Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    you really need a bit of both to keep this game going

- new stuff = new money from whales
    - fix stuff = keep player base playing
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    only new feature I really really care about is something dealing with 5* dupe pulls. I'm within weeks of having both a 5/1/5 oml and 1/5/5 surfer than will likely never be finished without either paying cp out the smallfeline or a new feature. oml I'm considering. ss not so much. please give me a reason to be tempted by classics again.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Crnch73 wrote:
    as the OP described... no, I do not want "new features" that no one has ever though of or mentioned. The things they sent out the survey on? No one had ever asked for those.

But the things we have asked for? According to the OP, it says those are not what they mean by "new features". So... I want them to release features we are asking for. I do not want them to try to create wacky ideas with the thought process being "Sure, they want a way to not throw away duplicate covers, and they want MMR fixed... let's instead implement a way to send your characters on side missions while you are away!". Give the user base something they are asking for, stop giving us things we aren't asking for.

note: this is not to say I wouldn't accept new features happily. I would just prefer they give us things we want.
    Sorry, but I will be brutally honest here with my opinion. Really didn't mean to offend anyone but it probably will.

Actually, I would disagree with you. A lot of the people in the forums are whiners (I admit sometimes I do that too). They are selfish and want features that only benefit them but screw over the majority of the player base. Many expect a lot for little effort. A lot of the suggestions were kinda not very well thought out. They wanted to fix something but then at the same time it would break other more important things. Some things are supposed to be frustrating, it's just a fact of life. The negative makes the positive better or the saying goes, "you must taste the bitter, before you can taste the sweet"?

Also many of the suggestions, you can't do because it wouldn't make the game any money. Since the game is over 3 years old, I would say the developers are doing a good job. They can't please everyone. What some people want, others wouldn't. I am not saying the suggestions we've made are worthless, but that the developer should pick and choose which ones are feasible. Also I don't mind if they come out with completely new feature based on our suggestions. Yes it will be a hit a miss, but that is life, deal with it!

Personally, i would prefer to fix any bugs that are still left (ie alliance events are always buggy, and don't forget about boss rush, I want a second go without the problems). Finish one thing before starting another.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I agree, I don't think we should get everything we want or demand just because we have said we want them here on the forum. The forums are good for bringing up the issues, but it is up to the devs to decide how to deal with them. For example, I think colorless covers might be too much too fast. But they know the issue is duplicate covers, hopefully they come up with a way to deal with it.

Ideally we would have some small quality of life tweaks and fixes, character rebalances, and new features, while taking a little break on new character releases. I enjoy getting new characters but I would be more than happy taking a month or two before the next one
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Yes, Yes, Yes give me new stuff!!!!!

As long as it isn't characters.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    dsds wrote:
    Sorry, but I will be brutally honest here with my opinion. Really didn't mean to offend anyone but it probably will.

Actually, I would disagree with you. A lot of the people in the forums are whiners (I admit sometimes I do that too). They are selfish and want features that only benefit them but screw over the majority of the player base. Many expect a lot for little effort. A lot of the suggestions were kinda not very well thought out. They wanted to fix something but then at the same time it would break other more important things. Some things are supposed to be frustrating, it's just a fact of life. The negative makes the positive better or the saying goes, "you must taste the bitter, before you can taste the sweet"?

Also many of the suggestions, you can't do because it wouldn't make the game any money. Since the game is over 3 years old, I would say the developers are doing a good job. They can't please everyone. What some people want, others wouldn't. I am not saying the suggestions we've made are worthless, but that the developer should pick and choose which ones are feasible. Also I don't mind if they come out with completely new feature based on our suggestions. Yes it will be a hit a miss, but that is life, deal with it!

Personally, i would prefer to fix any bugs that are still left (ie alliance events are always buggy, and don't forget about boss rush, I want a second go without the problems). Finish one thing before starting another.

I completely agree, meaning that we can't have EVERYTHING we want. And yes, there are many people who are requesting unreasonable things. But let's say for every 10 bad ideas, someone has 1 good idea here on the forums. Collect all the good ideas, then figure out which leads to the most amount of money (or least amount of sacrifice), and start implementing them.

Personally, I believe colorless covers would be bad for the game overall. I believe rosters would get built crazy-fast, and then there'd be no longevity to the game. However, with that being said... I do wish they could figure something out with duplicate cover pulls. Make the sell back price better (1k or 2k ISO is just not fair), or make some sort of program where you can trade in 5 colors of a single character you can't use, and on the 5th one you get to choose an additional color. Sort of like applying experience points to an individual character.

Now, maybe those are bad ideas as well, in some opinions. I am OK with people disagreeing with me. But, I firmly believe we need a better system in place. I am closing in on 2 years playing, and I have spent more money than I'd like to admit (but not a ton of money... just hard to admit I've spent money on an app). My roster, in my mind, does not reflect that of someone who has spent the time/money that I have. This is not a huge deal, as I know it's all part of the game. But it can definitely lead to burnout, and for people with lower rosters than mine, I can only imagine the burnout hits harder and sooner. With so many 4* characters in this game, the means of acquiring those covers is still too rare, and it still can lead to dupes out the wazoo. I have yet to pull a single Ghost Rider black cover, but I have been keeping track... and I am up to 19 of his red covers. So.... that can be infuriating.

TL;DR I agree that some requests are out of control and impractical, but if they are going to make any changes, it should be something someone has asked for, rather than them trying to tell us what is fun.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    viewtopic.php?p=628264#p628264

/\ I think this might reference some concerns, no? /\
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    JablesMc wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=628264#p628264

/\ I think this might reference some concerns, no? /\

hadn't seen that! guess i will keep hoarding my CP to see if any changes in acquiring 5 star take place

to me there are some things that could be fixed easily. seems like they could fix quickly and then get on to figuring new features/harder problems. what comes to mind is that covers in your q should have longer time until they expire
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be frank here: The game is moving in a good direction and has been for a while now. Of course there are problems old, new, small, and large. However it is impossible to deny that we have been getting a lot of improvements in the past several months. I'm comfortable letting things play out. It really seems to me that some of our feedback is getting through and being acted on. That's okay with me.

The deception tells it all. icon_lol.gif
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    U kidding? icon_e_biggrin.gif There is nothing i want more. Seriously, what keeps me playing are championing system and SHIELD + clearance levels. New 4* covers is not really something i would want.
    I think this game drastically need something different that match-3 again and again and again. For what? To get more covers? For what? To get even more covers?
    I have 130 covers in my roster - guess how much of them i use regulary. 20 at absolutely most.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ammenell wrote:
    I want new features, sure, but I would also rather play a game without constant bugs.

Experience shows you can't have both with MPQ.........

This was the common sense that I was hoping to see the most of in here, but alas.