**** Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited April 2019 in Character Details
Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) :agentcoulson:
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 15641 85/13/65/74/12/11/4.0x
    Call the Cavalry 12 yellowtilepng AP
    Coulson radios in - help is on the way. Create 1 Yellow 1-turn S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander Countdown tile that creates 1 Green Strike tile of strength 65.

(PASSIVE) Whenever a friendly Countdown reaches 0, gain 1 random AP.
      Level 2: Coulson creates 1 S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper Countdown tile that deals 565 damage and destroys adjacent tiles. Level 3: Coulson creates 1 S.H.E.L.D. Spy Countdown tile that deals 278 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Gain 2 random AP when a friendly Countdown tile reaches 0. Level 5: Coulson creates 2 S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander Countdown tiles.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Create 1 S.H.I.E.L.D. yellow commander Countdown tile, 1 Green S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper Countdown tile, and 1 Purple S.H.I.E.L.D. Spy Countdown tile. Gain 1 random AP when a friendly Countdown tile reaches 0. Level 4: Create 1 S.H.I.E.L.D. yellow commander Countdown tile, 1 Green S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper Countdown tile, and 1 Purple S.H.I.E.L.D. Spy Countdown tile. Gain 2 random AP when a friendly Countdown tile reaches 0. Level 5: Coulson creates 2 S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander Countdown tiles.

Best Laid Plans 8 purpletilepng AP
    The team’s surrounded, but Coulson’s cool as can be. Choose 2 red or Green basic tiles to Charge and swap.

(PASSIVE) When you make a match while you have 6 or more Team-Up AP, spend 2 Team-Up AP to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown timer by 1.
      Level 2: Also can choose any black or blue basic tile. Level 3: Choose any basic tile. Level 4: Reduces friendly Countdown timer by 2. Level 5: Also deal an additional 889 damage to the target.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Choose 2 basic tiles to Charge and swap. Spend 2 Team-Up AP or more to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown timer by 1. Level 4: Choose 2 basic tiles to charge and swap. Spend 2 Team-Up AP to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown Level 5:

Super Secret Tech bluetilepng 11 AP
    “Huh, so that’s what it does.” Steal 2 random AP for each friendly Countdown tile (up to a maximum of 5 tiles).

(PASSIVE) Whenever an ally activates a power, create 1 random 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 232 damage.
      Level 2: Countdown deals 371 damage. Level 3: Create 1 random 1-turn Countdown tile. Level 4: Steal 3 random AP per friendly Countdown tile (up to 5 tiles). Level 5: Countdown deals 464 damage.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Steal 2 random AP for each friendly Countdown tile (up to a maximum of 5). Countdown deals 722 damage. Level 4: Steal 3 random AP per friendly Countdown tile (up to 5 tiles). Level 5: Countdown deals 902 damage.

Comments

• Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      "It's a magical place!"

Uhh Uhh uh... Magik?

I got nothing.

EDIT: Hang on, colors match Strange. Could it be Kaecilius? Kinda fits since Mordo came out and Strange Sights is coming...
    • TLCstormz
      TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
      We love these!!!!!

:+D
    • themoneymaker
      themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
      They already have the powers and description for Phil Coulson wonder why they're not releasing him icon_neutral.gif
    • Black Duke
      Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
      I´m sorry to take away your pleasant anticipation but it`s definitely Phil Coulson. I still remember the screenshoots I´ve made when he was released accidentally: The color scheme fits (yellow, blue, purple), the discription of the abilities fits (CD tiles) and furthermore the AP costs fit.
    • geno685
      geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
      "TAHITI-It's a magical place"-Phil Coulson almost every episode on Agents of Shield
    • Peelman
      Peelman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
      Agent Coulson Confirmed!

Man, I don't want to have to wait another couple days for Deadpool vs. MPQ! Sometimes it is nice to have a little break, but I am itching for a new PvE event.

