Make Balance of Power a permanent mode?

2»

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I uh... I actually like Balance of Power. Why does everyone hate it so much?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:

Have you seen this forum? People hate EVERYTHING.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Hendross wrote:
    Put a bullet in Balance of Power and pray we never see it again. Worst event evar

Everyone hates Balance of Power because of the insane amount of health to chew through. It means matches are incredibly long and there is more time for a cascade to cause defeat.

Also with the way characters scale post-championing, anything below 4* unless a battery is useless. The old Balance of Power (everyone to 270 before championing) was great because of the variety of teams (minus Juggernaut of course who was everywhere) and the health pools were not so totally insane that matches took forever (they were long but reasonable back then).
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    "Everyone" hates it because 5*s are useless and 4*s are ubiquitous. So there's no way to whale your way to an advantage.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:

Everyone hates it because even a seed match takes ages and because it is very hard for a shard to generate enough points to actually allow people to get 1200. So more work for less rewards.

And it's also not fun since everyone runs the exact same team after half a day when the format gets solved. So it becomes incredibly boring.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    The hilarity if the forum still had downvotes.
    icon_lol.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Combined Arms & Gauntlet excluded from your everything.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Combined Arms & Gauntlet excluded from your everything.

Honestly even the last couple Gauntlets were lousy with "OMFG so much work for one 4* cover? HOW DAER YUO" posts.

But, yeah, I forgot we're obligated to piss and moan about everything. My bad.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Balance of Power. It's my favorite PVP event.

The obsession with doing everything so quickly sucks a lot of the fun out of this game and there's no escaping it. PVP is a rush to shield before the retaliations bury you in the 'one step forward two steps back' cycle. PVE is a rush to clear nodes faster than anyone else. Its why I only dabble in PVP and play for progression only in PVE. I like using more than 2 of my 136 characters, I like playing when I want, and I like playing at a pace that won't burn me out of any desire to play the game.

Balance of Power allows some fun, and potent, strategies come to fruition that normally aren't viable in the win-fast culture of this game. I'm not limited to picking two characters for IM40 or Switch to fuel in order to win in 30 seconds. I don't have to pay skip taxes to find a team I can reasonably defeat, because my opponents are all the same level. There's no ideal team of Required/Boosted/Boosted so if I lose with one team I can simply shrug and play a different team.

Want to know the best part? All of you avoiding the event like the plague. It's easy to place and the people participating are those who would otherwise never get a whiff of a top PVP placement. It's 2-star and 3-star players who, for once, get a taste of what the end game might be like.

So I'm with the OP. Maybe not a 24/7 event like DDQ, but I'd love to see Balance of Power every off-season.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anything should be permanently running, it should be Gauntlet. End of discussion.

They should treat it like the pve equivalent of the pvp sim, run one per season and at the same time, also do seasonal rewards for pve too.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    I really don't like it.
    It's "too democratic", in a game where you struggle to be better.
    And too much health and time consuming.
    That's why I use charachters I don't use in any other event, at least I play with them sometimes.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    People complain because they can't crush 3* or unboosted 4* with their boosted 4* or 5* champ.

Match are not longer, they are exactly the same speed, but you are so accustomed to beat under leveled team that you thing it take longer.

My Peggy is doing 45k per tile, total 135k, enough to kill most of the level 550. Normaly, she do 16k, enough to kill a level 270 4*. EXACT SAME SPEED. Stop complaining because now everyone is equal to you.

This is a great event for people that don't have a full roster, and yes I really like it. Yes I really like seeing half people hiting me loosing, because now the team are equivalent. Yes I like being able to kill any team and just looking for the point they would give me. Instead of skipping 20 time until I find an unboosted 4* team.