What resource is most valuable to you?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The game rewards (and eats) many resources to accomplish our one shared goal, which is to advance our rosters. Depending on your play style (pve, pvp, both), or where your roster level is at, your resource demands may change over time. I'm sure they differ from player to player.

At this moment, what do you value the most?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I'm at the point of trying to champion 4*'s (8 so far), but majority of the rest are in the 10-12 cover camp so CP for me is the most valuable for moving forward, although it is only slightly ahead of ISO. The ISO machine constantly needs to be fed
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until recently I would've said ISO, but as I champion more and more characters, CP is becoming the only resource that really matters.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    At my 3*->4* transition, HP is my most coveted resource, because I feel like I can't open all my tokens until I roster all the available 4*s. I HATE wasting covers. So I need that sweet, sweet hero points so I can buy all the sweet, sweet roster slots. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm sure when I roster all the 4*s I'll want ISO to make sure I can champ any 4*s I max. (Though, right now I'm sitting on 1.5 million ISO. I'm a patient saver!)

Once I get all the 4*s rostered, I will covet HP again so I can save up until I get enough HP to simultaneously roster the remaining 11 (subject to change every so often) 5*s and then I will open all my LTs and use all my CP to open more LT (I will ask for opinions closer to this whether to put all my CP into Latest or Classic) and roster/champ as many 4/5*s I get.

THEN I will covet CP to keep trying for 5*s.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP and ISO are the only ones that matter to me with a slight advantage going to CP. I can get good amount of ISO (it used to be such an issue couple of months back but now with championing, xp, commercials it's much better.... not good, but better than it used to be) but no so much of CP (rough calculation says 170k ISO vs 70-80 CP per week; not counting championing rewards).

The CP pulls mean nothing if you don't have iso to level the characters but iso alone will not help you cover Captain Marvel or Medusa icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Right now? Definitely iso. Trying to get 4* champs going, restarting the 2* farm, all but Thanos of the 3*s are champed so covers there are just gravy. Making the jump needed from ~100k iso to champ a 3* to ~300k to champ a 4* is huge though. One I could grind out in a few days, the other requires a week or so of diligent effort to get. I don't even do that well in PVP or PvE to get 4* covers, just through SCL and a few tokens here and there I've gotten to this point where it feels like as soon as I get one more done, I hit 13 on another. I'm sure I'll get to a point eventually where I'm more regularly getting champ rewards from my 4*s but it feels a long ways off.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is covers not listed? IMO that's the most important resource. Without them none of this matters.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Covers and iso. It's a balancing act. If I have both, I can get cp, hp, or whatever else is needed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You forgot a resource... Healthpacks. Being "Healthy" allows you to play more PVE/PVE to earn more of these other resources. For instance, I would not have reached 900 in PVP if I didn't have the healthpacks. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dormammu
    broll wrote:
    Why is covers not listed? IMO that's the most important resource. Without them none of this matters.
    I didn't list covers because they are what drives all other resources. I also didn't want to dilute the CP vote because CP = covers.
  • Dormammu
    You forgot a resource... Healthpacks. Being "Healthy" allows you to play more PVE/PVE to earn more of these other resources. For instance, I would not have reached 900 in PVP if I didn't have the healthpacks. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Ah yes, well... health packs can be purchased with those little gold coins, can't they? icon_e_wink.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards

I have tendency to hoard. Especially when I don't understand something, or I'm new. So when I started, I didn't want to use healthpacks as I wasn't sure if I'd need them in the future. Then I never really got into PVP. So mostly PVE. And never optimal. And on and on and on...

I just used 25 healthpacks to get my black MK in Gamora's event. That brought me down to 294 healthpacks.