I haven't gone through all the characters to see who could be a good match. Sounds interesting to play with. There could be an incredible team that builds AP using some of these abilities.
    • Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      He seems cool and pairs well with anyone who makes lots of countdowns. He can create green charged tiles as well, which leads me to believe Sentry and Starlord would be great partners.
    • Peelman
      Peelman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
      I don't have a good 4* roster yet, so I spend most of my analysis just doing fantasy match-making, but I also like the looks of Carol Danvers along with the article suggested War Machine as partners.

yellowflag.png - Coulson's power at 5 to get the most countdown tiles out. If Carol's power is also at 5, passively increase 3 friendly tiles each time one of the many countdown tiles expires. Alternatively can use Carol's cheap 5 to bring any chosen countdown to 0. Coulson's passive gets 2 AP when any friendly countdown expires.
      redflag.png - War Machine at 5 puts a fortified countdown tile out and causes chance for attack tiles being dropped.
      blueflag.png - Coulson's power at 5 for AP steal per countdown and the passive that puts down more countdowns. Alternatively, War Machine's power could get rid of any enemy protect tiles if those are an issue.
      purpleflag.png - Coulson's power at 3. Not sure of breakdown, but swap tiles and charges them (perhaps make immediate matches for AP or use to target enemy special tiles) and reduce friendly countdown timers. Passively use team-up AP to also reduce countdown timers.
      greenflag.png - War Machine's Gatling Gun at 5 creating 3 1-turn countdown tiles that do damage and destroy basic tiles. Carol's passive earns AP on certain enemy matches (your strongest color would be yellow or blue depending on math) potentially doing enemy damage if your strongest colors match.
      blackflag.png - Carol's power at 5 creating a fortified countdown tile that creates strike tiles and big damage when expires.

That sounds like one hell of a team ... in theory. Relying on all those powers, wonder how well Peggy would counter it. Most of the powers aren't too expensive at base, so curious to see how much it slows them down in practice. The passive of earning AP from Carol and the AP steal from Coulson could negate it a bit.

Coulson's purple active sounds the least appealing, so can certainly see where Star-Lord could be a good addition to the team. Perhaps swap him in for War Machine if Peggy is a problem and lose the active green power.

This team sure puts a lot of countdown tiles out and to think you get 2 AP each time one expires along with boosting 3-4 friendly tiles by 3-400 as well ... kinda scary.
    • ErikPeter
      ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      Yeah. With Loki... Yes, please do make that 4-match thank you much!"

I'll probably put him between Chulk and Ghost Rider (until I get some more Carol covers anyway). 5 Red/5 Green for 8 purple plus triggering those countdowns for even more AP gain.

Actually Coulson/Ghost Rider/Switch should be a really fun PvE team. Switch brings More Purple(tm) (and a CD) which generates more Green/Red for Rider's cheap abilities, which triggers coulson to make more CDs and damage and once you get Blue, nice AP steal as well. He will be quite a facilitator.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      I debated sharing this lest it bring a potential nerf... Coulson, Prof X, Starlord. Wait until Starlord's yellow is activated, then Coulson's purple now costs 6 AP. Use Coulson's purple to make a match 3 even, with purple tiles, and you get 5 purple back, plus whatever other color you matched. Make a match 5 without purple, you get 4 purple AP back. Make a match 5 with purple, and you get 11 purple AP back. Not quite a winfinite team, but pretty damn close, and you can actually level up your Prof X, and you can potentially start the chain earlier than in the Charlies Angels team since 6 AP is cheaper than 11 by a lot. Although not useful against passive skills.
    • ErikPeter
      ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      Since it doesn't work at all on pvp defense I think that's still ok. Might trivialize elite boss battles, if you can get it up and running, but if an EB gets a power off one or more of your teammates is probably dead anyway.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      ErikPeter wrote:
      Since it doesn't work at all on pvp defense I think that's still ok. Might trivialize elite boss battles, if you can get it up and running, but if an EB gets a power off one or more of your teammates is probably dead anyway.

That's the beauty of this team. Get Prof X invisible early and he is invincible. You will be stealing AP non-stop with Coulson's skills. Only thing to worry about is match damage. You can make Prof X invisible if you decide to and start buffing the strike tiles created by Coulson's yellow.
    • Skygazing
      Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
      Full Stats

[anchor=starlord3]Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)[/anchor] :coulson:
      4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
      At 70: HP: 4223 Tile damage: 42/10/33/37/9/8/23/4.0x
      At 270: HP: 15641 Tile damage: 85/13/65/74/12/11/43/4.0x
        Call the Cavalry 12 yellowtile.png
        Coulson radios in - help is on the way. Create 1 Yellow 1-turn S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander Countdown tile that creates 1 Green Strike tile of strength 65.

