, when you purchase something, you get what you bought. In this case, you get 28 rewards including legendary tokens and a lot of hero points.

4. This thread reminds me of a debate I once had on this board about the entitled generation. This is a perfect example of that.

Is your goal here to belittle people or to engage in a productive conversation?

Shield Resupply is a customer loyalty program that doesn't grow and change at the pace the average customer grows and changes. Causing it to lose effect over time. That's worth looking into, to increase player retention and increase to keep the game going and improving for everyone.
  • StarScream
    zaku wrote:

Also, I think it could be helpful to their bottom line to diversify and make the giveaways a little sweeter. Better reward means more playtime, more ad traffic potential, mo' money for errbody, potentially
    Fi

Disagree. The hardcores will still play as much as they do regardless of what is given away for free. How do I know? Because that is what they have been doing despite what is given away for free. The casuals will still be casual for the same reasons. The daily rewards are not going to change anything in this area. If the developers want more play time, then they have to add more content. If they want more ad revenue, then they have to target new players. Again, the daily rewards are not going to change anything here. Some new players will get bored. Others will continue playing for an undisclosed amount of time.

Besides, what about the intercepts? My second account and the one I only play to kill boredom? I get an average of four or five tokens from them alone daily, and not standards. Then there are hero points and decent iso rewards. What more do people want?

What about the Steam users? My main account is on Steam. You will never see me whine about a standard token or any other reward that is not up to my liking when all I have to do is beat the * Deadpool node to get it. Instead, I look forward to what is coming up. It is not like when you put in two days of work and get 140 iso for reaching a seemingly arbitrary level.

In my relatively short time playing this game, I have seen the people running this game give plenty of stuff away. Some people respond by saying it is not enough. They want more. That was unheard of when I was being raised. If I was hungry and was given a ham sandwich but I turn around and say I want steak? I would have had the taste slapped out of my mouth.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    StarScream wrote:

The time you remember was when free stuff was actually worth something to the player. 500 iso is pretty meaningless when you're paying 379.000 iso to champ 1 of the 45 4stars you probably own at that point.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with StarScream. It's free stuff they don't have to give us at all. It's also a daily reward. What do people want? A 5* cover every single day? Even a 3* cover every day would start getting ridiculous on top of the Deadpool one we already get (and have to earn, even if it's easy).

If I get one reasonably valuable reward per week, I'm pretty happy.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    StarScream wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Is there anything more tiresome than internet message board posts about how "entitled" some ill-defined group of other (usually younger) people is?

J1P thinks the daily rewards should be different (so do i fwiw). Others feel differently. Great. Let's talk about why we feel that way, not try to attack strawmen. There is no morally superior or objectively correct opinions here.