I fear I hoarded too long icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect that for anyone who has a deep roster (100+ slots) and dipped their toes into the 4* pool (so they can at least compete for 800+ in pvp), cp and iso are the only meaningful resources any longer. (Especially if they spend even a very modest amount on the game)

That is certainly true for me. I can easily earn 1.5k hp every two weeks with a standard 4/6 pve grind on most events and playing pvp up to 575-900 points and using a sibgle shield or less. So f2p can sustain my HP needs without too nich trouble.

Iso would have been my answer up through summer 2016. But demi has now improved the iso flow enough that i can just barely champ a 4* every two weeks if i grind pretty hard. It's not where i want it to be. But it's close to manageable.

Cp is the most important resource for me. It's the only way to get 5*s and now that i have 20+ 4* champs, 5* play is the last great undiscovered countryfor me in the game. (That said, i am actually fairly certain that i dont want to level 5*s past 360 or so until demi improves the 5* transition and solves sone scaling problems).
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Definitely CP. I'm at a point where every character on my roster is capped for the covers they have and I still have 800k ISO banked and only a very few 4* left un-champed. CP is the only way to make any further progress in 5* land.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    For where I am, it's ISO > CP > HP.

I have 16 champed 4*s and 20 max-covered, unchamped 4*s. If you gave me 5 million ISO right now, I could spend it all in 10 minutes and still need more for my 4*s. And I have 5*s that will start to need ISO soon. So ISO is my biggest bottleneck right now.

While I don't need to spend CP to get 4*s any more, I do need it to get 5*s, either through random pulls or saving up to buy covers 720 CP at a time. So I expect CP will become more valuable to me as I move into the 4* -> 5* transition.

I don't spend a lot of $ on MPQ, so while my HP flow is generally positive from PvE and champ rewards, I can't be indifferent and just throw it away on shields or 10-pack purchases whenever I feel like it. So while it's not a bottleneck, I have to manage it properly.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    I've got 10 championed 4-stars, and thirteen non-championed 4-stars with 11 or more covers (most sitting around level 140 for Crash). I simply do not have the ISO to move them up (currently at 200k ISO). It's gotten to the point that I'm hoarding CPs (301) & LTs (7) because I don't want to have to sell covers. The plan is to burn CP after I've got enough ISO banked to move up one or two 4-stars. What's been happening though, is I get a 4-star cover from an event or other token that drives my next 4-star champion, no CPs needed. What's the point in fully covering any four star if you don't have the ISO to move them up?

I'm probably feeling a bit drained on ISO because of 2-star farming and having to move Crash 4-stars from level 70 to 140 every five days. Purchasing ISO simply isn't an option - it would cost $400 to champion a single 4-star from level 70. In any event, I'm starving for ISO.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the 3 > 4 transition with eight 4-star champions and two more that are fully covered. Right now, iso is probably the currency I need the most but it's not going to be long until I'm in a cover deficit rather than an iso one. CP is probably still the resource I need the most.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    ISO first then CP I am at the level where I need ISO so bad I have 4 4* that need championing I have a couple with 10 to 12 covers witch includes Peggy and Thorina it's going to be a long road but with all my 3* championed it can help
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    broll wrote:
    I didn't list covers because they are what drives all other resources. I also didn't want to dilute the CP vote because CP = covers.

I still disagree that covers are not listed. In my year playing I have teetered between being ISO starved and Cover starved. Those covers were not CP related as I'm not into 4* territory yet.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    broll wrote:

I still disagree that covers are not listed. In my year playing I have teetered between being ISO starved and Cover starved. Those covers were not CP related as I'm not into 4* territory yet.
    It's a given that covers/characters are valuable. The reason that CP is valuable is because you use it to acquire 5* covers. The reason that HP is valuable is because you use it to acquire new covers/characters. The reason that ISO is valuable is because you use it to level characters. Covers/characters aren't a resource, and have no place in this poll.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put ISO without thinking, since I always need that.

Of course, CP is the only way to progress in this (horrible) RNG-only progression style, so I'd prefer infinite CP (and have the covers and have to choose what to level) over infinite ISO (to level everything I have but be missing a lot).