We don't need another hero!

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Here we go again, another character that will collect dust on my shelf like the majority of the new releases so far
(gwenpool, agent venom, wasp, thanos 3* and so on).
What is wrong with you Devs? Do you really think that we need a new character every 2 weeks?

ALL WE NEED is that you give us that "awesome new gameplay change" we were promised.
WE NEED that you centred your efforts into fixing the numerous bugs that affect this game.
WE NEED new stories for PVE.
WE NEED the scaling problem for higher roster to be fixed, because it's not fair that a player who has spent time and money on this game in order to develop a better roster, has to be punished by the crazy scaling in PVE and PVP.

Yes we like new characters from time to time, BUT NOT EVERY 2 WEEKS! icon_redface.gif
Please give your priority into fixing this game!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    User metrics disagree. Game makes more Money when new characters are released. Gotta keep the hamsters fed.
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    It's all a money grab and everybody knows it. No amount of protesting here is going to change that and it is sad.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point how are 4's even profitable.

There don't provide much incentive vs new 5's.

Unless whales are silly enough to toss hundreds and thousands to covers a character they can't even use.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfrotunately Quebbster is right. They get a lot of money with each new release. People spend HP on slots, pull tokens, whale jump on it to whale it, etc.

As much as I agree that new gameplay features would be most welcome we are still being treated with a couple of characters each month. This will not change till the game is dead. But maybe they can drop the new feature along the way. One can hope.

My suggestion - we need boss event each month instead of regular PvE. I don't care which one. They can cycle (including the bad ones). Just keep the rewards high in them and make them alliance cooperation events if you have any doubts. I am sure that people would be much happier if this happened. Also - there should be a 7-14 day guantlet open next to the regular PvE. All the time. See - two easy changes (all for them is already coded) and people would love you like their mothers. And might even spend more...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The notion that the devs could cease making new characters and divert all of that energy into other things doesn't really fit with how game design actually works.

The guy who makes art and animation doesn't know how to code. The guy that talks to Marvel about who to include, and getting their approval for stuff designed for the game, he doesn't know how to make colorless covers happen. The person in charge of deriving stats and skillsets and tweaking the numbers probably can't help when it comes to bringing us new Story events. I'm sure there's some crossover (each of these people could have pitched in to create Strange Sights, for example), but that doesn't mean these people can cease making new characters and focus 100% on programming changes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some other changes too, and while I keep up from release to release, having a longer break between rostering new characters wouldn't hurt from time to time. But expecting one at the expense of the other isn't fair or reasonable.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I thought this thread was going to be about needing more villains.
    What we need are either

- Colourless covers. There are numerous comments on this. And while I agree that it wouldn't make sense from a financial standpoint to the developers (it's not about the money, money, money), simply impose a fee to change colours. Maybe 5-10 CP? This would solve the problem of dupes immensely

or

- Remove expiry dates of covers. We should not have to feel like the game is punishing us when we draw, say, a 10th Sleight of Hand for our 5/5/2 Starlord. Give us the chance to continue trying for that final red cover without worrying about his purple cover expiring

I think a nice caveat to the idea of removing expiration dates on covers is that it should only apply to characters rostered. That way people might feel tempted to buy HP for new characters, so D3 still gets some money, but it does punish those who pull unusable covers.
  • WEBGAS
    I am not so blind, I know that new characters are money for the game.
    But I would like to play a game with less bugs and new features other than 24/30 new characters each year.
    Too many characters (much more variant of the same indeed icon_eek.gif ) and feel like same old same old.
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Meanwhile, all I can think of is: "We don't need to know the way home... All we want is life beyond... Thunderdome!"
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    maybe another option for avoiding expiration is to have a Bank in addition to the roster queue. move a cover into the Bank, then it no longer has an expiration. limit the slots in the Bank, or make them purchasable ($$ for devs). to remove a cover from the Bank, it must be sold (i.e it can not enter the roster queue again).

the details of this can be determined, such as how many slots you start with, the upper limit of how many you can have, how much it would cost to start a Bank, or add slots to it, etc.

this allows some flexibility for the players, but not without limitations, and definitely not without the opportunity for the devs to make some money on it.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    rc35 wrote:
    Meanwhile, all I can think of is: "We don't need to know the way home... All we want is life beyond... Thunderdome!"

Waaaaaah....kaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaah....kaaaaaa
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    15108740.jpg
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before iceIX left he plainly stated
    Players won't pay for new stories or character fixes, but they will pay for new characters in multiple ways, aditional slots and cover packs.
    Is all about monetization
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Money grab? I think people still struggle with the concepts of paying for employees and keeping the lights on. Probably the same people who will B. and moan when the servers shut down because game is not profitable anymore.

And since it is now easy to go get that new cover as a progression on the next PvE what's the big deal ?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:
    Unfrotunately Quebbster is right. They get a lot of money with each new release. People spend HP on slots, pull tokens, whale jump on it to whale it, etc.

As much as I agree that new gameplay features would be most welcome we are still being treated with a couple of characters each month. This will not change till the game is dead. But maybe they can drop the new feature along the way. One can hope.

My suggestion - we need boss event each month instead of regular PvE. I don't care which one. They can cycle (including the bad ones). Just keep the rewards high in them and make them alliance cooperation events if you have any doubts. I am sure that people would be much happier if this happened. Also - there should be a 7-14 day guantlet open next to the regular PvE. All the time. See - two easy changes (all for them is already coded) and people would love you like their mothers. And might even spend more...
    I think "gauntlets" will be pretty boring now that you can use the characters that are in the node
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:

And since it is now easy to go get that new cover as a progression on the next PvE what's the big deal ?

