At which stage is MPQ the most fun?

2»

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    For me it was the game before 5*s were a thing, every 4* has some counter to the more powerful ones. 5* just kind of ruined everything fun and experimental about it, once I got usable 5*s I just used them and it was the same 3 teams over and over and over.....and over. When I was full 4* I had fun with different teams and experimenting with different sim teams and PvP teams depending on whos PvP it was.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me it was the game before 5*s were a thing, every 4* has some counter to the more powerful ones. 5* just kind of ruined everything fun and experimental about it, once I got usable 5*s I just used them and it was the same 3 teams over and over and over.....and over. When I was full 4* I had fun with different teams and experimenting with different sim teams and PvP teams depending on whos PvP it was.

One of several reasons I don't care about any of the 5*s I have.
    I haven't spent a single ISO on any of them. Got at least one cover for each 5*, but I don't really care to use them. I'm happier building up my 4* roster. It's not like that's going to be finished any time soon.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think there was actually a single stage where MPQ was the most fun for me, I found that in each tier you would hit a point where you have a good balance of progression and roster diversity and that is when the game is the best for me as you have a wide selection of characters and your rewards are rarely wasted, the least fun is during the various tier transitions.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just like life, I find it becomes more fun the older you get.

A year ago, I was always hitting around 1500 points in pvp, living large, earning lots of OML covers, in a top alliance and a shield check room, but it was also very stressful needing to commit to beating pvp three times a week, and I didn't enjoy it very much.

Now, I'm in an alliance where it's very easy to rotate in an out of their competitive and casual teams (they place you according to how well you did the last few events), so there's no pressure to spend more time playing that I'm able to at my current stage in life, with large work and family commitments. I miss being able to hit max prog easily, but on the other hand, I'm earning more cp and LT through championing, so I'm still doing okay.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I was well into 3* land and both my Cage and IF were quite under covered. At this time, that meant PVP was pretty much a no-go.
    Luck had it that both those guys were maxed relatively close to each other and suddenly the game was totally different. That was a great time.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it was after I got a good 3* team to 166. I then could reliably get through the Big Enchilada on DDQ. (Maybe it was a little before, since I remember rolling with CMags, Punisher, and OBW fairly regularly). Anyway, that stretch was amazing. Almost every day, there was a feeling like you could make progress. There was none of the annoyance of that character being stuck at 5/5/2 for a year, with RNG withholding that prized draw, or giving covers that are on 5. Eventually, you knew that cover would come around in the rotation, so it was all good. It was basically the fix for all of the problems that are now back again in trying to move forward with 4* and 5*'s, with characters stuck at the same level for months and that kick in the teeth of playing a 7 day event for a random pull, only to sell it for 1000 ISO.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying it more right now than I probably ever have. 2* farm active, 3*s all champed with a few approaching max-champ level, and closing in on 30 4* characters championed (2 to go). I'm on day 530-something, I think.

The majority of covers that come in (2 and 3 star) give me champ rewards. I've got enough 4*s champed that I'm not constantly scrambling for ISO to champ them before covers expire; I can just do my PVE clears whenever for ISO and then get my 900 in PVP, and champ more characters as they show up in rewards. I've crossed the 200k banked threshold twice in the last month, whereas the only time I ever did that previously was when SHIELD ranks were introduced.

My only real beef currently is that the recent changes to PVP made it unfeasible to shoot for 1200 since I have no champed 5*s, which has greatly slowed down my CP accumulation. Just hoarding for now and hoping a fix to the mess that is Classics comes out in the next few months.