Not sure what's going on with Lightning Rounds, but...

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
for the last month, whether it's Villain or Heroic week, 90% of my seed fights have yielded 70 ISO. 2* covers have all but evaporated, I've not seen a single 250 ISO reward from Lightning Rounds, and that 10% has been split between the few 2* covers I've seen and the odd 140 ISO reward.

The rest has been 70 ISO.

I know there's been a thing about the difference between Villain and Heroic (most seem to think the drop rate is worse on Villain while my experience has been a low drop rate on Heroic and a solid one on Villain) but this seems like a new thing entirely. Is it happening to anybody else?

Comments

• Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Yes, I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I am seeing the odd 250 iso but I can count the 2* covers I get for the entire three days on one hand.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Yes a lot of people noticed this too, there was a thread about it somewhere.

For me, the change happened the same time the 2XP came out for each successful PVP fight.

I play about 10 LRs each day, and for the past 3 weeks, I probably gained 6-10 2* covers. That's an average of 1-2 per day.

The 2* farming has grinded to a halt as a result...
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Same here. I try and play as many LR as i can and i noticed these past 3 weeks i've been getting mainly 70 iso, 1* covers or 140 iso. I get a few 250 iso or 2* covers but definitely less than before. I noticed it started about 3 weeks ago including this week.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Yup. The biggest crime? My Bagman is at 138. The end was in sight then the devs turned off the faucet. The monsters.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    This stealth nerf to LTS and Standard tokens is going to bit the devs in the behind. They set up the system. Now they're going to take it away in a pretty cowardly manner where they hoped no one would notice.

Are two star farms still worth it if this keeps up.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    CONFIRMATION BIAS!!!! How dare you insinuate it's not random.

*Wee-ooo wee-ooo*
    "All the people in this thread that dares to challenge the game RNG listen up. This is the RNG integrity police, you're all under arrest. Exit the thread peacefully or we'll be FORCED to send in our elite team spearheaded by FightmasterMPQ to shout you down and report your thread for locking!"
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    Is it happening to anybody else?

Was reported here too

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57064
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Of course they are.
    Turnover time just increases by a few weeks.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you guys think you would just get intercepts for free?? icon_rolleyes.gif

There's always a nerf with every good new thing that happens! That said, I'm on steam... icon_cry.gif
  • JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Twysta wrote:

There's always a nerf with every good new thing that happens! That said, I'm on steam... icon_cry.gif

You don't get intercepts from PVP...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard the feedback from the devs!!

Developers: Lightning Rounds? What's that? OMG we never noticed these are still running! Someone turn them off now! We cannot allow the players to acquire additional resources.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    JONofWAR wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

You don't get intercepts from PVP...

That doesn't change that you still get intercepts from playing PvE.
    Demiurge don't discriminate.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Noticed the same thing over the last 3 weeks or so.
    Also, a LOT more runs of the same exact cover (char and color).
    example:
    3 OBW black (only 2*s I've seen this week)
    4 hawkeye 1* red
    3 spiderman 1* red
    2 hawkeye 1* red
    2 spiderman 1* red
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think alot of the changes happened when they took away LR tokens.

Let me ask you the question in a different way.

Do you think the LRs are dropping 2* at a worse rate than regular pvp.? I would say no, I'm getting roughly the same number of 2*/match from LRs or PvP. Its just that all the lrs happen in 2 days and each lr has around 10 seeds or so. and scores and seeds reset every 2 hrs so you can log a ton of matches against seeds, and not care about the actual scores.

Are LRs worse than before? Yes. Are they worse than the pvp drop rate? no.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Something definitely changed about 3 weeks ago. 2* drops in LRs have dropped to almost none. The only 2s I can count on getting from them now are from the heroic tokens.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    CONFIRMATION BIAS!!!! How dare you insinuate it's not random.

*Wee-ooo wee-ooo*
    "All the people in this thread that dares to challenge the game RNG listen up. This is the RNG integrity police, you're all under arrest. Exit the thread peacefully or we'll be FORCED to send in our elite team spearheaded by FightmasterMPQ to shout you down and report your thread for locking!"

It isn't confirmation bias if it's reproducible. Learn2statistics.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I was actually actually coming on here to start a thread about the same thing. Seeing the same decrease in rate as everyone else. For reference, I play about 15 LRs per week to at least t50
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Of course they are.

True, but one of things about the 2 farm is the high turn over rate. If people have to sell a x 6th power cover because they can't champ their 2s fast enough then we're right back to where we were before the 2 star farm became a thing. Why invest into rotating 2s when we're having to sell those covers because we can't champ them fast enough?

That was the main benefit to the 2 star farm after all. They provided a reliable means of providing an iso boost to champing our 3/4s. The rewards were a big bonus, but taking that away through two of their primary means of accumulation severely takes away from the appeal of having a 2 star farm. Why invest in a farm if it takes 2-3 months to turn over when those resources can go directly into champing your current roster?
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Of course they are.

True, but one of things about the 2 farm is the high turn over rate. If people have to sell a x 6th power cover because they can't champ their 2s fast enough then we're right back to where we were before the 2 star farm became a thing. Why invest into rotating 2s when we're having to sell those covers because we can't champ them fast enough?

That was the main benefit to the 2 star farm after all. They provided a reliable means of providing an iso boost to champing our 3/4s. The rewards were a big bonus, but taking that away through two of their primary means of accumulation severely takes away from the appeal of having a 2 star farm. Why invest in a farm if it takes 2-3 months to turn over when those resources can go directly into champing your current roster?

And the last sentence is the answer to your question. 2*farms are not working as intended from the dev-point, too good rewards, too high cyclerate with old pvp (esp lr-)droprates. So they did what was neccessary: lowering the droprates. But not telling anyone.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    just received 4 consecutive 2* mag purple from seed teams. yesterday, I got 4 yelena black in a row. last week, I got 5 1* venom black in a row.