Where did all the intercepts go?

Comments

• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I can count the number of intercepts I've received in the past few days on my fingers. Very sad
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normal amounts here. I got ten grinding PVE and DDQ earlier today and a few more tonight. On android, using my LG tablet.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah mine dried up too, usually I split my pve to try to get the most possible with an imaginary refresh time. I got one or two the last few days.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget you had civil war which has less fights in which to potentially encounter them and also the hunt has a 48 hour sub which again greatly limits the chances of encountering them.

I don't think it's a game issue more a numbers issue
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget you had civil war which has less fights in which to potentially encounter them and also the hunt has a 48 hour sub which again greatly limits the chances of encountering them.

I thought this might be part of the problem but I counted my interceipts last two days (normal 1 day sub events in PvE) and two days ago I got around 8 and yesterday not even 5!

This is way less than what it used to be (I always get 10+). This is weird. I guess it is too early to know if I am just being unlucky, but I will keep counting...

PS: Between CW, new LRs and this my iso influx has been reduced A LOT !!! Is ISO super precious again ????
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I thought this might be part of the problem but I counted my interceipts last two days (normal 1 day sub events in PvE) and two days ago I got around 8 and yesterday not even 5!

This is way less than what it used to be (I always get 10+). This is weird. I guess it is too early to know if I am just being unlucky, but I will keep counting...

PS: Between CW, new LRs and this my iso influx has been reduced A LOT !!! Is ISO super precious again ????

I think again this is still a numbers issue. Why do we encounter this problem ? Because the amount of intercepts you get is dictated by the gods of odds (1 in 20 if I remember correctly) this doesn't mean that in every 20 matches you're guaranteed a intercept. Sometimes you will get all your intercepts in a short time and others you'll miss out. Maths can be a fickle mistress.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I think again this is still a numbers issue. Why do we encounter this problem ? Because the amount of intercepts you get is dictated by the gods of odds (1 in 20 if I remember correctly) this doesn't mean that in every 20 matches you're guaranteed a intercept. Sometimes you will get all your intercepts in a short time and others you'll miss out. Maths can be a fickle mistress.

Yeah that can be the issue certainly, but I will keep track the next days to see if this is what is happening. If I keep getting just 5 intercepts on average for a week, then probably, there might be something broken.

In the end I preferred the system before they changed the way we get the intercepts, we were getting them in a more consistent basis.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My intercepts slowed during Civil War. Last night I attacked the Unstable iso-8 event and intercepts were back to normal. I got about 10 of them through my four clears.

Android.

Love them VIP intercepts.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen normal amounts with the occasional off day where I don't get many here and there.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    As an Android user (and VIP, if relevant), I also feel there have been far fewer Intercepts for me lately.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen a single intercept in over a week. iOS user here.
  • mjs0726
    mjs0726 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Same...no intercepts for nearly the past two weeks. On iOS icon_e_sad.gif
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    My iOS skip intercepts expired on Friday, and I was receiving videos to watch with some failing but working after force restart. I have not received an intercept since...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Playing on iOS I got only one intercept (and two which didn´t start) within the last 10 days. As they introduced them I got 6+ intercepts every day.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, these shield intercept things sound like a great way to help with the huge ISO needs! Wish I could get them.

-Signed, every Steam player.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vip ended now swimming in them again, which is kinda annoying in one way because it slows my game down as I'm not getting it again with the price increase (blaming apple not this game) but I have had a lot of 2k ISO this morning so they are back for me.

Edit although multiple times this morning hitting play on the video does nothing, but it's better than it was.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that you mention it, I don't recall very many intercepts this weekend... and none in my final grind last night and start of next Event... very weird.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    iOS, been dry for a long time with only 1 about 5 days ago.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I haven't had any for the whole period of unstable ISO-8 nor for the first clears on strange sights. I'm really beginning to notice the drop in resource flow from the lack of intercepts. It's the variability that people describe that seems most odd to me, though given the penchant for rewards to be tied to RNG I probably shouldn't be surprised.

@Brigby - any word on this from the dev team?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I found everyone's missing intercepts, I get them like crazy but they're all just elite tokens.