What resource is most valuable to you?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP. I'll automatically get plenty of ISO through regular play, but in terms of getting the 5* covers I want and need... who knows? icon_eek.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP for me. I am transitioning to fivestar land, and the only way to do that is with lots and lots of CP.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I put CP for few reasons:

1) though it can be acquired somewhat easily (I can get the 25cp in PVE max progression, at least the 10cp in PVP progression, plus the random drops from intercepts or from beating the hardest nodes in PVP), the amount needed to truly progress in this game still outweighs the supply. In my experience, ISO is always needed, and you always need more than you have... but you can choose where to spend it. For me, CP is only spent on legendary draws (or the occasional 4* cover if you drastically need only one).

2) Technically, by the app's standards, $100 buys you 20,000 HP, 78,000 ISO... or 7 CP

3) I am poor in everything besides HP right now, and I have 113 characters on my roster. So HP isn't needed as badly, and I don't have much to currently spend ISO on.

4) I personally need CP a lot right now. I am cover-starved in my attempts to raise my 4* characters. 5 champed so far, but I keep pulling dupes and I have no fully covered 4* that aren't already champed. So I use my CP for legendaries, and hope RNG is good to me. Because HP and ISO is not as RNG dependent (unless spending HP on vaults) and CP is always RNG dependent unless you are willing to spend more than should be necessary, I feel like CP is the rarest and thus most valuable.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I am hoarding lt's and cp right now while I champ the rest of my 3*'s - but CP is still more important. I use it based on iso flow - but cp is the ultimate most important.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Why is covers not listed? IMO that's the most important resource. Without them none of this matters.
    I didn't list covers because they are what drives all other resources. I also didn't want to dilute the CP vote because CP = covers.

I still disagree that covers are not listed. In my year playing I have teetered between being ISO starved and Cover starved. Those covers were not CP related as I'm not into 4* territory yet.
    It's a given that covers/characters are valuable. The reason that CP is valuable is because you use it to acquire 5* covers. The reason that HP is valuable is because you use it to acquire new covers/characters. The reason that ISO is valuable is because you use it to level characters. Covers/characters aren't a resource, and have no place in this poll.

It's all kinda jumbled and convoluted from a typical resource standpoint because covers can also give ISO, CP, HP, XP, or even more covers. In a pre-champion world I would agree they aren't really a resource, but I still hold that they are a resource. But I'll get off my soapbox and just agree to disagree and ignore this poll.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    What? No option for Critical Boosts? icon_e_wink.gif

In seriousness, ISO is still the driving thing I'm grinding for everyday, though as I expand my 4* champs (24 currently, with another coming in a day or so) I can see that it will switch to CP on the horizon to get those 5*covers, or even to just make sure I can finish a 4* before extra covers expire.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I get the most nervous, when I'm low on ISO, then HP then CP.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    It's HP for me right now. I'm almost finished champing my 3*s, and I'm trying to get as many 4*s rostered as I can before I crack open my CP stash. I have everyone at their level maxes, so I'm just sitting here piling up the Iso, CP and LTs, as the HP dribbles in.

Don't get me wrong; it's coming in at a decent rate, and I haven't had to sell a cover I couldn't roster in a while. It's still the resource I need most right this minute.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    HP, still, because the character releases don't stop coming. Having enough on hand to roster the new character is always welcome.

CP is behind that, because while I have 7 champion 4* and 10 4* at 10+ covers, that still leaves a couple dozen with room to grow. Also, for characters who get to 12 covers and gain an unusable cover from one source or another, having 120 CP on hand gives me options (even if I don't avail myself of those options).

Then ISO. Not to say ISO isn't valuable - it is and I'm in the process of stockpiling back to 300k again - but what I'm finding is that I'm not leveling characters until they're ready to be championed, because otherwise I might fall short of the needed ISO when someone else is ready to be championed.

ISO and CP will eventually trade places as I gain more 4* champions. But for me, right now, the ability to get additional 4* covers > the ability to level those characters.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    As someone with almost 3KK ISO and not enough 4*s covers, for me it's definitely CP (covers). And I even pray for them don't become a 5*, which I have no interest at the moment...
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Don't think anybody's gonna choose XP, since they lead only to Iso-8 (and higher SCLs, but those also only provide more Iso-8 and better covers).

Iso-8 is the resource most people are always running out of.
    HP is only really necessary for slots (and shield hopping, but you do that for the additional CP/Covers/Iso-8).
    CP are only used for 4/5* covers, as are Legendary Tokens (not included), so that's just equivalent to covers.

So Iso-8 it is...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Iso-8 it is...
    So far 54% disagree with you.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, tough one. ISO or CP. I'm going to say ISO just barely edges out CP, since you can also get legendary tokens from Titans and champ rewards. There's never enough of either, but in theory, the game would be still playable without CP. Not so for ISO.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    right now ISO but with 31 3 Star Champions I finally have time to level up some 4's
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I put ISO without thinking, since I always need that.

Of course, CP is the only way to progress in this (horrible) RNG-only progression style, so I'd prefer infinite CP (and have the covers and have to choose what to level) over infinite ISO (to level everything I have but be missing a lot).

I agree with you but I would still vote for ISO. Infinite ISO means the hamster can stop running the ISO wheel and only chase the CP rewards. Infinite CP would still leave us hamsters running the ISO wheel
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP for me.

I feel like I'm in a bit of a sweet spot. I don't whale anything, not in a T100 alliance, don't hit max PvP, and frequently quit at the 4* cover in PvE.

I've been playing for a couple of years now. Have the 2* farm cycling, the first 40 3* champed. I champed my first couple of 4* with the Iso boost last summer, and I've just been gradually building since then. At any given moment, I have 0-2 4* max-covered. I save up Iso until I draw a 14th, or they're boosted in an event I want better prizes for.

With HP coming at an even flow from the 2* farm and 3* rewards, CP is most valuable. I spend it on a classic whenever I pass the 20 threshold. Every cover is useful. If I draw one I can't use immediately I'll hoard until it's done.

It's a nice place to be, because I'm not stressing over who needs Iso. It's whoever gets the RNG nod.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I chose iso. Its the main thing keeping me back for now. I am almost thru champing my fully covered 4*s, have a cover expiring in a week but should be able to champ him. So I need 170k iso in a week. I never really need CP by a deadline so that makes iso feel more valuable. After that I should have just 2 max covered, but in no hurry to champ them. Even without a deadline I need so much iso to bring my lower level 4*s up to 188, where I want to park them.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:
    So Iso-8 it is...
    I was also wrong about no-one picking XP icon_e_confused.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    So Iso-8 it is...
    I was also wrong about no-one picking XP icon_e_confused.gif
    I think it's important to note that I asked what is important at this moment. Priorities change, sometimes from day to day. I could see where XP would be valuable to a new player trying to unlock portions of the game. Couple that with the nice iso rewards and XP starts looking pretty attractive.

I think in the long haul you're right, iso is the rarest substance when compared to needs. But then, a lot of people have expressed that the late-game hunt for 5-stars makes CP the biggest overall prize.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Personally at the moment I would say iso8.png as it helps me to strengthen my characters & to be able to compete. I would love to finish levelling all my character to their max potential & start saving iso8.png & able to drop them into a character when needed without having to scrimp around for them as I'm using them.

A close second on my list is commandpoints.png because it helps to draw better character covers to improve my roster.

Third will be XP because it ultimately leads back to my main priority of iso8.png.

& Finally, ironcially it used to be my high priority, the one resource that I would spend money on, imcoin.png because currently I have an abundance of them, & I only use them for roster slots.