Favorite animations

Shmoe50
Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all! I know animations are not overly popular on the forums, but I have to say that Riri's red animation might be my favorite one in the whole game. It clearly lets you know that someone is getting hit right in the face, but does not take forever. What are your favorite animations?

Comments

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Devil Dino purple is the only correct answer.

Or I guess Devil Dino pink if you're one of those people.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Nova's yellow (I think), the one where I imagine he goes "Pew! Pew! Pew!" everytime.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Living Legend, hands down. It's like Eastwood picking up a gun again in Unforgiven, sheer awesomeness.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favorite animation is old school - Thor's yellow. It's fast, has an awesome sound effect, and Thor looks like he's launching through the air to land a devastating blow with Mjolnir.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    4 Pun's Merciless Charge takes a little while but perfectly captures the power.
    Living Legend is excellent.
    Embiggened Bash is quick, damaging and to the point.
    I always liked the sound and speed of Iron Fist's purple when he has 12 black AP.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stupid Sexy Cyclops.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still like cmags red - I got u by the balls...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When my OML pulls out his claws...

Also, Medusa's animations are pretty sweet. I played against her boosted champed in pvp, and she totally crushed me very quickly.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always liked Ares Red Power, the sound is great and it looks like he's hitting the whole team with his axe.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    /waves tiny little arms
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Army of squirrels!
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking of this topic the other day. My favorite of all time is Ghost Rider Black (penance stare). By far the most evil and coolest looking animation. Second to that would be Red Hulk (gamma siphon)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    I always liked Ares Red Power, the sound is great and it looks like he's hitting the whole team with his axe.

Ares in general is pretty solid. All his powers give me this appropriate 'Oh, ****' feel when an enemy uses them (without being quite as annoying as Juggernaut's headbutt). I like his green animation best, but I also finished a lot of battles with that power back in my 2* days.

I think my favorite animation in the game right now is Medusa's Entanglement. It has a great sound and is right in your face. It feels like it should do more immediate damage for that, but it will **** you up over the long term at least.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Penance Stare is solid.

Righteous Uppercut and Unibeam are cool because they actually look like they are hitting the target.

I also like it when AntMan throws his punch.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Full blast from 3* cyclops, as you know immediately from that animation that *someone* is gonna get messed up
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Righteous Uppercut actually hitting the targetted enemy's portrait is awesome.

Nova's black when he spins out of control always gets a chuckle out of me.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Man, maybe I should turn my sound back on so I can hear some of these sound effects. I just have a hard time with the tinkling glass sound when making matches.

I too enjoy a good penance stare. My fave though is watching PX's head drop out of the sky and wham you. It always makes me think of the Giant Floating Baby Head from Phineas and Ferb. Don't judge! I know you watch it too! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    falcap dive bomb!

nova pew pew!

funniest one to me is the black bolt confused face of disgust ( greenflag.png )
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Seeing naked Howard hiding himself among a bunch of ducks is pretty funny but I rarely use him. I like Kamala's Embiggened Smash. Short, lots of damage, and if it gets the win I think it's synchronized to flash the victory banner the same time that the fists hit full extension.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Far and away, Kate Bishop's blue. I requested a wallpaper of that move, but they never got back to me.

Runner up to HB red, it's always so fun to see him going punchy punchy.