Venom (Eddie Brock) Limited Vault

Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, since this vault yields a Venom cover it was an easy choice for me to keep my HP for something more useful.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I think I would have spent the HP for a green cover for my 2/5/5 Venom but there's a yellow in there. Maybe next week.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    To be honest, they could have done 5 pulls for 100 HP and I would still have to think about it. I mean, one of those covers might end being a Venom cover. shudders

Kidding aside, nope, its an easy skip this week.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Even if they promised he was getting the buff to end all buffs, I'd still have to think about it. So, no thanks, guys.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I would spend my HP only for medusa_icon.pngicon_peggycarter.pngicon_moonknight.png and icon_caroldanvers.png at this moment....
    so NO, thanks icon_razz.gif
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    100 hp a pull and if this was my chance at a 13th Venom cover I still wouldn't buy it. Maybe if it came with 400k free iso.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate that they made it his Yellow cover, his only good cover but unless it was yielding me my 13th cover, it isn't worth it, besides the fact that Venom is bottom tier to me.

However, I might have given it a try with the 1 token pulls. I did this for Spider-Woman, ended up pulling 19 before I got her cover but the point is I didn't even need or want her cover but it was worth the chance. 5 pulls is better than the revised 10 but it's still too costly upfront to try. Go back to the 1 token pulls and I bet you more players will take advantage of it.

I do wish they ran these vaults more frequently. 7 days is too long, it's not going to make me want to dive in, reduce it to 3 or run two at the same time.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do wish they ran these vaults more frequently. 7 days is too long, it's not going to make me want to dive in, reduce it to 3 or run two at the same time.

It is odd really, the only real benefit to them running for this long would be if they offered the daily deals and tempted people in that way, but that obviously isn't going to happen with the current 5x/20x setup, perhaps they hardcoded the duration for these vaults to be 7 days.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate that they made it his Yellow cover, his only good cover but unless it was yielding me my 13th cover, it isn't worth it, besides the fact that Venom is bottom tier to me.

However, I might have given it a try with the 1 token pulls. I did this for Spider-Woman, ended up pulling 19 before I got her cover but the point is I didn't even need or want her cover but it was worth the chance. 5 pulls is better than the revised 10 but it's still too costly upfront to try. Go back to the 1 token pulls and I bet you more players will take advantage of it.

Me too. Sitting on 8K of HP right now, so not exactly starved. And the yellow would give me my 13th Venom cover. But I don#t see myself champing him so I think i'll wait till something comes around.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    This would be his 13th cover, and I have 2 more covers that will expire in a week, so maaaaybe.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    You fools just don't understand a good value. Back in my day you'd have paid 8000cp for that **** Venom and liked it!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You fools just don't understand a good value. Back in my day you'd have paid 8000cp for that **** Venom and liked it!

8000 CP lmao.. I'm pretty sure when Venom was first released you could still buy covers for 2500 HP and we did like that
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already at 13 covers and have sold.off 14th already so this is a no brainer.

Why even put characters like Venom into these vaults. People are begging for more chance at newer 4s. We want Moar Medusa. We want Moar Carol. We would even take Moar Kiki, especially given we won't see thise two in tokens for another two weeks. Instead we get Venom. One of the worst 4s and an old 4 to boot.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope next week's vault has Howard the Duck. Venom is champed already, so this is an easy skip.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Hard pass.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious how sales are for these vaults are doing. I personally purchased single tokens for the initial vaults, but I don't want to spend so much HP for a chance at a 4*, even the best 4*. I love winning 4*s, but they really don't do anything for me. I have plenty of them already.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I hope next week's vault has Howard the Duck. Venom is champed already, so this is an easy skip.

I would think about it for the Duck. He and Devil Dino are the only 4*s that matter!!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is the least interested I've been in one of these vaults yet and that's saying something.

Ironically I'm in a sweet spot right now where I'm strongly considering jumping to 4* land and might have taken this bad deal if it were any of the following:
    icon_punisher.png - greenflag.png or blueflag.png
    icon_ironman.png - blackflag.png or blueflag.png
    icon_peggycarter.png - redflag.png or yellowflag.png
    icon_jeangrey.png - purpleflag.png or blueflag.png or greenflag.png
    icon_thor.png - redflag.png or yellowflag.png
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

75026563.jpg

After you walked 8 miles in the snow, uphill both ways to get it right? icon_lol.gif
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

They did during the holidays and people complained that they were too frequent and they couldn't save HP enough fast to buy from them. Regardless of how they do them, they're kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only time I'd ever pull from these vaults is if the 4* were the complementary color in a 5/5/x scenario.

I haven't really used Venom. I like the character and kind of enjoyed him under the release loaner, but he's not a priority character.

It's a lot of HP to guarantee that cover. The rest of it is incremental progress at best, not worth 3.5 roster slots. I'd rather start duping 3*.