OML

Andre_Leca_89
Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Old Man Logan probably the only 5* character I would sink ISO in to along side strange and black Bolt been playing MPQ for months now and I've only pulled one OML cover
Sometimes I like to look at other players rosters some have 4/6/8 covers I've seen champion leveled as well it's been 2 weeks since I pulled a 5* anyone with the same problem or is it just bad luck

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    it's been 2 weeks since I pulled a 5* anyone with the same problem or is it just bad luck
    That depends on how many pulls you do each day.
    If you do 3 pulls daily then yes, 0/42 is bad.

If you pull one token every 3 days, then no, it's not bad.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    4/6/8 build sounds awesome
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that Old Man Logan was the second fivestar ever released, so if you played this game a year ago you had a 5% chance to get him from Legendary tokens. Lots of people with many covers have had plenty of time to build him up. The present draw rate makes it unlikely you'll be able to Catch up unless you get very lucky.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I probably pull around 5 Classic LTs per week (50 cp from PVE, 30 cp from PVP, 20 cp from champion rewards), and I haven't pulled a new OML in around a year or more, other than the times I pulled one black and one red each, of which I already have 5 colors, so I had to throw them away.

Need a yellow! With less than 1% chance and only around 52 x 5 = 260 pulls per year, odds are looking slim.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    It's all luck. There are 9 five star characters in the classic legends so if you even pull a five star chances are that it won't be OML. I'm over 400 days played and my OML is 2/0/0. I have had better luck on other characters, Black Suit Spiderman is 2/2/2 and I have a few other classic legends at 5 to 7 covers. OML red and yellow are actually the only 2 covers that existed in the game when I started playing that I haven't pulled at least one of yet.

The longer you've played the faster you earn command points though. When I was a few months in I was opening one or two legendary tokens a week at a 10% 5* chance at one of three characters. Now I'm opening 5 or 6 a week (when I'm not hoarding) at a 15% chance at 1 of 9 characters. This is rough napkin math but I think I've gone from about a 6% chance to get an OML cover each week to a 10% chance to get an OML cover each week. So far it's not really working out for my OML but my overall odds seems to be better now then they were when I started.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have pulled exactly 1 oml in my time playing mpq (thankfully a yellow!). I already had maxed 4*s when LTs were introduced in fall 2015, so the problen isnt lack of opportunity.

What you are experiencing is normal. This is why players hate rng only progresssion for the 5* tier.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 8 covers for OML. He is extremely useful to avoid spending on health packs in PvE. He tanks his colors automatically (I am not a 5* player), and automatically takes a gap color.

He is not much of a deterrent in PvP. At my level, he's easy to ignore on defense. I hit 8-9 covers all the time. Deny black and leave him for last. He's a kitten. A champed one - probably another story, but I haven't had to deal with one yet.

He's still worth the pursuit. Every time I open a classic I cross my fingers for another cover. But he's easy to beat. If you intend to float at a high value or don't shield hop, he's a target.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    it's been 2 weeks since I pulled a 5* anyone with the same problem or is it just bad luck
    That depends on how many pulls you do each day.
    If you do 3 pulls daily then yes, 0/42 is bad.

If you pull one token every 3 days, then no, it's not bad.

About 4 to 5 pulls a week
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Quebbster wrote:
    Keep in mind that Old Man Logan was the second fivestar ever released, so if you played this game a year ago you had a 5% chance to get him from Legendary tokens. Lots of people with many covers have had plenty of time to build him up. The present draw rate makes it unlikely you'll be able to Catch up unless you get very lucky.

I wish I knew about this game when it came out I love it
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Calnexin wrote:
    I have 8 covers for OML. He is extremely useful to avoid spending on health packs in PvE. He tanks his colors automatically (I am not a 5* player), and automatically takes a gap color.

He is not much of a deterrent in PvP. At my level, he's easy to ignore on defense. I hit 8-9 covers all the time. Deny black and leave him for last. He's a kitten. A champed one - probably another story, but I haven't had to deal with one yet.

He's still worth the pursuit. Every time I open a classic I cross my fingers for another cover. But he's easy to beat. If you intend to float at a high value or don't shield hop, he's a target.

Yes to save Heath packs he is good for that and lots of match damage I am not a 5* player I just finished my 3* starting with 4* now but I could really benefit of OML's yellow
  • Andre_Leca_89
    So far since I posted this topic I've pulled 2 Old Man Logan covers black and red he's got 3 covers now, still no yellow but I feel like I am getting closer
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    If you play till day 1095 the resupply is OML yellow...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have one championed 4 star and you are worried about OML. If they gave you a 13 cover Logan tomorrow you would be complaining about your MMR. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Stop trying to run before you can walk, how do you think your game will change for the better once you get him?

I have played far longer and you have one more cover on him than I do.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    the 5 star tier is a good time to quit the game

scalings bad, getting new characters i bad, the iso costs are astronomical, they are released inconsistently and vary in use, and all but 3 become hard/impossible to obtain, and it takes 1000 days to start seeing them in resupply. (might be 800)

overall it's a pretty raw deal to keep playing the same nodes you've done as a 1 2 3 and 4 star player.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 wrote:
    If you play till day 1095 the resupply is OML yellow...

31 days and counting! My 4/0/1 OML cannot snikting wait.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Nice! My 0/5/5 OML is waiting for the resupply black cover!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't feel bad - I'm on day 1,177 and my OML is a beastly 2/0/2.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can always spend a ton of money to get extra pulls and try to get the covers you want.

To understand how the concept works, South Park created a PSA about free to play games. Search for the freemium isn't free episode.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    At 1.7% draw rate, and only months into the game, did you expect more than your one cover? Read the simulation threads, the two you've recently pulled is Longshot-on-a-good-day levels of lucky.
  • DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Well, i got my first yellow OML from daily reward #1095 (yes thats over thosand days logged in) ... which puts mine to 1/1/2. Just to give you the other side of the coin.
This discussion has been closed.