MMR needs balancing

13»

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    That is called competition. You know...PvP...player versus player. I'm all for making all the rewards progression (might stop all the crazy sniping and enforcing), but until then, if we are to compete, then let's have competition. The worst team in the nba, nfl, nhl still had to compete against the other teams in the league if it wants to win the championship...they don't mice them into the college playoffs and if they win against them give them the same championship as the regular winners.

Well, let's debunk that it's "PvP", because it's not. We are all playing against an ai that uses the characters select. We have zero control over the defensive matches.
    How would the worst human NBA team do against the best, but controlled by a simple AI? I believe it would go much like it does with us, they'd roll them.
    But that assumes the teams are in the same league. The BEST college players are more often than not average, at best, NBA players. This is more in line with our 4* vs 5* tier comparison. Would the best college team beat the worst NBA team? No, absolutely not they'd get destroyed. They probably couldn't come close to beating the bench team.
    Is it even really called competition putting a college team vs a professional team?

A champed 4* team is a college team compared to a champed 5* team. To call it competition is disingenuous. If it was truly competitive, people wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars to get 5* champed because 4* could get them to the same level. The disparity is real, and quantifiable.
    As a guy who's got a 420 Black Bolt and about 5 championed 4*'s... one of them being the dinosaur... playing PvP feels like I'm a college team playing against an NBA lineup every time. I mean, the terrible AI and the fact that I can start out with a 2-4 point bonus makes it hard to lose, but I can only progress up until a certain point, my roster is like chum in the water to the championed 5* sharks. I'm not saying my team always loses, but yeah, I am. They always lose.