Not sure what's going on with Lightning Rounds, but...

2»

Comments

• Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I spend all my iso as I get it, I'm constantly at 0. I used to earn roughly 2000-2300 per round including selling covers, it's been down the last few weeks.

I agree with the suspicion that the 2* farm was a little too quick and a tweak was made, but I guess it could be just a long bad streak.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNGesus might be drunk.

Why, you ask?

Well, I finally had a lightning round with one 2* drop, let alone (*drumroll*) four.

"But DFiPL," I hear you protest, "that's not proof of intoxication."

Yeah, yeah, but all four were Fireball.

Fireball%20Cinnamon%20Whiskey.bmp
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Are two star farms still worth it if this keeps up.
    Of course they are.
    Turnover time just increases by a few weeks.

True, but one of things about the 2 farm is the high turn over rate. If people have to sell a x 6th power cover because they can't champ their 2s fast enough then we're right back to where we were before the 2 star farm became a thing. Why invest into rotating 2s when we're having to sell those covers because we can't champ them fast enough?

That was the main benefit to the 2 star farm after all. They provided a reliable means of providing an iso boost to champing our 3/4s. The rewards were a big bonus, but taking that away through two of their primary means of accumulation severely takes away from the appeal of having a 2 star farm. Why invest in a farm if it takes 2-3 months to turn over when those resources can go directly into champing your current roster?
    I just sell off the maxchamped two-star when a cover for the dupe is about to expire, then apply as many covers as I can from my queue. Works pretty well. If that's not an option for you, you could Always invest in a roster spot or two for replacement two-stars so you can keep the maxchamped version until the new version is ready.
    Also, I suspect that XP is partly to blame for this too. Two-star farms is an excellent source of XP after all, and I suspect the devs don't want people leveling up too fast.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Also, I suspect that XP is partly to blame for this too. Two-star farms is an excellent source of XP after all, and I suspect the devs don't want people leveling up too fast.
    Because we might have enough people to finally roll out CL9 this millennium?
    Cause we can't have that, of course.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Because we might have enough people to finally roll out CL9 this millennium?
    Cause we can't have that, of course.
    I'm thinking more of the extra ISO we get from leveling up. Can't have it flowing too fast.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    One round yesterday, 9 matches. Got 8(!) star.pngicon_storm.pngblackflag.png in a row. No more comments.