My 1-1-0 Agent Venom chuckles at this. First cover WAS that original progression cover.

But yeah, nothing wrong with new releases if they make the company money. However, they need to be featured more through progression and not placement/low rng. End of the day, one vault/pve/pvp/simulator really is sad since the vast majority of the player base will only be able to win the pve reward then it's all pure rng for months on end.

And considering the game is getting steady revenue from $10 monthly fee for what amounts to nothing and steady ad income, the tiny tim defense is beyond silly.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I don't rage against new characters in general, I just hate that they seem to take up all the development time so we don't get new stories, bug fixes, new features etc. Do I really need another new character to take up against Bullseye, Daken, Juggernaught, moonstone, Yelena Belova, Ragnarok, Doctor Doom and Ares? Nope. I really don't feel like I do. And unless they can replace somebody in the toppest of tiers like Peggy did then why do I need them for PVP either? I don't feel like I do. The whole gotta catch em all thing will only take you so far.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    What we need are either [:] Colourless covers. There are numerous comments on this. And while I agree that it wouldn't make sense from a financial standpoint to the developers (it's not about the money, money, money), simply impose a fee to change colours. Maybe 5-10 CP? This would solve the problem of dupes immensely [or] [r]emove expiry dates of covers. We should not have to feel like the game is punishing us when we draw, say, a 10th Sleight of Hand for our 5/5/2 Starlord. Give us the chance to continue trying for that final red cover without worrying about his purple cover expiring
    Since I'd greatly like for this game to continue to receive marketing and development support from its backers and, for those backers, it really is all about the money, money, money), I couldn't disagree with this more.

While it'd be nice from a player standpoint in the short-term in the long-term it'd be detrimental since a semi-profitable game is a game that won't be supported by its industry backers. The industry standard is not simply that a game must make profit enough to sustain itself/its expenses with some left over but that it must make all the profit. Every F2P must be Candy Crush or Clash of Clans or its not worth keeping around in favor of using that production team to try to make the next CC or CoC. Therefore, things that reduce a huge revenue stream from this game? Are bad things.

Would it be nice to not be facing selling an Ant-Man and potentially a Totally Awesome Hulk because I took 4 days off the game and now may not get the Iso to champ either before they expire? Sure, it'd be nice. I definitely wouldn't have gotten enough to Champ both even if I'd squeezed every bit of Iso out of the game that I could from the second I got the Ant-Man cover. So, yes, very nice... temporarily. But it's not a reasonable expectation and it wouldn't be nice in the long-term.

Jam_Adams' Bank suggestion, which has been brought up before in different forms, at least adds some viability to the idea since it'd create an alternate, potentially improved revenue stream. It'd help players without hurting the bottom line of the game, which would help players even more.

Sure, trying to cover all the 4★s I have but are under 9 covers is really frustrating, even pulling 1-2 covers a day. Repetitive events are frustrating. The bugs are incredibly frustrating and do need to be addressed since they harm the functionality of the game over time. But having a broken game beats having no game, in the end. I doubt the devs love having to do the same thing over and over again, with little variation, either, to be honest. But it's what the bean counters think will gain the most money and what keeps the lights on. So, they do what they must and I'll keep playing the game for as long as it keeps being fun.

And, overall, it's still less repetitive than Candy Crush. Or even, for that matter, Contest of Champions.
  • WEBGAS
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't rage against new characters in general, I just hate that they seem to take up all the development time so we don't get new stories, bug fixes, new features etc. Do I really need another new character to take up against Bullseye, Daken, Juggernaught, moonstone, Yelena Belova, Ragnarok, Doctor Doom and Ares? Nope. I really don't feel like I do. And unless they can replace somebody in the toppest of tiers like Peggy did then why do I need them for PVP either? I don't feel like I do. The whole gotta catch em all thing will only take you so far.

This was exactly my point (sorry if I didn't explain me well).
    I prefer to have less new characters if they could use time and resources to create new stories and fix the numerous bugs that affect this game.
    And YES, Tina Turner was in my mind when I wrote this post icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS wrote:
    And YES, Tina Turner was in my mind when I wrote this post icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    When I saw the title of this thread, Enrique Iglesias and Mariah Carey were in mine.

Get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper!
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Here we go again, another character that will collect dust on my shelf like the majority of the new releases so far
    (gwenpool, agent venom, wasp, thanos 3* and so on).
    What is wrong with you Devs? Do you really think that we need a new character every 2 weeks?

ALL WE NEED is that you give us that "awesome new gameplay change" we were promised.
    WE NEED that you centred your efforts into fixing the numerous bugs that affect this game.
    WE NEED new stories for PVE.
    WE NEED the scaling problem for higher roster to be fixed, because it's not fair that a player who has spent time and money on this game in order to develop a better roster, has to be punished by the crazy scaling in PVE and PVP.

Yes we like new characters from time to time, BUT NOT EVERY 2 WEEKS! icon_redface.gif
    Please give your priority into fixing this game!

Riri it s unitilized on my shelf since her release (3weeks ago).....Black Panther is just released since .......4 days? And now they release a new character?
    Cone on guys, give us a break!
    What about the new features you promised?

Tina Turner is roaring in my head icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif