Where did all the intercepts go?

AXP_isme
AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I used to get a nice steady stream of intercepts, maybe 10 each day, but recently they seem to have almost completely disappeared. I've had two since the new iOS patch during civil war and very few in the week preceding that.

Has anyone else noticed a drop off in the frequency of intercepts? I'm starting to feel like a steam player...

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. We were discussing this yesterday on Line within our Alliance. I'm getting maybe 2 a day. Where as its usually 10 plus.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Makes me glad to be on Android. Still flowing as heavily as ever on there.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    On my android phone they are consistent but on my iPad almost non existent. Don't understand why but pve on phone and pvp on iPad is worth a try.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah you might be right, I still get some, but probably much fewer than before. I will count how many I get today.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here - I started to notice a steady decline in the numbers starting with the Civil war (obviously less fights there) and continuing in the Hunt. That's not great icon_e_sad.gif
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Im on Android too but it has dried up.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I'm on iOS and I've noticed the same thing. Restarting the app seems to get it going again.

I've also had problems with the intercept button showing up, then I press it and I get no video or reward.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Monday, I didn't get any until the data refresh in the evening. Then yesterday and today, I've been getting the normal amount. Android user.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Pants1000 wrote:
    I've also had problems with the intercept button showing up, then I press it and I get no video or reward.

I've been suffering this problem as well. My intercepts come in at the normal rate, but about 9 in 10 of them don't actually work. I've got a ticket about it going with CS, although so far all I've gotten is a warning that I shouldn't have installed my app through the Amazon store. Not particularly useful advice, since I'm on iOS. icon_razz.gif
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I seem to get a nice steady stream of intercepts after making a purchase, but a few weeks later, the intercepts stop coming and don't seem to start again unless I make another purchase...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    justsing wrote:
    I seem to get a nice steady stream of intercepts after making a purchase, but a few weeks later, the intercepts stop coming and don't seem to start again unless I make another purchase...

Tinfoil hat purchase, I assume you mean.

I've been getting roughly the same number of intercepts, on iPhone or Android, and I haven't bought anything since a VIP purchase back in July.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Android phone, much lower number than before. Used to be 10 per day or more, now it's like 2. I already stopped using my Kindle Fire because they stopped giving me the intercepts there. I am running out of devices to use!
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    iOS user here and I've only gotten one in the last week. Have they commented on this? Is it a known issue?
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    justsing wrote:

Tinfoil hat purchase, I assume you mean.

I've been getting roughly the same number of intercepts, on iPhone or Android, and I haven't bought anything since a VIP purchase back in July.

Well, considering intercepts only began in November, your situation doesn't exactly contradict mine.

This has happened to me twice in the past few months. A few weeks after a purchase, I'll go days without getting a single intercept. Then, there's a sale, so I buy some coins. Within a day of that purchase, I'll start getting intercepts again.

I know that people who spend money get ad-less intercepts, but shouldn't that transition into ad-filled intercepts without a stopping period in between??
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I am intercepting your intercepts.

I have noticed it take a very slight bump (not as many heroics, fewer big iso payouts) since the first week or two. Still see a lot though.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Quit your griping if you are on steam you don't even get intercept rewards. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm that's peculiar. It seems like players on both Android and iOS are saying they're still getting them, they aren't getting them, they're getting them but only on one platform, etc.

Regardless, I've brought it up to the development team, and their engineers will be investigating to see what's going on.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:
    Quit your griping if you are on steam you don't even get intercept rewards. icon_e_smile.gif

Really? That's the first I've heard of it.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I went 8 days without one. The rare days they show up it's usually one or two. Got a reply today from a ticket and they told me it is a "know issue". They are working on it.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Brigby I'll be interested to hear what comes of it. The intercepts provided a fairly reliable ISO boost when they were more frequent.

Anecdotally I got three (one failed) in the space of 30 minutes yesterday but today, in a reasonable amount of play time, I'm back to not seeing any. Previously I would have seen more in my morning (UK time) and they would tail off later in the day.