Command Points in SHIELD Intercepts? Really?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Helped my girl beat the essential fight in DDQ on Android, and her intercept reward was 1 CP.

Could you try just a teensy bit harder to **** on Steam users? Not feeling denigrated enough yet. I feel like you can do more.

Maybe start dropping 4* covers in the Intercepts?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're really rare.

Since intercepts started, I have gotten maybe 5 total.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Maybe start dropping 4* covers in the Intercepts?
    Uh... You do know that Heroic tokens are also a reward, right? And Heroic tokens sometimes (rarely) result in a 4* cover...
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Not only are the CP drops really rare (as Bowgentle pointed out above), but they're not new either. They've been in there since the original announcement.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      It is possible to receive the following bonus rewards from S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts;
    1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, 250 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points.
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54553
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    First business to ever **** on you?
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker

In addition to the responses above ... Amazon users are also being "crapped on".
    Though Amazon users did get that nifty 50% off day, which was a huge contributor to my being able to champ Carol.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    They're really rare.

Since intercepts started, I have gotten maybe 5 total.
    That's still five more than all of the Steam users combined have received...
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    Helped my girl beat the essential fight in DDQ on Android...

You let her have a phone!? What if she calls for help?
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    That's your pennace for playing on an inferior platform
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Helped my girl beat the essential fight in DDQ on Android...

You let her have a phone!? What if she calls for help?

Tablet. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the iso rewards that should make you feel left out. As a heavy pve player, shield intercepts have significantly improved my iso flow without slowing me down, as I am a VIP user.

You can make 100-120 CP in a week through normal play. A rare point here and there isn't going to give the android user much of an advantage over you. But the iso... that's faster character levels, pure and simple.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    sadly as a semi competitive pve player who doesn't have VIP, I'm constantly having to skip intercepts so I can stay semi-competitive against the rest of the field icon_evil.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    nyck1118 wrote:
    That's your pennace for playing on an inferior platform

With the far superior UI? Sure =)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Not that it will make you feel better but if Steam allowed Demiurge to show adds in MPQ on Steam I can guarantee that you would have intercepts. Those ads are free money for them.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said this earlier in another thread, but since these complaints are endless:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Look, I understand the Steam players' frustration, but this wasn't a decision a group of evil developers made to persecute a tiny subset of the game's player base. Whenever you release something across multiple platforms, there will be discrepancies due to the unique natures of and rules/requirements inherent to each platform. On top of that, platforms change their rules/requirements as time goes on, whether the developers like it or not. We just saw this with the change for Amazon devices; Amazon players had access to intercepts, Amazon made some change, and now Amazon players no longer have access to intercepts. There are also certain platforms that experience ISO sales while others do not. As long as this game exist on different platforms, it will never be perfectly equal.

That said, if Steam has rules / roadblocks preventing the developers to allow Steam users to sync their game with mobile platforms, the developers absolutely should allow Steam players the option of a one-time account transfer to the mobile platforms. That's what everyone should be pressing for, not demanding that the developers provide them with a feature they simply contractually cannot.
    mega ghost wrote:
    You know what hurts me more, competitively, than a difference of 2K - 6K ISO a day? Having responsibilities and obligations. I don't have the same free time to dedicate to the game as many of you do, so top placement is an impossibility for me because of real-world constraints. Is it an equal playing field for people with an hour of free time a day to be placed in the same competitive pool as someone with four or more hours of free time daily? Having better internet access makes a big difference too! I used to have to squeeze in my matches on the toilet at work, but the Wi-Fi was spotty in there. Is it unfair that some people work in offices with better Wi-Fi reception in the bathroom? Do people with IBS that take more at-work bathroom trips have an unfair advantage? What about people that don't have full-time jobs vs. people who work 60+ hours a week? And poor people vs. rich people, with more disposable income for HP and ISO? And the app crashes on Android phones more than Apple phones... that costs health, points, and time, so Android users are at a disadvantage. If someone has Carpal Tunnel and has to take breaks from the game for days at a time to protect their hands, how is it fair that they must compete with someone with no hand injuries? Are the developers ableist?

Etc.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Sure, but the next time you're competing with someone else (at anything) and then the moderator of the competition violently tilts the competition is favor of your opponent, let us know how you feel.

