[Poll] Super Lightning Rounds feedback VOTE

2»

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lopan15 wrote:
    They took the lightning out of lightning round.
    If you consider that the best strategy for token in sniping in last minutes that is pretty fast gameplay. I would say they are more lightning then ever.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I'm not convinced. I've had to change up my approach and with fewer seeds and longer matches I'm missing the ISO infusion the LRs usually provide.
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I like the idea, but like so many things, the implementation needs work.

It being 20 people is great.
    Only having a single 4* powered up is cool.
    But... The rewards suck. It needs an ISO increase by a factor of at least 5 to justify the effort, or a sizeable increase in drop rate on 2* covers for wins.
    And matchmaking options needs some huge refinement.
    Maybe 5 pins rather than 3, like the sim?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    My main concern is less Iso. I'm down 30k from a normal week of LR. I honestly would like this new format if they could replace the Iso from playing seeds. And full disclosure, I have a champed Carol and have only played like three or four of these this week. It's not worth the time for one token. If this becomes the new norm, then I think I'll be done with LRs for good.

Bottom Line, more work for less rewards is never going to be met with praise. Quite the opposite.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    My main concern is less Iso. I'm down 30k from a normal week of LR. I honestly would like this new format if they could replace the Iso from playing seeds. And full disclosure, I have a champed Carol and have only played like three or four of these this week. It's not worth the time for one token. If this becomes the new norm, then I think I'll be done with LRs for good.

Bottom Line, more work for less rewards is never going to be met with praise. Quite the opposite.

(emphasis mine). I think this hits an interesting point. People with champed Carols are the ones most likely to succeed in this Lightning Round, but they're also the ones with the least to gain. I only have 6 Carol covers, and really want more, but I'm hindered by my relatively low-level Carol! Paradox! hotdog.png
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    I only have 6 Carol covers, and really want more, but I'm hindered by my relatively low-level Carol! Paradox!
    If you want to win more Carols you have to buy vaults with Carols in them. But if you buy the Carols then you won't have to win the Carols because you'll have the Carols you need. So there's no real reason to play... oh wait, there's a new character release! I better buy some more vaults so I can... oh tinykitty, my brain just exploded.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Color me underwhelmed. 20-man brackets were certainly great, and it was nice to have a different character required for once. But that was undercut by just about everything else. The second option in this poll pretty much nailed it.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    So I'll give them an A- for effort. This was a respectable attempt at solving a number of problems:

We spent three weeks without a way to no way to earn covers for one of the better 4* releases. This gave people a chance to pull covers a couple of days early.

We have been asking for a way to re-use 4* PvP events, for a while. The vast majority of 4* PvP events are run once and never again. Ghost Rider during Halloween was a very welcome exception.

Unfortunately, the execution had some major flaws:

Fewer matches, so fewer reward covers and less ISO - but most people covered this already.

The big one for me was the low reward rate. I bought one cheap cover a day, and won 2-3 covers in various rounds. I didn't even get a 3*, just a handful of 2*s. There was no sure way to gain a Carol cover; there wasn't even a high probability. I understand they can't give them away like candy, and I wasn't expecting to be able to finish my 1/2/3 Danvers, but I was hoping for a cover to at least see some progress.