Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' is bugged. [Fix In R121]

mega ghost
mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
I posted this in the release thread but wanted to post here as well:

I don't know if this was caused by the R119.1 or if it existed since R119 or earlier, but Star-Lord now has a bug in his 'Everyone With Me' ability. In addition to reducing the cost of certain friendly powers by 2 (based on color, cover level, etc.), he also now ADDS a cost of 2 to enemy powers (possibly also based on color?) I was playing against him in a Civil War event node and had Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) on my team. I had her green ability, 'Full of Surprises' full and ready to fire. When Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' countdown appeared on the board, the 'Full of Surprises' AP bar was suddenly no longer full. I thought I must have imagined it until I saw the same thing happen a couple of turns later. I checked out the power and sure enough, the cost had increased to 14.

I decided to test this outside of the Civil War event just to see if maybe it was an unannounced buff to an enemy ability. I used Star-Lord in the DDQ 'The Big Enchilada' node. The first wave featured two Brawlers and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ... Brawlers have a green and blue ability that cost 6 AP each. Cyclops is Red, Yellow Black, costing 10 AP, 7 AP, and 13 AP in that order. Once my 'Everyone With Me' countdown dropped, I checked their ability screens again. Sure enough, the Brawlers' abilities now cost 8 AP and Cyclops' abilities jumped to 12 AP, 9 AP, and 13 AP. 'Full Blast,' the black ability, remained unchanged because Star-Lord doesn't affect black ability costs.

I have some screenshots, if necessary, but you should have no problem replicating it. I'm on iOS, if that has any impact.

D3, if you'd like to compensate me for my time doing your QA, I will happily take a legendary token. Thanks!

Comments

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    You are correct sir. Came to see if anyone else had reported this. Just noticed all my 4* Cyclops powers cost 2 more when that tile is on the board. Certainly makes Starlord more appealing until this bug is fixed.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I'm on android and the same thing happened to me.

Plus, in wave nodes, whenever I fire a power that wipes out a wave, and SL appears in the next wave, SL will fire its passive immediately. As if he was affected by the said power.
  • mega ghost
    I'm on android and the same thing happened to me.

Plus, in wave nodes, whenever I fire a power that wipes out a wave, and SL appears in the next wave, SL will fire its passive immediately. As if he was affected by the said power.

Someone posted something about this happening with Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) too... they cleared a wave, and Deadpool came in the next wave and dropped X-Enforcer in response to the previous wave damage.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, came to report this. Saw my costs go up and started looking for a hidden Peggy somewhere on the other team.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I had the opposite issue where star lord's tile wasn't lowering my team's ability cost. It didn't lower kingpin's yellow to 8, nor star lord's own red tile to 6.they were just unaffected
  • Nabistay
    Well this is fantastic. It lowered my team up ability! X-force cost 6 as a team up!
  • mega ghost
    Nabistay wrote:
    I had the opposite issue where star lord's tile wasn't lowering my team's ability cost. It didn't lower kingpin's yellow to 8, nor star lord's own red tile to 6.they were just unaffected

Was there a Star-Lord on the other team with a tile out? If so, it may have just negated it.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Yep, enemy Star-Lord passive yellow makes friendly powers cost MORE, incorrectly.
    As mentioned this is similar to how Peggy Carter yellow is supposed to work, but Star-Lord should have NO affect on the opposing teams power costs.
    Thanks for posting the bug notice!
  • Nabistay
    mega ghost wrote:
    Nabistay wrote:

Was there a Star-Lord on the other team with a tile out? If so, it may have just negated it.
    Nope. Just my star lord. No peggy Carter, no other star lords.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    What I have also noticed when Star-Lord is on both sides is that only the first passive works.

This is the case:
    - I have fired a power, enemy Star-Lord run his passive which reduced his cost and increased mine,
    - just after that he fired a power, so mine Star-Lord run his passive, but it did nothing, still my powers cost more and his less,
    - when his countdown wear off and only mine was left on the board, the costs went back to it's initial state and mine still didn't work :/

So the current strategy to to fight Star-Lord vs. Star-Lord is to let the enemy team to fire power first :/
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    What I have also noticed when Star-Lord is on both sides is that only the first passive works.

This is the case:
    - I have fired a power, enemy Star-Lord run his passive which reduced his cost and increased mine,
    - just after that he fired a power, so mine Star-Lord run his passive, but it did nothing, still my powers cost more and his less,
    - when his countdown wear off and only mine was left on the board, the costs went back to it's initial state and mine still didn't work :/

So the current strategy to to fight Star-Lord vs. Star-Lord is to let the enemy team to fire power first :/

Exactly. I let the enemy grab the TU AP, they fire the lousy TU ability, my passive goes off and then I one-shot their SL.. easy peasy
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing the same issue. His yellow makes my ap costs go up.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need to figure this out, but used Star Lord in Strange Sights Mordo req node vs Kingpin and Dons. Everyone With Me fired a few times then just stopped. Enemy Don dropping countdowns like crazy, Star Lord does nothing.
  • bluewolf
    Apologies, realized the problem was no open yellow tiles. Working as it should.
  • Zeroborn
    Zeroborn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I don't understand how this is still a problem 2 weeks later...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    In Deadpool vs MPQ, in the Starlord/Khan/Vision essential node, Starlord's yellow power is broken. It's causing MY abilities to cost 2 MORE ap to use, as well as reducing the cost of the AI's abilities. That's unintended behavior, right?? Or is Starlord suddenly top tier, right next to Peggy? Anyone else experiencing this?
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    This is still broken. Didnt realize there was already a thread for it, so I started one this morning...his yellow countdown is doing this in the current DP vs MPQ event, making what may just be the single most irritating node in the history of MPQ even more irritating...
  • known bug. its why they changed miles 4* ddq opponent. of course they leave him in a 4* essential node competing for a new character cuz why not right? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • bluewolf
    I just verified....bug still active. EWM hits other side (both me and opponent) with +2 AP costs. Saw it in DPvMPQ and Simulator.

iOS user, iPhone 7. Using 10.2.1
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    So something odd happened to me, I assume there is correlation here:

In the required 4* node of the deadpool PVE, you face a team of Vision, KK, and Star Lord. Everytime you fire a power, Star Lord places that CD tile that makes his team have cheaper abilities... every ability they fire costs 2 AP less. However, while this tile was on the board, MY powers also cost 2 AP more. When the tile was removed (I don't remember if I matched it away early or if the timer just expired), my power cost was back to normal. This added boost kinda makes him unstoppable, helping his team and holding yours back a-la Peggy.