[Poll] Super Lightning Rounds feedback VOTE

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys,

Some SLR in - what do you think. Is this the new gold they have promised or just dusted idea that comes a year too late.

My opinion is this is a sideways step. Not an improvement over the regular LR (and I have got top 5 3 times and top 2 once) - it's less iso, fewer matches (so fewer chances on the 2* cover) and the rewards are somewhat underwhelming (the tokens got me only 2 stars anyway). I wouldn't mind if they are done on days when there are no regular LR but as a replacement - I don't think it's working. Plus boosted 4* kills the ability to quickly clear the seeds (which, most likely, was sadly the developers intention).
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Same issues as any other PvP.
  • Magic
    Played some more, changed strategy and I must say the SLR is growing on me. Two top1 finishes got me 1k iso and 4 tokens (one or two 3* in them but still no CapM). Still - for the time put in this is an amazing return. It requires playing on a very precise clock but is doable and repeatable. Probably not 100% fool proof but good enough. The more I am in favor of alternating this with regular LR (for iso mining).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't play it. I've never been a big fan of lightning rounds. If they ever want me to play them they need to be a available on the weekend. I don't have that kind of time on weekdays on top of normal MPQ requirements...
  • Magic
    broll wrote:
    I didn't play it. I've never been a big fan of lightning rounds. If they ever want me to play them they need to be a available on the weekend. I don't have that kind of time on weekdays on top of normal MPQ requirements...

I agree. That is why my main point to have the regular LR in the current slot and adding this for other days (can be weekend only).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Gave it a solid meh. I've only finished in the top 2 once and had to contend with 5*s , which is no fun. Not ready to abandon the idea all together. I'd like to see what it feels like when using the correct MMR first.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Meh, big disappointment icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a step in the right direction. The old LRs were boring and repetitive, with their boosted 3* heroes. I would like to see more LRs with 4*s boosted as the central star. It should have the regular 38 points per equal-point clear (75 max), and there should be more seed rounds, so you can get a running start with points.

It wasn't great fun to have my first few battles be solid 5* territory for 30 points each, followed by a deluge of defensive losses, when I was only at around 60 points.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh for me. Could be good, but as with everything else in the game, the devs have no understanding of a good ratio for rewards to effort. I placed first and second in two consecutive LR's. The big reward was three 2*'s. I got more than that simply playing the matches.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I voted "meh". I don't think it's an abomination, but I prefer the regular LRs to this.

If they wanted to run this once a season with a new 4* for a chance at extra covers, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have tainted your poll by putting specific opinions on the line with each option. People should explain why they pick what they pick, you shouldn't be doing it for them.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Meh.
    I wonder: What if every opponent is worth a fixed score?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to choose "Meh" but it would be "Interesting" if one round is Super then the next round is Regular. I don't understand the 30min break inbetween.. I guess for the players to rest but everytime I want to play I can't because the event just ended. I would like to see if interchange after one another with no gap inbetween.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Didn't really think much to it, i got grouped with some people with much higher rosters than mine, first round i lost 117 odd in points in the last minute of the round to drop from 1st to 5th so the second round i played slower, got to 1st the high roster started tanking past me, i was behind by about 100 or so points but i thought if i leave it he's hitting more people taking more hits back like i did first time round and lo and behold, round ended and i took 2 heroic tokens he got super slapped..

Kinda defeats the purpose to me, hitting a few people and steadily carrying yourself up and just sticking around 100 or so points behind first place towards the end and kind of baiting people below you to go all out and hit everyone early on but meh its worked for me less effort more rewards...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZommyGD wrote:
    Meh.
    I wonder: What if every opponent is worth a fixed score?

Then I think it would just turn into a game of repeatedly hammer the 2* noob that got stuck in our bracket.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I think with no boosted characters, this turns into a situation where people with better rosters can really steamroll their way to the top, which is fine. It's not really for me as I don't run with championed 5*s and my Carol only has 6 covers. That said, I successfully sniped a bracket and got a Carol cover for my efforts, so I think that's a win. I'd love to see this with characters I actually have championed, and maybe a better MMR.

The whole reduced points thing is weird, and I assume a glitch though.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I voted for option one as the closest. This isn't really what I was asking for--different boosted characters--but it's close. I'm having a great time just playing like I normally do but usually receiving better rewards.

Maybe what we could have is a 3-star villains week, a 3-star heroes week, and then a Super Lightning Round week with a boosted 4-star and just do these on rotation.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'd be enjoying it more if the featured character rotated. I get that they're tying to give us a chance to spend money on the powerful new character. . . but the rotating characters is part of the appeal of lightning rounds.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played for an hour and fifteen minutes and was way ahead in first. Finished fifth.

Was not worth an hour and fifteen minutes of my time. Like most PVPs, it's just a lot of time and aggravation to get crushed at the last second and feel like you accomplished nothing. At least in the other PvPs, you can justify shielding because of the better rewards.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Massive MEH from me.

Not sure why they didn't just update the existing Lightning Rounds to include ALL 3*s instead of doing this. Which is what we've all been requesting for ages.

Oh, and either run them all the time or run them on weekends. Currently they're just another method for people with extreme amounts of time to benefit from the game. Y'know, like every other mode except DDQ.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    They took the lightning out of lightning round.