Petition to switch howard's 900 point prog cover.

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It will be purple. Between venom bomb and
His introduction events last spring, most vets have had pleny of chances to earn purple covers.

And those with underleved howards will benefit from just about any cover.

Maybe with enough support from the pkayer community we can get them to change it!

So demi/d3: can you change the 900 cover in howard's pvp event from purple to either blue or green?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. This is my first run at Howard. I was rewarded his purple for Individual and Alliance reward from Venom Bomb. I earned his Blue from the current PVE so I am at 0/1/2. No reason to give another purple at 900 when we haven't received a reasonable chance at Green. It also does not help that my current vault has a Purple Howard.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Please not blue . I have Howard sitting at 4/5/3 . And I have 2 blue in my que. Please not blue !!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    Please not blue . I have Howard sitting at 4/5/3 . And I have 2 blue in my que. Please not blue !!
    Mine is 3,4,5 so let's say it together Go big Green!!!!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I´m still hoping that my 4/3/5 Howard gets his 13th cover in Sub3 of "Webbed Wonder" (at least I have a 67% chance to draw the right color). If not, you´ll have my vote for a color change!
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    No matter what cover it was, statistically about 2/3 of respondents are going to want it changed. More, because those who are already at 5 will have far more incentive to vote.

Counterpoint: Between the multiple ways to earn a guaranteed Howard cover from progression and placement rewards in both PVP and PVE events that have run 3 times now, plus DDQ and the guaranteed cover from his pvp node reward, everyone has had ample opportunity to fully cover Howard by now regardless.

Moreover, this is a gimmick character who is used once every 6 months or so, does not need to be fully or even well-covered when used, is not a top tier character by any means and even if you had him fully championed will always lag behind other characters in strength and usefulness because you don't earn covers for him year-round. He doesn't matter.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:

Yeah too much blue. Mine is 4/5/4 with a blue already in the queue and I dont plan to champ him, so if it is green/purple I would respec, but blue is just more iso
  • Vhailorx
    Yes or No?

Why not:
      • Blue • Green • Pink • Blue or Green just not Pink • Blue or Pink just not Green • Pink or Green just not Blue • Don't care / Doesn't matter to me • Who's Howard?

As for me .... well, it matters not. Have him covered, not champed, don't want to champ anytime soon.

Half the trick of gettibg good poll results is framing the responses properly, right? I think your suggested reponse options might result in a pretty fractured set of results. What do we learn if "bkue or pink, jusy not green" wins with a plurality of 15%?

Fonix: the only justification for avoiding purple now is that demi has gone out of its way to make purple easier to get to date (presumably because a single purple cover can beat howard's crash). That was a good thing at first, but in the long run it will result in imbalanced builds. So if a significant portion of players have 2/2/5 ir sinilar builds, then swapping the prof cover might make some sense. But early returns are inconclusive.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Yes or No?

Why not:
      • Blue • Green • Pink • Blue or Green just not Pink • Blue or Pink just not Green • Pink or Green just not Blue • Don't care / Doesn't matter to me • Who's Howard?

As for me .... well, it matters not. Have him covered, not champed, don't want to champ anytime soon.

You forgot "Waugh!"

Also, you spell Purple funny.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no. One because I don't care because I won't hit 900 in PvP and really don't care about covering Donald, I mean Howard. Also if we had a petition every time someone wanted a reward changed the boards would be a mess. It sucks when you get one you can't use, but such is life.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx wrote:

Half the trick of gettibg good poll results is framing the responses properly, right?

Well that's the trick to getting the answer you want to get icon_lol.gif

There's a blue in PvE progression. The free cover in the last sub is .... I don't remember.

The poll as-is is "Pink vs. NotPink. NotPink should win .... for the same reasons the devs won't bother changing it. Can't make everyone happy, and other colors are on offer elsewhere.

Are you going to demand that i unskew my poll? icon_e_wink.gif

I dont really disagree with anything you are saying. If the poll is 2:1 not purple, then it doesnt really mean anything. But if it was 9:1 for not purple with hundreds of responses, that might make a difference. I seem to recall ice convincing (after an overwhelming statement from players) the devs to switch a JG 1k cover to blue some time in. The late summer/early fall of 2015.

Since howard doesnt sgiw up often, and demi has consistently made purple th easiest cover to get whe, he is around, i was curious to see if there was a player consensus that non-purple would be preferable. But the evidence is inconclusive at best.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those were the good ole days;
    Those were the good ole days;
    The years go by but the memory stays;
    'Cause those were the good ole dayyyys.
    <3
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/3/5. Purple from PVE single/alliance reward (Blue from PVE progression, was 3/2/3 going into event.)

Purple sitting in queue from "Random" PVE drop today. Purple in 15 days from daily drop. And apparently purple from 900 point progression.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the 3/3/8 I'm about to have.

WHY is it that the first thirteen covers have to be a specific color, and the next one-hundred can be any color?!?

WHEN will we finally get colorless covers to apply?!?
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke wrote:
    I´m still hoping that my 4/3/5 Howard gets his 13th cover in Sub3 of "Webbed Wonder" (at least I have a 67% chance to draw the right color). If not, you´ll have my vote for a color change!
    PS: RNG was so generous to give me another purple cover. I've voted for changing the color now!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't believe this sort of thing is still happening. Why don't they just analyse the user base and see which colour is the most rare and give that. It's blatantly not an RNG system they're using; they create a false scarcity and expect us to swallow it. It's tedious and a constant slap in the face.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Can't believe this sort of thing is still happening. Why don't they just analyse the user base and see which colour is the most rare and give that. It's blatantly not an RNG system they're using; they create a false scarcity and expect us to swallow it. It's tedious and a constant slap in the face.

This board is nowhere near big enough for a representative sample. I'd buy the argument if you would/could actually look at the covers given out and see that pink is given out as the a lower level color more often, but most of the time all we get here is anecdotal evidence (people without 5 covers are less likely to post).
  • ClydeFrog76
    They could easily get the info from the game. Every player connects to their servers every day.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    They could easily get the info from the game. Every player connects to their servers every day.

What if the least covered one was pink? How do you know it isn't?
  • ClydeFrog76
    I'd eat my hat.

It's been the most easily obtained since he was released.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    The last wave node in the 3rd subevent gives a randomized Howard. Mine was green.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last wave node in the 3rd subevent gives a randomized Howard. Mine was green.

Mine too, thank goodness.