Level Up buttons - THANK YOU!

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I think the title says it perfectly. Finally, the buttons are perfect. Thank you for listening to our feedback and changing them into what they are now.

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. Thanks Devs.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Wholeheartedly agreed. Thanks, devs.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't log in to view them myself yet, but based on word of mouth and screenshots I feel safe agreeing with this thread.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Agreed, showing the actual amount needed to reach the max is greatly appreciated. Both previous iterations were annoying. No more having to look at other resources to see how much ISO is needed to max people now.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Agree with above - thanks for the change!!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. This is far better than the other version.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Not just the info, but one click = one level. Thank you so much for this!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is better - and I'm nitpicking here - but couldn't they have added a level up 1 level button on top of having the iso slider?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do kinda miss the bar....it was a lot better when they sped the bar up. But even so, this is a great feature.
    My only quibble was when I went to level Howard I saw "Level 132 773" and that was not immediately apparent what that meant. I worked out after a few levels "Oh right, 773 is how much ISO it'll cost." but at first it was a fairly weird number just sat there. Maybe a little clarification?

But returning the big purple button to how it used to be is a fantastic roll back, thank you =)
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure most people would realise the number is referencing ISO cost.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I think the devs deserve one of these on this one....

386716731_bc8f22f873.jpg?v=0
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the buttons now. They are perfect.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Pretty sure most people would realise the number is referencing ISO cost.

Oh I'm not saying it's super impossible to work out, it just took me a few seconds longer than perhaps necessary.
    Literally all I think you need to do is add a little ISO image next to the bolded numbers for clarity.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah designwise it doesn't sit right with me. Even a line to break it up or something or an indented " | "
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming you guys are Steam? There's an ISO crystal on the iOS button.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    So much better thanks for updating these.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I'm assuming you guys are Steam? There's an ISO crystal on the iOS button.

2fzxHls.png

This is what the screen looks like for a Steam user. Perhaps it looks different on iOS?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what the screen looks like for a Steam user. Perhaps it looks different on iOS?

Yes it does. In mobile you have two buttons under the char description. The button on the left is for raising 1 level, and the one in the right to max. Both display an iso icon before the actual iso needed to raise the desired levels. And there is no iso bar anymore. (In mobile the buttons are very similar to the one button you have on steam)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely won't miss the obnoxious epilepsy-inducing flash when a character levels up, though I feel like they could have come up with something a little more muted in its place. Just tapping the button and seeing the numbers change feels a bit unceremonious.

All in all, though, definitely a great change and I doubt anyone will miss the constant "HEY YOU CAN BUY ISO" reminder on the max button.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Jarvind wrote:
    I definitely won't miss the obnoxious epilepsy-inducing flash when a character levels up, though I feel like they could have come up with something a little more muted in its place. Just tapping the button and seeing the numbers change feels a bit unceremonious.

All in all, though, definitely a great change and I doubt anyone will miss the constant "HEY YOU CAN BUY ISO" reminder on the max button.

Yeah, like I said before, the new system is spot on, it just needs a few little tweaks.
    So as you say, a little graphical animation would make the effect seem more interesting. Just a little graphical sparkle over the button when tapped or something.