(PASSIVE) Whenever a friendly Countdown reaches 0, gain 1 random AP
          Level 2: Creates a 2-turn S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper CD tile that deals 565 damage and destroys adjacent tiles. Level 3: Creates a 2-turn S.H.I.E.L.D. Spy CD tile that deals 278 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Gain 2 random AP when a friendly CD reaches 0. Level 5: Create 2 S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander CD tiles.
        At 270:
          CD Specs: Commanders create Strike tiles of strength 189, Sniper deals 1337 damage to the target, and Spy deals 692 damage to the enemy team.

Best Laid Plans 8 purpletile.png
          The team's surrounded, but Coulson's cool as can be. Choose 2 Red or Green basic tiles to Charge and swap.

(PASSIVE) Whenever you make a match while you have 6 or more Team-Up AP, spend 2 Team-Up AP to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown timer by 1.
            Level 2: Can choose from Black or Blue tiles as well. Level 3: Can choose any basic tile (doesn't include TU). Level 4: Reduce a friendly CD timer by 2. Level 5: Also deals 889 damage to the target.
          At 270:
            Level 5: Also deals 1732 damage to the target.

Super Secret Tech 11 bluetile.png
            "Huh, so that's what it does." Steal 2 random AP for each friendly Countdown tile (up to a maximum of 5 tiles)

(PASSIVE) Whenever an ally activates a power, create 1 random 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 232 damage.
              Level 2: CD tiles deal 371 damage. Level 3: Creates 1-turn CD tiles. Level 4: Steal 3 AP per friendly CD tile. Level 5: CD tiles deal 464 damage.
            At 270:
              Level 3/4: CD tiles deal 722 damage. Level 5: CD tiles deal 902 damage.
          • Straycat
            Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
            Pairing with starlord seems obvious, they both benefit from having several cd tiles on the board, and they can add 6 random ap when starlords passive cds resolve. Coulson's abilities are kinda expensive too. Coulson, Carol and Starlord make a full rainbow, countdown loving team. He's also another character that might make wasp useful. They generate and steal ap like crazy when you get her blue going

Overall he seems fun, his abilities are so so but his passives make him good. Yellows passive is like carols. They both benefit from those neverending countdowns like human torch or blade. Purples passive is like falcap, except it is unavoidable with enough team up ap. Blue's passive is like kamala khan, but with damage.

So at 5 yellow he makes 4 countdowns? Not as good as kingpin I guess, but his countdowns are shorter. Maybe 5/3/5 since purple doesn't do a ton of damage. Or 4/5/4 for some more damage. Definitely want 4 yellow for extra ap, same with blue. Seeing that his purple can target any color, he jumps up a tier.
          • GrumpySmurf1002
            GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
            Yeah, he seems to be the rare character where a 454 build makes sense than any 5-5-3 combo. Virtually no difference from 4-5 on his blue, and not a ton of value in the extra strike tile which may not resolve anyway.

His DDQ is gonna su-uh-uck.

Probably be fun to use but reeks of a bottom tier character with niche use on specialized teams.

And of course, a GD nightmare when he's put in Gauntlet/Simulator with goons.
          • Gari
            Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
            HUman TOrch. *drops mike*
          • Melac
            Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
            Him, 4* captain marvel, and ghost rider.
            GR's recurring countdown tiles, and all those effects on CD triggers? Fun times.
          • CCW1208
            CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
            From his blue passive power, I think he will go very good with KP and IF
            IF 5 purple create black--->create passive counting tile
            KP 6 black destroy counting tile-->create passive counting tile
            so If you have 10 or more purple aps, your KP will kill enemy in one turn with multiple KP fingers
          • geno685
            geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
            CCW1208 wrote:
            so If you have 10 or more purple aps, your KP will kill enemy in one turn with multiple KP fingers

So basically instead of the poke you actually get punched lol?or is he pretending to be nova and shoot a finger gun, or is he REALLY into alien culture icon_e_wink.gif
          • Crnch73
            Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
            CCW1208 wrote:

I think he actually sounds like Kingpin a lot. He calls in backup (maggia pawns), he steals AP (sort of like the Fisk Defense). And then he has a little bit of Starlord in him for the countdowns. He isn't easy to use, but I kinda like the ideas.