Civil War Vault

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Has no single pull option, the draw 10 is 1800, and mine is Agent Venom. Going for record levels of being out of touch, are we?

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    Has no single pull option, the draw 10 is 1800, and mine is Agent Venom. Going for record levels of being out of touch, are we?

/cosigned

I was sure they would tilt the "random" wheel toward Carol or Medusa covers, to make the vault more attractive. Maybe they did, and we just got unlucky. Mine's Nick Fury. Not worth it.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Came here to post basically the same thing. Well said!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks. I needed a reminded that the forums, will, in fact, complain about anything.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Iceman. No complaints there. No single pull option and The price increase is disappointing though.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    X-23 for the one color I have at 5. For the first time I had enough hp to buy out the vault its nice having an easy decision to pass.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

Totally agree. Mine has Thing. I might have done a single pull if that was an option, but this vault can go die in a fire with the rest of the recent terrible mini-vaults.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Thanks. I needed a reminded that the forums, will, in fact, complain about anything.

Thanks. I needed a reminder that some players have no idea of value and that's probably why they keep producing these god awful vaults vs improving them. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Green Ice man in my vault which I've been looking for. Decided to go for it with the 10X pull options and hope to get lucky. Ice man cover was the last pull of my fourth 10 pack which also included the Legendary token. icon_rolleyes.gif

RNG at it's finest or a conspiracy?? You be the judge
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish there was a reset option. 10 covers for 1800 is attractive but...my 4* is Cyclops. I'd rather have a cover for a character I need covers for than a champ level.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine has Ant-Man, whom I have at 13 covers but not champed. Disappointed at the lack of a single pull option, but not mad. Mostly just confused. Did the testing show this model to be the most successful? If I'm going to splurge on an expensive 10-pull I need odds better than 1/40, or even 2/40. Now, if there were four 4* covers in there? I'll get back to you when I've got some booze in me.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Blue IW here. So very not tempting.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png .. guess this is what I deserve since I never pull his covers and I have a 0/1/1. It's a pass for me.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a good cover (Peggy)...maybe I'd be tempted at half the price.

The pricing is a little ridiculous on this one.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Mine had a black kate bishop which I needed cause I only had 1. so I spent the HP and bought the whole damn vault out.

to quote John Lydgate
    "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. especially if they are mpq forum members"

Also
    1303823ble5fhlxob.gif
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

Thanks. I needed a reminder that some players have no idea of value and that's probably why they keep producing these god awful vaults vs improving them. icon_rolleyes.gif

Very clairvoyant observation there, given I didn't say anything about the value of the vaults. Rather, I was noting that the event was live for two minutes before someone was on the forums complaining about something. Maybe I should have been more clear.

As for the vaults and their value, I don't think they're worth it, and that they could use some improvement. So I'm speaking with the most powerful tool I have, my wallet, and I'm not wasting money or HP on them. Just because I don't rush to the forums to be first in line to complain doesn't mean I don't also see the problem.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Not a fan of these vaults. Really disappointing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm personally disappointed with these vaults, but they must be working well for D3, since the price keeps going up. Bravo to you.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I saw my 13th cover for Xforce Deadpool greeting me when I opened up the vault. Hit the 40 token option and didn't look back. Once of the heroic tokens had another Xforce Deadpool and the Hail to the King token gave me my 13th Red Hulk cover. Satisfied customer here.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    Mine has Ant-Man, whom I have at 13 covers but not champed. Disappointed at the lack of a single pull option, but not mad. Mostly just confused. Did the testing show this model to be the most successful? If I'm going to splurge on an expensive 10-pull I need odds better than 1/40, or even 2/40. Now, if there were four 4* covers in there? I'll get back to you when I've got some booze in me.

I'd ask if you really think they'd keep going back to it if it weren't successful, but then some players here think D3/Demi have no idea what they're doing in terms of getting people to spend money so I already know the answer to that question. More than likely, what they see when they offer a single token purchase is that more people buy the single token but less people buy out the whole vault.

Edit: To clarify, I don't mean you directly, mega ghost, I'm more talking to everyone here.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Purple Gwen. I can use it... but it's pretty unexciting.