Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Mr. Fantastic

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom seems to have 4 black and blue covers this time around, unsure about Purple. Might be 4 covers there too... My first attempt failed miserably, but I'll try again later.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup, called it.
    They removed one cover on Doom, which doesn't make enough of a difference to make this any easier.

My champed Stretch was down to 3K when I finally whittled Doom down.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yup, called it.
    They removed one cover on Doom, which doesn't make enough of a difference to make this any easier.

My champed Stretch was down to 3K when I finally whittled Doom down.
    Coming in to post pretty much this exact comment. My Mr F is LVL 271, and he had about 3K health left at the end of the match. I used +2 blue, +2 Black and +2 All AP to start. Doom's first six matches were in his colors, which really didn't help my case much. Doom managed to activate all three of his abilities at various points in the match, although I was able to mach away three of the red attack tiles very quickly.

Once I got Imaginaut out, the red, yellow and green tiles started to appear. I think I ended the match with over 25 red and yellow, with the timer on Imaginaut at 7 thanks to a couple of really nice cascades.

LT stockpiled for when I finish champing the four stars that have 13 covers...
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Stretch at lvl 180 succeded with 927 LP left.....I have been lucky because this is one of (or better THE) most difficult battle in Clash of Titans. Doom managed to hit me once with his purpletile.png and deplete my life bar, but Mr.F survived icon_lol.gif
    Now I am exhausted icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ended taking my 535 up to 200 for my 5th go with boosts coming out my ears, scraped through in the end thanks to a purple light board that gave me time to get some powers out.
    Got a green for my already 5/2/5 X23 to further compound the distasteful experience.

At least I did it this time.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thx for tuning this down guys

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I took 3 tries but I got there in the end with my lvl 160 - 3/4/5 icon_mrfantastic.png (not having 4 blueflag.png makes it tough as the 1 turn stun is just not enough)
    First 2 tries I was obliterated but I got a very good board for the 3rd try and managed to keep pink/black away while whittling him down. Finished with nearly all of my health as on the last few turns he keep matching the protect tiles.

The reward for my effort redflag.pngicon_ironman.png = champion level
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 272 Reed here. I went with +2 blue, +2 all, 100% damage.

It STILL took three tries, and even then it was luck on getting a lot of blue early to keep Doom stunned. Ended with around 9000 hit points remaining with Doom about to unload his purple and red.

Got a needed black Totes Hulk for it!
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tried it once and icon_doctordoom.png laughed in the face of my LVL 111 1/0/5 icon_mrfantastic.png. Think I'll leave it at that and hope for more luck next time
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 attempts

1st with my level 120 5/3/5 with no boosts. Lost.

2nd raised him to 140 and added all color boosts necessary.

Got a pretty lucky board where doom wasn't making any purple matches. In fact, only power he got off was one summon demons. Pretty much was able to keep him stunned the entire time and threw several imaginenauts at him. Health never dipped below 5k, just was a boring fight since every thing was match damage pretty much.

Got a champ level Fisk continuing my streak of not pulling 5s from latest legends.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is champed, lv 274, 5/3/5. I was lucky to beat him on the first try. Did a Black Attack and luckily it didn't ever get matched away, sometimes occurring more than once per turn. Also did some blue stunnas, and everything came up roses.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: 0-for-16 with 2/4/5 lv133 Mr. F.

This time, won on my 4th attempt with 5/3/5 lv133 Stretcho, +2g/bk, +2b/p, +100% damage. Fight is still annoying, and I feel fortunate that I won when I did.

Strat is simple: since Reed has no nukes, you have to beat Doom with match damage, preferably accelerated by his black. Hopefully you'll get a few blues as well to to slow him down and exert a little board control.

At low levels with only 6-7k health, denying purple is a priority, because if Doom fires it once, it'll eat most (if not all) of Reed's health. Next priority is black, because that will boost your damage and keep Doom from laying out attack tiles.

Denying stuff wasn't really a problem for me, because in typical Crash style, every board was overloaded with colors I couldn't use. I managed to get off two blue stuns on my first attempt, but the fight takes so long that a few 3-turn stuns are a drop in the bucket, especially if there's no black or blue to grab while Doom is stunned. I got two black CD tiles down, and both times Doom just magically cascaded them away. He eventually got off a purple and that was it.

My second and third tries, Doom cascaded into lots of purple and black matches, and I ended up just retreating both times to save health.

My fourth try, I put down a black CD early and was able to completely deny purple. So I was able to whittle him down at a decent pace, and even snuck in a blue stun to get in a few turns of free damage. He still got off a blue and a black, so I was down to 2k health when I finally beat him.

reward: purpleflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngThanos_Icon.png now 0/1/1.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just played a test game with my Level 139 1/3/3 to test the waters.

He got off a black and managed to kill me quickly with 13K to spare. Don't think this one will make much difference boosted.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/0/4 lvl 147. Took about a dozen or so tries, but finally got a purple light board with an early imaginaut. Even with only one demons, it went down to the wire. redflag.pngicon_falcon.png for my efforts made me icon_e_sad.gif
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Tried once with my level 94 4/2/5 and failed miserably. I really don't want to use ISO on him but I guess I should to get the LT
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Took 3 tries lvl 201 4/3/5.

I tried to use all damage boost, but the game crashed and ate my boost wasted health pack Thanks developers.

Playing on steam do i get to use intercepts or something relative, nope.

The LT gave greenflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngThanos_Icon.png 0/0/2
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haven't posted in ages but wanted to reiterate how useless Reed is in Crash like everyone else has already mentioned.

2/5/5 Lvl 200 (awful luck with covers I don't want/had some ISO to burn when I was drunk one night, lol) was useless on 9/10 tries. In this config, low chance of healing from protect tiles, one turn stun and still worse match damage with imaginut than Vision Heavy...a 12 cover 4* should be semi-functioning...

I thought the devs acknowledged how OP Dr. Doom is vs. Reed and was going to knock him down to at least level 220.

Back to the unused pile, Reed! Your one day of play is done!
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 229 3-5-3. Haven't even gotten that close in 7 tries. With boosts, without boosts -- doesn't matter. Reed simply does not have the firepower. If Doom gets one of his powers off -- any one -- the match is probably over.

I really don't think that a character 2 covers away from max should struggle in a Crash this badly.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Beat it on my 5th try (i think) with my 3/5/3 lvl 140 Mr. F. Got very, very lucky. And then more lucky: Dr. Strange 5*!

Only cared about matching blue and black. He fired his purple at one point and almost killed me.. ended up winning with <100 health

Edit: Boosts used were +all stockpile, +blue/purple stockpile, +blue/purple damage
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 175 3/5/4, boosted +2 B/P, +2 All, +50% damage. Took me 4 tries. Got lucky on the last one. He got a purple off but there were only 2 traps on the board. Baited him into matching 2 of my blue shield tiles for the extra bump in health.
    Best advice I can give is deny purple as hard as you can, don't worry too much about denying him blue/black (although obviously you're going to want to be matching those for yourself).
    Good luck, this crash sucks.