R119 iOS Users - Do Not Update [Fixed]

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

If you are an iOS user, please do not update to the R119 patch. Players are reporting that after updating they encounter a "Check Internet Connection" error.
The developers are already working on fixing this. I will update this post once a fix has been confirmed.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but thank you for your patience!
Brigby

Edit: Fix is now confirmed. iOS users should now be able to successfully login after updating to R119.

Comments

• Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Is there any way for you to pull the update and rerelease the R118 update?

Lots of people automatically update without checking the forums to see if there are major glitches.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    It might not just be IOS only...just got 2 reports from Line...some Android users are also locked out

Darknes21 (merc)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you do a daily patch to turn off the auto-update feature in the app itself? That way we aren't forced to install the extremely broken update?
  • Beaverskrull
    Beaverskrull Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Are we going to have to wait two weeks for an update, or will those affected be able to benifit from some sort of quick update?
  • Brigby
    Darknes21 wrote:
    It might not just be IOS only...just got 2 reports from Line...some Android users are also locked out
    Are they also encountering the "Check Internet Connection" error? I noticed when I updated, it took up to 30 seconds for the % to finish loading and log me in, but I wasn't locked out.
    JVReal wrote:
    Can you do a daily patch to turn off the auto-update feature in the app itself? That way we aren't forced to install the extremely broken update?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be since I only have an Android device, but isn't the auto-update feature something you can adjust in your Apple store / device settings? I know that auto-updating apps is something that can be toggled in the Google Play store.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Are they also encountering the "Check Internet Connection" error? I noticed when I updated, it took up to 30 seconds for the % to finish loading and log me in, but I wasn't locked out.
    JVReal wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be since I only have an Android device, but isn't the auto-update feature something you can adjust in your Apple store / device settings? I know that auto-updating apps is something that can be toggled in the Google Play store.
    The game itself forces you to update after a while, nothing you can turn off yourself.
    you either update or you can't get into the game.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    so, I am guessing you guys use a different server for testing and that is why this didn't get noticed?
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    I can only speak for myself but the app has updated itself on my device. I didn't have a chance to cancel this update since the app didn't ask for my permission (unlike the former updates where the app has asked for my permission).
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

I encountered the same behavior (delay, not lockout) on my Android. My iOS device is locked out per the known "Check Internet Connection" bug.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering there is a PVE ending today for a limited cover how should players who updated their devices notify D3. Alliances and player awards will end up to be fairly impacted by this.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Any news? Now been locked out coming in for 3 hours - pve t20 probably went up in smoke when my grind got killed and now pvp shield expiry approaching.

roll back to r118 seems order of the day asap if the fix isn't imminent (within the hour)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps something to do with the iOS update that just came out? I think it was just this morning or late yesterday
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    The game itself forces you to update after a while, nothing you can turn off yourself.

I'd like to piggyback this as confirmation. I have auto update disabled on both my devices (Android and iOS), but after a day the game will not allow you in without updating.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:

Usually within a day it forces you to update on iOS, from my previous experience at least.

For those who haven’t updated yet and can still get in the game without being prompted, I recommend taking a screen grab of your Rewards Queue for any covers you’re working toward recruiting, just in case the fix takes longer than expected. That way there’s some record of what you had, in case the covers expire during the downtime.

On iOS it's pressing the power button and the home button at the same time to screen grab.
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Yeah this is frustrating as Howard is an annual event and this issue has materialised on the last day of the event.

Bugs/regressed behaviour in a release I can understand, but unable to start the app at all - c'mon guys!
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I was able to get back in. Hopefully that means the iOS bug is fixed
  • Brigby
    JVReal wrote:
    ...to turn off the auto-update feature in the app itself?
    Sorry for the confusion. When I saw the word auto-update, my mind went directly to Google Play auto-update toggle, as opposed to the forced update preventing build conflicts.

Although the good news is that the engineering team might have found a workaround for this issue, which would mean a new build is not required to be pushed out to fix this lockout. They are currently testing it to make sure it works 100%.
  • Darknes21
    Brigby wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Yes "check internet connection"

Darknes21 (merc)
  • Darknes21
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Perhaps something to do with the iOS update that just came out? I think it was just this morning or late yesterday

IOS update was released about a week ago

Darknes21
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I just talked with someone in my alliance that was locked out and they restarted their phone and were able to get back in. They are on IOS.