Have Mythics Become Crutches?

Options
2»

Comments

• tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So the first 2-5 armors make you stronger, but after you put up your fifth/sixth armor, tuareg style, the deck starts to become sluggish and require long waiting times to interact with your opponent/the outside world. The Comparison seems fitting.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Odric
    I like him in my Whitewall deck: DtG + Linvala + Avacyn + Odric. I utilize this deck for all of the "take less than X damage" objectives. Obviously Linvala is great due to her Regeneration, but Odric is the key in keeping the opponent's board clear.

I think if Odric applied Haste that would put him into the "worth the mana"/"okay this is op" zone. Right now I can't justify him outside of being Deployed.
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    RhysMarkov wrote:
    And while OP is kind of the point of mythics...
    Dreadwaters, and Pyromancer's Goggles exist. Just saying...

Dreadwaters was my first mythic icon_e_smile.gif

A lot of you newer players may not know this but Dreadwaters previous to its nerf and the nerf to Jace's second ability was one of the most abusive cards in the game. Once it hit the table you were never going get anything else on the table. Also don't forget the nerf to Harbinger it came at the same time.

Combo was drop 6/6 harbinger bounce opponent creature cast Dreadwaters, which was 5 traps that were -6 mana to opposing player mana pool recast for free with Jace 2nd ability build loyalty and recast. Also if you were saving up mana further down in your slots it would strip all mana from all cards not just the first slot.