Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Mr. Fantastic

Options
124»

Comments

• Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mr Inadequate vs Doom is such a **** punch of a match. You deny purple? He drops black and you get DoT to death in a few turns. Deny black? He makes it himself with blue. Deny blue and black? Here come purple to nuke you. And thas assuming you can deny since we all know how the AI seems to pulls healthy AP cascades out its **** like a deviant magician. But hey, "confirmation bias" right?
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have had the worst run of luck with this. I started off with 20+ of +2 stockpile all colors with my 209 Mr. Fantastic. I'm down to one. The boards have been obscenely bad. There's such a dearth of blue... but it seems like every time Doomie needs it, he gets it. There was one time that I thought I had a good shot, but then the board dried up and he got Summon Demons into places I couldn't reach. It also doesn't help that Reed hits about as hard as my son did when he was a baby. Very peeved here.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I beat the node on attempt number 15 or so. I lost track of how many attempts there were, actually. Lucked out with a consistently purple-poor board, and was able to match away a ton of black, which really keeps Doom at bay. It seems that's the only way to beat him. I tried - almost literally - everything else.

Mr. F is not a solo character. Period.

(Oh -- and got a 4* Luke Cage yellowflag.png for my trouble, which is fine.)
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Options
    5 tries with a L152 1/2/4. Not ideal. Consistently used 2 BG AP, 2 all AP. Switched to 100% BP match boost when I ran out of all match boosts.

Won when I managed to set up huge cascades and match 5s with one Imaginaut tile out. Up to that point the losses were pretty pathetic.

First time ever I won this Crash.
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dumped the ISO to take my 4/2/2 from lvl 70 to 168...0/16 and counting. Lowest I've gotten Doom down to has been 3K after getting lucky and getting hit with two purples with only 1-3 traps out each.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not going to bother with this, only have four covers for him so hopefully the next crash will be easier
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took my 5/3/5 Mr. Fantastic to level 188 for this one just to get some added health. Beat Doom on the second attempt, no boosts.

The first try, I had Doom on the ropes, about 2K health left with an Imaginaut tile out, but it had been a prolonged match and he finally got his purple to one-shot me from 8K (Mr. F has over 9K at level 188) - I'd been healing back to full a lot because blue fell from the sky for me.

Second attempt was good enough. I got Imaginaut a lot earlier in the match, stunned him a couple times, and while I ate a few demon punches to the face towards the end, I still finished over 6K health.

Mr. F is not a great character, but I actually kind of liked this fight. It's the puzzle-y ones where I can't just one-shot nuke the other guy that makes these fun for me. I might just be luckier on board composition because it feels like I win these with relatively low level and no boosts, but strategy does have a big hand to play.

purpleflag.pngicon_miles.png for a reward. He's 5/5/3 level 131. I hadn't planned to champ him, but I have the ISO... it's him or Professor X that are fully covered with spare covers on the vine... hmm.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After facing loss after loss, I decided to call it quits with my 2/2/3 level 140 Reed. This 4* crash is like super hard. Preventing Doom from casting his demons is practically impossible because he WILL get black, even if you try to deny it; either directly or through his blue. And if you can deny it enough he is bound to run into enough purple for an instant kill (because by that time just about every purple tile will contain his traps). Even if I got Reed's black out, it never lasted more than 2 or 3 turns, not helped by the fact that it is placed randomly.