Command Points in SHIELD Intercepts? Really?

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have the -TOTAL- amount of rewards they've received in intercepts so far?

That's what I've lost out on -ALREADY- as a steam user. They've been up what - two months? And users mostly report they are getting around 5,000 ISO/day...that means I'm THREE-HUNDRED-THOUSAND ISO behind already, simply for "using the wrong platform".

That's essentially an entire 4* champed behind! I keep reading folks say "ISO has been fixed"....NOT FOR STEAM USERS!

FREE STEAM ISO!

(see sig)
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:

They should let you migrate your account from Steam to a mobile platform since they seemingly can't sync, but beyond that I don't know what anyone expects.

This is the one thing they can do and will not do. Had my first and last tangle with their godawful customer service about this, since I made the jump from Steam to Amazon icon_e_smile.gif . I know, I have just the best luck.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    This is hyperbole. It's a small advantage, and it honestly doesn't affect competition much at all. If all of your competitors on mobile platforms are getting so much more ISO than you and leveling their characters up faster, then guess what! (Unless I fundamentally don't understand how this game pairs up players) Soon enough they're not even in the same bracket as you and you're not even competing. In fact, if the difference is truly significant, intercepts have now been in place long enough that these players should have all left your bracket and you shouldn't even be encountering them.

You *do* fundamentally not understand. Scaling works by average levels and covers of the top part of your roster. That means that any Iso spent on anything not in the top of your roster will not affect your scaling, despite the fact that it improves your versatility and staying power in competition. This results in looooong plateaus where players can spend millions and millions of Iso without moving away from their "peers", while still gaining an advantage over them.

Moreover, look at it from a design perspective. There's a certain pace of progression that is fun. When the designers tune the game to find that balance by taking Intercepts into account, then that works for mobile players but leaves Steam players at a step below "fun". Everything happens 15% slower in Steam-land, and the game will never be tuned to make progression happen for us at the level the devs have decided is "fun". There will never be any competing against mobile players, because even the ones coming up behind us will eventually pass us just by virtue of their platform. There won't ever be a time when we've all fallen so far behind that all we're competing against is each other (even if such a thing were desirable, which it isn't).

What is happening to us isn't all that different from our accounts just being sandboxed. It's just happening in dribs and drabs instead of all at once.