The complaints don't stem from the fact that we expect the game to made perfectly fair on all levels. They stem from the fact that we had expectations regarding what the competition was supposed to be about, and then those were ripped away in favor of having it be about which UI you chose, years before.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, but the next time you're competing with someone else (at anything) and then the moderator of the competition violently tilts the competition is favor of your opponent, let us know how you feel.

The complaints don't stem from the fact that we expect the game to made perfectly fair on all levels. They stem from the fact that we had expectations regarding what the competition was supposed to be about, and then those were ripped away in favor of having it be about which UI you chose, years before.

This is hyperbole. It's a small advantage, and it honestly doesn't affect competition much at all. If all of your competitors on mobile platforms are getting so much more ISO than you and leveling their characters up faster, then guess what! (Unless I fundamentally don't understand how this game pairs up players) Soon enough they're not even in the same bracket as you and you're not even competing. In fact, if the difference is truly significant, intercepts have now been in place long enough that these players should have all left your bracket and you shouldn't even be encountering them.

I get why you want it, and I'd like you to have it! The thing is, the developers want you to have it too. But it's not their decision, it's a limitation of Steam. And now seemingly Amazon. Maybe this will change in three months, maybe it will only get worse. But what's the alternative? Only offer the game on a single platform? Make it so that only people on iOS can play?

They should let you migrate your account from Steam to a mobile platform since they seemingly can't sync, but beyond that I don't know what anyone expects.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Is it a conscienscious decision to **** all over a small part of their user base? No, of course not.

Is it a conscienscious decision to be aware a part of your playerbase is being left behind in a competitive game, and to do nothing about it? Yes it is.

This discussion will not and should not go away until they throw a bone to the steam players. Can't do the adds? Make something else up.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    What really added insult to injury was logging in on steam MPQ and getting a big announcement that intercepts had been updated. Still not for you, but even better for people you're competing with!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,402 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it a conscienscious decision to **** all over a small part of their user base? No, of course not.

Is it a conscienscious decision to be aware a part of your playerbase is being left behind in a competitive game, and to do nothing about it? Yes it is.

This discussion will not and should not go away until they throw a bone to the steam players. Can't do the adds? Make something else up.

**** over a small group... They been doing that since day 1 with not allowing us to hook to facebook.. this is just **** 2...

they never fix facebook and they will never fix this they will just hope it blows over and just keep on **** on the players... Just dont give them any cash toss the **** right back.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    It's a small advantage, and it honestly doesn't affect competition much at all. If all of your competitors on mobile platforms are getting so much more ISO than you and leveling their characters up faster, then guess what! (Unless I fundamentally don't understand how this game pairs up players) Soon enough they're not even in the same bracket as you and you're not even competing. In fact, if the difference is truly significant, intercepts have now been in place long enough that these players should have all left your bracket and you shouldn't even be encountering them.
    In a game where roster diversity is the key to success, ISO absolutely matters. Consider that you'll need around 6 million iso to champ the 3-stars - a key step towards developing a 4-star roster. Then you'll need about 18 million more to champ the 4-stars. This is our goal. This is goal we all share. More characters at a higher level. This allows us to better compete.

In PVE, more high level characters allows us to clear nodes faster using less health packs. It gives us high level characters to use in the required nodes, rather than compensating for an under-leveled character you have to take despite them being useless. Faster = better placement.

There is a required character in every PVP event, and they change twice a week. Having that required character at a higher level helps us go further. Having a diverse roster around them helps us once again climb faster using less health packs. Faster = less retaliations.

I wouldn't want to see a bunch of players advance past me, moving on to bigger and better things. Imagine if everyone in your alliance was champing characters twice as fast as you, talking about how awesome it is to get prizes from the game, prizes you don't get. And no one can say shield intercept prizes don't make that much of a difference. After finishing a PVE node and getting 100 ISO, the steam player is done. Meanwhile, us mobile users might get handed another 250, 500, 1000, or 2000 ISO. That's up to 20x more ISO!

The developers have created a great way to help them monetize the game that benefits their players and makes everyone happy, everyone but the steam player. I promise you each and every one of them would switch to playing on phone if they wouldn't have to start over. Can they play and have fun and be competitive without shield intercepts? Sure.

But that doesn't mean they're not being left behind.